Categories > Anime/Manga > Battle Royale > Redder Than Blood, Whiter Than Bone

Fear (Part 2)

by Will2672 0 reviews

A student ends up losing their life due to fear.

Category: Battle Royale - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-23 - 644 words

0Unrated
Although she had been knocked unconscious, Louise felt as if she were waking up from a deep slumber.
Oh no. She'd probably overslept while studying for some test. Yesterday, she was sure that she had that meeting with senior management, and that was a Wednesday. So did that mean that today was Thursday? No. She remembered that Thursday was the day that her and Robyn ate lunch with their friends (it was rare for them to do so, so she was sure that today couldn't be Thursday). She remembered how Kris had been playfully winding Gina and Lor up. Yes. That was right. So then today must be Friday. Let's see...first period on Friday, she had Psychology with Mr Hartley and-
Wait! Het thoughts suddenly snapped into place. It all came flooding back to her. Waking up in that classroom. Being greeted by that sadistic prick in the pink shirt. Finding out that she was in The Program. Getting out of the school and finding the bodies of Jake Booth and Gina! The ominous figure of death constantly following her! Finding the gun in her bag-
The gun!
She sat up.
She needed to find the gun! If she didn't then she would be killed! She needed to use it to stop people! To kill them before they killed her!
BANG~!
She felt a blow against the back of her head. It was the last sensation that she ever felt.

*

Female Student #20 (and transfer student), Danielle Elsmon was terrified. She had been wandering around the designated area non stop for the past nine hours. Sure, she was more likely to bump into someone dangerous if she moved around, but that wasn't her thought process. The way she saw it was: Hey, if I move around, then I will avoid people, and I may find someone who will help me.
As her hair, slightly longer than shoulder length, bobbed and swayed around her face, she continued to stagger through the trees.
After being out and moving for that long, needless to say that she was thoroughly fatigued. She was beginning to feel light headed and drowsy. Her lips were trembling.
She just wanted to find someone. Someone she could trust. If she had been in her own school, then she would have been able meet up with one of her friends. But no. She was a transfer student. Included as an extra in this psychotic fucking game! There was no way that any of the students at this school would trust her. To them, she was just someone who could kill them without a second thought, because she didn't know them. But that wasn't he case. She didn't want to kill anyone. She just wanted someone to help her. Someone to talk to. What if she could find a girl? A nice girl. Yeah. Someone like her that she could trust. But, what if they tried to kill her. What if the person she found made out that they could be trusted, but killed her when her back was turned?!
Her finger twitched against the trigger of the gun in her hand. A Browning. A 9mm weapon.
It was then that she saw something. Someone was laying in the undergrowth, several meters ahead of her. Was this her chance? Was this her chance to join up with someone that she could trust?
But what if they were already dead? What if this person was one of the students whose name had been read off in one of the two announcements?
Moving closer, she could hear the person's heavy breathing. They were alive.
All of a sudden, the girl in the undergrowth sat up.
This sudden movement prompted Danielle to emit a small scream, and reflexively pull the trigger of her gun. The back of the girl's head exploded.
Danielle had killed her.

24 STUDENTS REMAINING
Sign up to rate and review this story