Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Is it Me or Her? (Info and Characters)

Is it Me or Her? (Chapter 2)

by jstar1992 0 reviews

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Edward Elric - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-08-29 - Updated: 2011-08-29 - 741 words

0Unrated
Edward wakes up a few hours later. On a table near his bed, a vase filled with orchids. 'Winry, she c-carried flowers like that at our wedding.' Then the memory comes back.

~Flashback~
'”You look great, brother,” Al tells Ed as he helps fix his brother's tie. “Thanks. But I really can't wait to see Winry walk down the aisle.” Al chuckles at his brother's comment. “She looks fantastic.” “That's for me to decide, little brother.” Both Edward and Alphonse walk out into the chapel as the guests all sit down. Soon, the music starts and Elicia walks down the aisle, scattering flower petals on the ground. Soon after, there comes Winry in her flawless white gown, carrying a bouquet of orchids. Ed can't help it, but inwardly, he smiles. 'Here I am, getting married to the girl of my dreams. What could go wrong?' Soon, she's finally standing next to him, saying their vows and sharing a kiss, finally being pronounced husband and wife.'

~Flashback End~
“That was one of the happiest days of my life. Other than the kids being born.” He whispers quietly. Carefully, he reaches up and touches the bandages wrapped around his forehead. “Ouch,” Ed whimpers. 'Damn this pain! Damn it all to hell!' He looks out the window and sees patients in the garden. They're talking to their nurses and/or their family members. Husbands hug wives; children sit on the laps of their guardians and listen to the stories told by the relatives. Some of the patients are feeble and have to be pushed in wheelchairs; others walk slowly through the garden, clutching poles that contain fluids to help them heal.
“I hope it was yours too.” “Who's?” Ed glances over and sees Jasmine standing in the doorway. “My wife.” “Oh. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have interrupted.” she apologizes. “No, it's okay. Really.” Jasmine sighs inwardly. “How are you feeling? Is the medicine working?” Edward nods. “Yeah. It is. How long am I supposed to be here anyway?” “Hm.. Let me check.” She holds up a clip board and reads over the words. “A couple months, but a year at the most. This all depends on how you heal physically. Then, they want you to stay for a little while longer to get some therapy. We have an office in here that can help you.” “Therapy?” he asks. “This job gets very stressful. Also, they want to teach you on how to deal with survivor's guilt. And that's basically when you lose many loved ones at once and you're the only one to survive. You start feeling like the whole mess was your fault and you make yourself suffer. I've heard of some cases doing self mutilation and suicide, such as cutting their wrists, alcohol and drug abuse, even hanging themselves and overdosing on medicine... Don't get any ideas!”
“Don't worry. I won't.” “Good. I didn't want to deal with losing another patient.” She frowns. “How did you lose a patient?” he asks. “... It's none of your business,” Jasmine snaps. Edward holds up his hands in defense. “Each patient is like a child to me. I want to defend and protect them from anything harmful. You would understand that, right? You do have child- Oh.” Ed looks away from his beautiful doctor. 'Why did she have to go there?' “I'm sorry Ed. I didn't mean to go there. I lost my boyfriend a few years back, so I know what you're going through. He was my only love. But he..” “What?” “Nothing.”
“I'll bring you something to eat. You must be hungry.” She quickly disappears through the door before he has the chance to tell her what he likes and hates. In the hospital cafeteria, Jasmine grabs a tray and orders two sandwiches and two pretzels, a bottle of milk for Ed and apple juice for her, and fruit for both to eat. One reason patients that have her love her- she buys them snacks that other doctor and nurses won't. But after getting the food, she sits down at a table and breaks down. Tears fall down her face like rain. Why? Because Evan had been the sweetest guy alive. When he was sober. 'This is no time to cry. Edward's waiting for his food. Go take it up to him.' Silently, Jasmine carries the tray upstairs to Ed's room, where he sits quietly in thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story