Categories > Anime/Manga > Battle Royale > Redder Than Blood, Whiter Than Bone

Wandering

by Will2672 0 reviews

A student debates over how they should move.

Category: Battle Royale - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-23 - 461 words

0Unrated
Olivia Dike (Female Student #7) moved quickly from behind one tree to another. Gripped in her hand was a large bladed weapon. A machete.
She had originally been hiding inside a small, shack-like structure, inside an outcrop of trees. However, the zone that she was inside was designated to become 'Dead' as of 3:00pm and she decided that she needed to move.
Her lean, muscular, build moved sharply and directly as she avoided making any sound. Every so often, when she came to a patch of thick undergrowth, she would throw a handful of pebbles forwards, to check and see if someone was there. So far, all was going well for her.
Keeping low to the floor, she advanced forwards. If she could just get out of this group of trees, and across the field (if her map proved correct) then she would be out of the zone. Then all she would have to do is find another good spot to hide and she would be home free.
Crouching down in front of a large shrub, she grasped at several stones that lined the floor and picked them up. Continuing with her ritual, she tossed the pebbles into the undergrowth and waited.
There was a rustling and all of a sudden, a head appeared. Wading through the buses was the figure of a girl. Olivia didn't recognise her, so she was probably one of the transfer students.
If she were honest, Olivia found the girl quite attractive (this was irrelevant at current time, but would probably become relevant in the near future, but Olivia was a lesbian). The new arrival was relatively short, with mousey blonde hair that fell to just below her shoulders, framing her slightly round face. She was dressed in a typical combination of tight jeans and a plain white t-shirt.
Backing away from the person, Olivia began to recede into the shrubs. There was always the chance that this person may try to kill her.
"W-wait!" the girl suddenly cried out. "Pl-please don't leave!" Her face was wet with tears that gleamed against her pale cheeks. Like ice.
Olivia stopped. Her grip on the machete loosened ever so slightly.
"Help me...!" the girl whimpered, staggering forwards. Olivia raised her machete as a warning against the girl. In response to this, the girl raised her hands into view. They were empty. "You have to help me...! I don't want to di-i-ie...!" Upon uttering the word 'die' she brome into a long string of sobs.
A sympathetic expression passed across Olivia's face. It wasn't in her nature to just let someone die.
"What's your name?" she asked softly, purposely lowering her voice in order to appear less intimidating.
"Laura..." the girl whispered, bowing her head slightly. "Laura Dennie."

24 STUDENTS REMAINING
Sign up to rate and review this story