Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(11) Different Suits You Well

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

Brendon finds Kacy's choice for a dinner date to be a joke.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-24 - Updated: 2011-08-25 - 675 words - Complete

1Original
I hadn't seen Brendon at all today except for this morning when I'd snuck out while he was still sleeping. Now I was standing in front of the mirror in my bedroom, getting ready for my date and it simply left me feeling uneasy. Why though?

I'd decided to go with normal me which would hopefully be good enough but if it wasn't then he wasn't worth it and that was something I'd never change my mind about.

"Kacy! Someone is at the door for you." My mother yelled, sounding pleased. I think she thought I was going to end up alone, which I very well still might, and she was afraid of me becoming her so seeing a guy at the door had perked her up.

When I reached the living room I was surprised at who I found waiting for me. It wasn't Alex. Instead Brendon was standing there looking as handsome as ever and just as unattainable as the first day I met him. At least Alex was down to earth, right?

"Hey, I was wondering what you were up to.." Brendon said, burying his hands in his jeans as he looked around at the living room which was just as crazy as it always was. This time he seemed a little more prepared for it and as he leaned towards me and whispered I felt a little more sane in my resolve to not like him. "Your mother is freaking hot."

"I'm busy Brendon." I stated, crossing my arms.

Brendon shrugged. "With homework?" Then he added, "If you end up looking like her when you're older then you're golden."

My face turned a shade of red as he made that statement but the burning leaned a little more towards anger than embarrassment. I did not want to have any kind of conversation about my mother and myself in my living room. "Actually-" I started but then there was a knock at the door.

As I went to open the door Brendon watched with a curious look on his face that was quickly intensified when he saw Alex standing there. "Well, this is weird." Brendon stated.

"I have a date tonight Brendon." I said, still wondering why I had become his entertainment. I wasn't all that entertaining. Brendon had said so himself.

Brendon nodded and Alex looked past me at him. "The Brendon you mentioned on our first date?" He asked, not seeming to know who Brendon was.

Brendon stepped forward and extended his hand for a handshake. "Brendon Urie, Lead singer of Panic! At The Disco." Quite an introduction...

"Oh, I like your music!" Alex stated, shaking Brendon's hand. "How do you and Kacy know each other?"

"We went on a few dates." Brendon said, standing behind me and placing his hand on my shoulder which did not go unnoticed by Alex.

"That's weird since she told me nothing happened between you guys." Alex said, confused.

I nodded. "Nothing did. Brendon is just a friend and we should get going." At the moment friend was a generous title for Brendon.

"Where are you guys going?" Brendon asked, blowing off Alex's remark.

"Riverette." Alex stated. It really was the only fancy restaurant in town. I didn't even know we were going there. I felt wildly underdressed.

Especially seeing as how Alex was wearing a tux which I had somehow overlooked. It suited him well.

"Bye Brendon." I said, forcefully. Why wasn't he leaving?

Brendon laughed at my forceful tone but still walked out the door, waving at me beforehand. "Bye Kacy." He said it as if it were a joke.

"Ready?" Alex asked, breaking me from my thoughts. He seemed troubled by the entire interaction and I was understanding. It was fairly awkward.

"Of course but I don't think I'm dressed for the occasion. I figured we were going to something... like the coffee shop?" I said, looking down at my ripped jeans.

Alex laughed. "I think you look sexy. Besides I like different; it suits you well." That made me smile.

**
Sign up to rate and review this story