Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Say Goodbye

Don't Say Goodbye

by ierowayfollowill 3 reviews

*Frerard* Gerard is dying. Frank and Mikey are at his bedside praying for a miracle.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2011-08-11 - Updated: 2011-08-11 - 724 words

0Unrated
This isn't a one shot.

I sat on the hospital chair, the fucking lumpiest most uncomfortable thing ever. Mikey sat next to me. We were in the Intensive Care Unit. We sat at the bedside of my partner, Mikeys brothers bed. He was hooked up to a machine, it was keeping him alive.

The car, it came out of no where. I mean it, I tried, oh I tried so fucking hard to push Gerard out of the way. I was too late and I heard the most sickening cracks and crunches as Gerard smashed off the wind screen and went under the car. I ran for him. His body so mangled. His beautiful face all broken and bloody. I reached for his arm, feeling for a pulse. By luck there was, the faintest of pulses but there was still hope.

Me and Mikey had barely moved in the past 37 hours. There had been no improvement.
"Mr Way, Mr Iero." the doctor stated walking into the room.
His face expressionless but his eyes told a different story, sympathy. I knew what he was going to say before he even did. I don't know what I'd do without Gee.

My heart was breaking to pieces, I was breaking to pieces gradually in front of everyone in this hospital. "I'm afraid there is nothing more we can do. We'll have to turn of the machine, if you'd like to say your goodbyes. Once again, I'm so sorry. I'll give you a few minutes."

Me and Mikey broke down. Crying and screaming into each others shoulders.
"Why!? Why my brother!? He did nothing!" Mikey yelled, I couldn't do anything but hug him and cry myself.

"I love him Mikey. I love him so fucking much. We barely got the chance to be together. Do you know how that feels?! To have your soul fucking mate snatched away from you before you've even begun?" I was a mess. Mikey was a mess. I pulled out of the embraced and reached over for Gerards limp hand. I leaned forward.

"Gee, Gerard Arthur Way. You were the only guy for me, the only human being for me. What am I going to do? I love you more than...than words can even describe. Knowing that the soaring feeling I got in my heart everytime you looked at me is never going to happen again... I.. I never thought it would come to this. You don't deserve to die, I wish I could trade places with you. Gee, I love you. A-a-nd goodbye." I finished and fell to the floor in sobs, I could barely breath. I gasping for air, I couldn't fill my lungs up.

Why did this have to happen? Why to Gee? What did he ever do?

Mikey was saying his goodbye and I just couldn't listen to anymore. I zoned completely out, imagining just how shit my life is going to be without Gerard. All the times we shared, all of the amazing moments of my life.

The doctor entered the room and cleared his throat. "I'm afraid it's time."
I looked back up to the hospital bed. My beautiful Gee lay there, he looked so peaceful like he was just sleeping.

His bright red hair looked silky as always, I reached up and stroked his hair, his cheek. I was going to miss waking up to that beautiful face.

The doctor nodded to the nurse, whom had entered the room, I hadn't even noticed her. Her face was full of sadness at what her job involved doing, how she had to be the one to break my heart how she had to do the dirty job. She reached over and flicked the switch.

The life support machine was off.

Gerard was going.

I waiting for the long beep on the heart monitor telling us he was well and truly gone, it never came.
I stared at the screen and to mine and Mikeys utter most surprised the lines got jagged. His heart rate was increasing!

The doctor and the nurse looked at each other, sharing an astonished expression. Me and Mikey however were beaming from ear to ear after registering what this meant. He grabbed me into a hug. This time it was tears of joy and relief leaking from our eyes.

Please R&R :D
Sign up to rate and review this story