Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(10) Complications

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

Sorry, it's not put together completely but it's supposed to be that way. I'm trying to show that she is having trouble understanding everything so it's jumbled in her head.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-24 - Updated: 2011-08-25 - 2168 words - Complete

1Ambiance
So now we were sitting in Brendon's living room, doing absolutely nothing as I tried to keep myself awake so that I wouldn’t end up standing Alex up for our tutoring session. It was 8:30 though so thankfully I didn’t have to make it much longer. Except for the movie afterwards. I had already faced the fact that I would probably fall asleep during that, I was mainly worried about Brendon letting me stay asleep. He seemed to have a personal vendetta against sleep actually.

“Are you sure you have to leave?” Brendon asked, standing up and stretching. Thankfully he had kept his shirt on this time though.

I nodded. “Oh and you make it so hard with all this sitting around, doing nothing.” I joked.

Brendon shrugged. “I was enjoying sitting here.”

I bit my lip and ignored the fact that he had been extremely serious all day. “Well he needs help with school work… So yeah, I think it’s important to go.” I didn’t tell him I also wanted to clear up some rumors.

“Okay, where am I dropping you off?” Brendon asked, grabbing his keys.

I paused. I just wasn’t sure the way to squash rumors about us would be to have him drop me off. “Can you drop me off at my car?” I asked.

“I can just pick you up if you want.” He stated but I shook my head as we headed out the door. “It’s fine really! I’m not sure how long I’ll be.” I said, trying to make excuses for myself.

I could see the doubt in Brendon’s eyes as he dropped me off at my car and I was sure that it was a reflection of what was in my own eyes but I didn’t understand where this doubt was coming from for either of us.

Two more months and Brendon would disappear anyway.

As I drove to the coffee shop I turned on the radio and cursed myself when a panic! song burst through the stereo at me. “Really?” I asked the radio, realizing at once that I was talking to an object that couldn’t reply. That shut me up quickly.

After shutting the radio off I drove on in silence. I had already finished my homework at Brendon’s so really all I had to do was get it in to this guy’s head that Brendon and I were never together and that it was all a mistake and help him with whatever subject he couldn’t comprehend on his own.

Alex was sitting at a table without any books; the only thing near him was a cup of coffee and his jacket. I wearily approached him. “Hey…”

“Hey!” He said, brightly. “Sit down.”

I sat and watched him, waiting for him to say something regarding school but how could I ever have been stupid enough to expect that from a jock? Of course he didn’t need help. He wasn’t concerned with school.

“So I’m hoping you won’t get mad at me but I actually just wanted a date with you.” He admitted, flashing me a smile.

I shrugged. “I guess I should have expected this.” But I didn’t get up, not yet.

“Why’s that?” he asked, seeming confused.

“You heard the rumors?” I asked/stated.

He shook his head, still looking confused. “What rumors?” He asked.

“With Brendon?” I asked, confused as well at this point.

“I don’t know who Brendon is.” Alex said, looking at me like I was crazy.

I sighed in relief. “Wow.”

Alex smiled at my sigh. “So it’s a good thing not to know Brendon?” He asked.

I laughed, a little too loudly to be considered sane. “It doesn’t matter. So why did you ask me out then?” I asked, even more confused at that.

“Because I like you. I have for awhile.” Alex said, and I could even see him blush a little.

“Why?” I asked, staring at him as if he were the crazy one.

Alex smiled and replied with something I never expected. “I like how smart you are and you really aren’t afraid to show it. Also you’ve never tried to impress me by doing stupid things like other girls. You look natural. That beauty you have is… it’s just you. It’s not manufactured and it’s not something you saw someone else with and worked hard to achieve.”

That was so sweet. I smiled, biting the corner of my cheek as I tried to decide if he was for real. His smile never faltered though so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. “Thanks Alex… That was really nice to hear.”

Alex shrugged, looking a little nervous. “It was the truth.”

Then the waitress came and asked if I wanted anything. I was so grateful for her at that moment. I didn’t know what else to say during that moment with Alex. I’d never been in a situation where I was being praised. I couldn’t attack him with words and that was really the only thing I took comfort in during most situations.

After getting a coffee and a bagel I looked back at Alex, still biting my lip. I was afraid I might just bite it off with the pressure I was applying. Alex noticed and reached over, taking my hand. I let him.

“I’m nervous.” He admitted.

“Me too.” I agreed, smiling at him. “And I’m not so sure when it comes to things like these but I think that’s a good thing…”

**

I parked in front of Brendon's apartment, unsure if I should've even dropped by. He might be passed out but I had told him I'd watch the movie with him and I didn't want to break my word. It was all I really had, it was what made me. Things with Alex went so unexpectedly; I still wasn't even sure if I trusted him or not. It was too hard to tell and too oddly timed for my taste.

Plus he had messed up my name when he asked me to tutor him. I didn't miss things like that. Mission accomplished though; I had made it very clear to Alex that Brendon and I had never done anything remotely relationship related. I hoped that would spread through the school quickly. I figured it would seeing as how I had accepted a second 'date' with him. Tomorrow night I would be dining with him.

It was so strange how easily time went by when I was with Alex. He was so easy going and smarter than I ever gave anyone on the football team credit for. I found myself kind of missing the awkwardness with Brendon though. For some reason I really liked it. It was starting to lose it's extreme uncomfortable touch and just become slightly awkward yet comfortable at the same time. Alex wasn't conceited. Or at least he wasn't so far. He had talked about football but never about himself directly.

I was about to give up on knocking on Brendon's door when it opened and I came face to face with Spencer. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you and Brendon were hanging out... I'll just go."

Spencer glared at me and rolled his eyes. "Really?" He asked, stepping outside, closing Brendon's door on us both.

"Is there something wrong with that?" I asked, confused but on guard. I didn't really like Spencer but then again I got the feeling that it was a mutual dislike.

"You are aware that he has been waiting for you, right?" Spencer asked.

"No." I replied, honestly. "I told him that I didn't know how long I was going to take. I didn't expect him to wait around for me." I replied, not seeing why Brendon would. He had much better things to do and it wasn't like I was his only friend.

"You're so dense." Spencer said, voice filled with contempt for me and I was about to respond when Brendon opened the door. He was wearing jeans but again no shirt and I got caught staring at his chest before I pulled myself away and looked to his face. He looked bummed and his hair was messy like he had been lying down.

"Hey, you showed up." Brendon said, forcing a smile.

"I think it would be a good idea if I left now." I responded. "But I wanted to stop by and tell you... The tutoring went well." I said, focusing on Brendon's forehead as I spoke. Spencer made me feel guilty and sadly I didn't have any smart comeback for him because I did feel extremely dense. But it wasn't like Brendon and I had a thing so I didn't understand why it would be a big deal at all. Spencer was just making shit up. There's no way Brendon just sat around and waited for me. If he had then why was Spencer here? But I felt guilty. The look in Spencer's eyes was enough to permanently guilt me and he was still staring at me as if trying to communicate with me through his eyes. Luckily for me I didn't get the message but I was more than sure that it wasn't kind.

"Why don't you come in and tell me about it?" Brendon asked, opening his door.

Spencer rolled his eyes but Brendon couldn't see. "Brendon I'm heading out. See ya later man." And with that Spencer was walking down the hallway leaving me with Brendon so I did what he wanted and came inside the apartment. "So how was it?" Brendon asked, closing the door and sitting on his couch.

I stared at his face for a few moments before continuing. "It was great. No tutoring though. Turned out that was just his ploy to um, get me to go out with him on a date." I said, quickly. I still didn't particularly believe that Alex wanted me so it was hard to talk about it.

"And you stayed?" Brendon asked, seeming surprised.

I nodded. "Of course. I found it kind of sweet actually."

I was sitting across from Brendon watching his face as he took in this information and I didn't see any real change that portrayed any hurt feelings so I figured Spencer had to be crazy. "You wouldn't have found it sweet if it had been me." Brendon replied.

I closed my eyes and tried to think of the easiest thing to say to him. I figured that I would go with what I thought was the truth at the moment. "Yes, I would've Brendon. But that's not what you did; you asked for my number when you were on a date with another girl. Do you see how that's not sweet?"

Brendon stood and went in to the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge aimlessly as he chose his next words carefully. "Do you like him?"

"I don't know yet. I don't really know him that well." I responded, standing as well and coming over to the kitchen. "Would you like me to make you something?" I knew that Brendon didn't like to cook. It was something that he had told me as I went through his fridge and noticed most of his food was microwavable or just ready made.

Brendon shrugged. "You don't have to."

"But you're hungry?" I asked, he always was.

Brendon nodded. "Yeah. French toast kind of sounds amazing."

I laughed and nodded. "Done, go sit down." I instructed as I reached in to his fridge and got out the eggs then I grabbed the rest of the necessary ingredients so that I could make Brendon his french toast. "So we gonna watch this movie?" I asked.

"Do you want to?" Brendon asked, seeming unsure.

"If you do. I'm always down for horror movies that aren't ridiculously gory. Don't ask me to sit in a room and watch a saw marathon. Ugh." I made a noise of necessary disgust, that movie was disgusting. The scenes made me physically uneasy.

Brendon laughed, "I know you told me that the other night about six times. You really hate saw." He commented as he got up and put Scream 3 in.

I put his french toast on a plate, grabbed him syrup and handed him both as I sat next to him.

He looked at me in confusion. "Thank you but why are you being so nice to me?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I'm tired."

Brendon laughed. "Figures."

----- I'm sorry for any errors guys, please tell me if you see any! Thanks again to ShootingStars, GAClive, and the lovely lady who emailed me directly. You all rock! As for the story... I know, I know but it's not over yet! Just read on. There is plenty more that is going to happen, I just haven't figured it out yet ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story