Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Up Until a Minute Ago -REWRITE

by StormVandal 13 reviews

The boy had tears in his eyes as he gazed up at his best friend. Well... up until a minute ago he'd been his best friend, anyway...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-08-26 - Updated: 2012-02-24 - 1083 words - Complete

5Moving
So this just happened. At like 3 in the morning, I just... wrote this, IDEK. Cheesy as fuck, and probably not very good. Let me know what you think and pretty pretty please with a motherfucking cherry on top, rate and review!

"Gee, I'm sorry."

The boy speaking had tears in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall as he gazed up at his best friend. Well... up until a minute ago, he'd been his best friend.

"Gee, please, whatever it is I did, I'm so, so sorry. Please don't do this..."

The boy he was speaking to, Gee... Gerard... sighed heavily. "You didn't do anything, Frank," he said quietly, avoiding the anguished gaze of the other.

"Well then why are you saying we can't be friends anymore?! If I didn't do anything, why do you want me to leave you alone?! I don't understand..." Frank said, a bit of a whimper in his tone.

He felt as though his entire world was falling apart. Gerard was everything to him, his best friend in the entire world, and here he was telling Frank to leave him alone. That they couldn't be friends anymore.

Frank wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. He hadn't done that in a long time, mainly because instead he'd curl up in Gerard's arms and cry. Which was what he really wanted to do then, too, but that wasn't looking like an option at the moment.

"I just... I just can't do this right now, Frank, I'm sorry. It's not you, I swear. I just need to work shit out and I don't know how long it'll take and I really need space from you while I'm doing it. Like, a lot of space. And, y'know... maybe by the time school starts again in September I'll have sorted myself out. I dunno."

Frank almost broke down and cried at that. It was only early July! Summer without Gee?! TWO MONTHS without Gee?!

And what if in September Gerard said that he'd decided they couldn't be friends anymore, period?

Forever without Gee?

Frank thought he'd probably die.

"But why?" he whispered.

Gerard hesitated. "I really can't tell you," he muttered.

"Oh, come on, Gerard, you've just told me out of nowhere that we can't be friends anymore. You could at least give me a reason!" Frank cried.

Gerard finally met Frank's gaze and before he knew what he was doing he said, "Because you're beautiful and your eyes are the most gorgeous ones I've ever seen and I can't even look at your lips without wanting to kiss you and your smile gives me butterflies and so does your laugh and whenever you touch me, even when you're poking me to try and bug me, it feels like electicity and I'm so scared because I think I'm falling for you and I can't do that because you're my best friend and I can't lose you so I just need a little while to sort it all out so I can be your best friend again properly."

He said it all in one breath and then froze as it hit him that he'd just told Frank that he, Gerard, was in love with him. What the fuck is wrong with you?! he internally screamed at himself. He looked away, not wanting to see Frank's reaction which he was sure would be angry. Or worse, disgusted.

There was a slight shocked pause.

"You know what? I don't think I want you to be my best friend again," said Frank with a sort of finality. "You're right, Gerard, we can't be friends anymore."

Now Gerard was about to cry- the roles had been somewhat reversed. He nodded mutely.

And then, all of a sudden, Frank was right there, his breath ghosting over Gerard's lips, and then he was kissing him softly and Gerard startled slightly, pushed against his chest. Frank pulled away.

"What?" he asked, sounding bemused.

"Just... don't, okay Frank?" Gerard replied, bitter and sad. He took a small step backwards. "Don't... don't do this because you... you pity me or something."

To his shock, Frank rolled his eyes. Although he almost looked... fond. Gerard was baffled. Frank should hate him and not want anything to do with him, and yet he had just kissed him (although probably out of pity) and now he was looking fond.

"You're a dumbass sometimes," Frank said, and yep, he definitely sounded fond. And relieved. "Why would I do that out of pity?"

Gerard blinked at him, blink blink. "What-?"

"You should have just told me, Gee! I mean, well, you just did, but you should have told me before!"

"What difference does it make?" Gerard muttered under his breath. "I lose my best friend either way..."

"Well, if you'd told me before, we could have been spared this whole tearjerker conversation, for one thing," Frank said, smiling slightly. He reached out and gently brushed his thumb over Gerard's cheekbone, cupped his face in his hand. Gerard let him.

"And then I could have told you that I feel the same way without having to go through aforementioned tearjerker conversation," he continued.

Gerard gaped. "Wh-what?" he stammered. "Honestly?"

"Honestly," said Frank, and Gerard knew he was sincere because he knows Frank, and he couldn't stop a huge smile from spreading across his face. Frank leaned forward and kissed him again, and this time Gerard not only let him, but also kissed him back, and Frank made a happy little noise in the back of his throat.

When they pulled apart for air, Gerard couldn't think of anything to say, but he decided maybe nothing needed said. Instead he rested his forehead against Frank's and let himself feel, and a thought drifted into his mind, I could definitely get used to this.

Frank wasn't just his best friend anymore. He was more than that. And Gerard was glad.

Okay, so I literally don't know whether or not this makes any sense, so let me know please! Rate and review, my lovelies? Pretty pretty please with a motherfucking cherry on top?
I already said that, didn't I? Sorry.
~end transmission~
UPDATE (02-24-12): Please let me know what you think of this ending! Either in comparison having read the previous version, or just in general. I hope it's better, but I can't tell. Bluh.
Also, I finally updated Bad News From the Zones, so you can go check that out if you wanna.
~end transmission~
Sign up to rate and review this story