Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > These Dreams That Haunt Me

Chapter 2

by Cut-Up-Angel 2 reviews

I double checked my pockets, for anything that shouldn’t be there. Green light.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-20 - Updated: 2011-08-20 - 1042 words

1Exciting
I needed to tell someone about these dreams; every time Celia spoke to me I thought she was going to tell me it was over. To make things worse, she kept speaking to Mikey, about the stupidest of things that she could have easily asked me about. Thankfully, tonight, we were round hers, while her parents were out of town, for the weekend.

All I wanted was a perfect relationship, and Mikey had to stick his nose into it. I know he hasn’t had the best of luck, but seriously? There was no need to go hitting on my girlfriend. He’s three years younger, why would Celia go for the younger model, when the more experienced is here?

As I was packing for the night, I found a gun in suit case. ‘Fuck that’ I thought, as I carefully hid it in my sock draw. Celia knocked on the door not long after; she came in a wrapped her arms around me and kissed my neck.

“So, you all ready? Because I wanted to walk Anna before it got dark,” she smiled. I wish she didn’t have such an amazing face, sometimes. At least that way, it was guaranteed she’d only be mine. Jealously really was a bitch. I tried speaking, but it came out as a horrible splutter, so I nodded instead. “Good, I’ll get your suitcase,” she was still grinning, all the way to the car.

“Bye Mikes! Don’t nerdgasm too much, while I’m gone,” I yelled, walking out the door and shutting as quickly as I could, in order to avoid the ‘wrath of Michael James Way’, which would have just been him shouting how much of a little bitch I am and that he isn’t a nerd. Everyone knew he was, it was in his blood, therefore in mine too, which is why it made sense.

Turning round, I caught glimpse of my girlfriend’s car and froze. I double checked my pockets, for anything that shouldn’t be there. Green light. After a sigh of relief, I sat in the car, patiently waiting for Celia to start the car. Ah, the sweet smell of Rosie. She was brand new, so the paint job was spot on perfect, but Celia had ruined the new car smell, by hanging an air-freshener from the mirror.

“Listen, Gerard. There’s something I need to tell you, before we go,” she said, calmly, turning the key in the ignition. Oh shit. Please, please, please don’t let my nightmare come true… Shit. My hands reached straight into my pockets, checking for the hundredth time; nothing. But my breathing was still at 300 miles per hour. “Hey, easy there, anyone would think I was breaking up with you,” she chuckled.

“Oh, ha, yeah, I guess,” I sighed, happily. My heart rate lowered, and so did my breathing. “So, what was it?”

“I’m decorating my room, so we’re sleeping on the sofa tonight, sorry,” she gulped. Well, it wasn’t what I was expecting, but it was a hell of a lot better.

The rest of the 30 minute drive to Celia’s house was full of us singing along to whatever songs came onto the radio. The world was going past, so fast, almost as if we were traveling at the fastest speed; which I knew we weren’t, because Celia was especially careful, when it came to driving.

She parked on the drive way, just in front of the massive building she called her house. I guess with 3 brothers, your parents would have to get a huge house. We entered the house, and I was welcomed by Anna, Celia’s Papillion puppy. Anna had red collie markings and a really, really fluffy tail. Somehow, she managed to jump up and hit me in the face.

“Anna, c’mon, stop it. You’ve seen Gerard plenty of times before, no need to act like this,” Celia called from the kitchen, holding a couple of dog treats. Anna stopped, looked round and sprinted to Celia.

“Don’t worry, it’s fine, I didn’t mind her jumping up at me,” I called, out to Celia, as she shut Anna in the kitchen. “Ah, I see where you’re going with this…” She smirked at me, as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“We’re home alone, there’s no one else here…” she whispered, to me. To be honest, I really didn’t feel like sex, especially after all these dreams.

“Celia, I don’t know how to tell you this…” I started. She pulled away from me, and looked down.

“Nah, that’s cool. I guess we could just snuggle on the sofa and watch a movie,” she said, calmly. “What do you wanna watch? I’ll go down to the store and grab something.”

“Hmm… That movie The Others sounds pretty good,” I smiled, warmly at her. She rolled her eyes.

“It’s a horror movie, isn’t it?” she sighed. My smile stuck to my face, like glue. “Fine, but if they don’t have it, I’ll be getting a Disney movie, okay?”

“Yay?” I forcefully kept my smile on my face, and lifted my hands to my face, with my thumbs up, just to show how excited I was.

As soon as she left the house, my hands morphed into cross-keys, and I began reciting the precious prayer of ‘please let it be out of stock’. Yeah, sure, I fucking loved horror films, but nothing beat a good Disney movie. Repeat: nothing.

I let Anna out of the kitchen, just to shut her yappin’. For a small pup, she had a set of lungs on her. We sat around the longue, I was bored out my head and Anna was as happy as me on weed. After a while, I fell asleep, waiting.

It’s not that I was tired, I was bored, and I didn’t want to sleep, but what else was there to do? ThenI realised that horrible mistake I’d made; sleeping. The nightmares, they were sure to return. And this time, Celia was going to see me in that state.

I couldn’t wake up.
Sign up to rate and review this story