Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stepping Onto The Danger Line

Dolce et Tranquillo

by Vengefulscout 1 review

You never know what you could find at a park when writing poetry.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-31 - Updated: 2011-08-31 - 1534 words

0Unrated
(Aria’s P.O.V)
Morning sun streamed through the split in the curtain. I opened my eyes and screwed them up as the bright light blinded me. I am turning into a vampire I thought. I rubbed my eyes and opened them again. The light was brighter than usual and as i got up, i saw the sky was completely clear. Even though it was winter, i threw open the window and breathed in cold, morning air. At least it wouldn’t be as cold as yesterday. Then i remembered the encounter with the 2 boys. “They didn’t seem to be that bad” i said to myself “i thought they would pull out guns and start shooting me” i shuddered “better not think of that”. I went downstairs, made some coffee, toast, sat down at the table, drank all the coffee and began eating. No “good morning sweet heart” or “how did you sleep?” or “did you make your bed? Mum’s not gonna be happy if you don’t”. It was just empty and cold in here without anyone. Then, i saw the clock. OH DARN! (You must remember i am 12 and i don’t swear), i was going to be late for school! I jumped up off the table and knocked the cup over, thank god I drink quickly or that would have been another pointless thing to do on my to-do list, clean up coffee stain on carpet, Fun.
I slammed the door behind me, praying i didn’t break any glass, and ran, full pelt down the street. As i went past the house next to mine, once again, I saw a head peep out of the curtain and draw back quickly as they saw me looking. I was near the gates when
“Gotcha, emo kid!”

I fell, so fast that i didn’t have enough time to gasp or cry out, blood flowed from my left elbow and I looked up at my attacker. I knew by the voice and the sentence that it was Naylor. He was smirking with a satisfied look on his face “hurry up, kid, you’ll be late and you get another detention” I hauled myself up and rolled up my sleeve where i was grazed. It looked bad, there was a lot of blood but i was used to it. When i was younger, i had cut my finger badly on a piece of sharp metal in the garden and before that, i saw my father come home, covered in blood. He had said he had been mobbed and he looked pretty bad. Cuts on his arms, legs, stomach and he had cracked his head. So, yeah, blood for me is normal. I ignored the red stain spreading over my arm and jumper and headed to class, thanking god that i didn’t have English today.

I sat in the art class, sounds of pencil on paper, paint being dipped into water and people talking filling the room up. Maybe that was why it seemed to be warmer in here than the other classes. I took my pencil and continued drawing my scene which was a silvery lake, shimmering fireflies and a bright blue moon. Now all i needed was the swan and the phoenix and it would be done. I was about to start on the wings of the swan, when a shadow fell over the paper. I looked round and recognised the person immediately. Matthew Simons, a tall, black haired boy with greyish eyes was standing behind me, admiring the drawing “that’s so good” he said, in the soft, calm voice. “Thank you Matt” i said and grinned at him. Me and him got on okay. We weren’t the closest of friends, we were more acquaintances. “Can I sit next to you?” he asked. I was taken aback but agreed nether the less. He sat with a sheet of paper which showed, what looked like a murder scene. Two bodies lying in the middle, hand in hand and a woman behind them, screaming in uncontrollable sadness. “i like yours” I said, leaning over to get a better look “ thank you” he said, sweetly “ its based of the musical “Blood Brothers”. It’s about two twins who are separated as babies and they find each other and become friends, then blood brothers. I wont go into complete detail but this” he indicated the drawing “is what happens at the end” I looked into the screaming face and felt my stomach tighten, it looked so real, in fact, too real. The bell went and i handed in my work “very good Aria” said Mr Paige, the art teacher “hope you finish this soon, cant wait to mark it” I smiled “thank you sir” i said and left for my other lesson. The people in the drawing look familiar. I stopped and pondered over what i had just thought. Was it coincidence that one of those brothers looked a little like “dad” i murmured.

The lake was silent and glistened in the dusty moon light. It was about 7pm, but in winter it does get dark quicker, everyone knows that. I sat, under a dead-looking oak tree, its leaves fallen to the ground. The tree seemed to shiver as a cold wind swept up and i pulled my black hoody around me tighter. I stared up at the almost starry sky, thinking of what to write. I had a Parker ink pen in one hand and my poetry pad in the other. Suddenly i had a great idea. I pulled the cap off the pen and wrote:

With every will you write, it makes your sin alright
Every person you kiss, you make a death wish

Night brings out the real you, only I know it’s true
Elegant gentlemen end their days, 6 feet under tiny graves
Even the songwriter, needs to change his verse, before he is put in the hearse
Dreadful days of these you’ll find, we need to be cruel to be kind

The children together play, before the sunset ends their day
Or the rhymes that are not told, will never grow old

Be who you are, then time wont go afar
Every day should be happy and you’ll find, we need to be cruel to be kind.

Cut her loose from me, then I will be finally free
Running to keep up with me is pointless; I don’t want you making my life a mess
Unnecessary words which I know aren’t true; I just want to hide myself from you
Every corner I turn or when I speak to a friend, you don’t want the friendship to end
Lies that are seeped in black, honesty is what you lack

Together with my other friends, who speak the truth; will stay happy in heart and youth
Our friendship is safe and it never dies, because unlike you, they don’t live by lies

But, you don’t give in and my secret you told, he knows now and my heart is cold
Every word you said I can’t trust the sound; I’m leaving to find solid ground

Kills me inside the feeling I hid, now he sees me as a lowly kid
I want to scream and tell him the story, before my world crashes around me
Now I walk to his side this very day, and tell him the words I wanted to say
Dolce et tranquillo, we need to be cruel to be kind.


I finished the last line and read it over, smiling. I had based this on a past event. When i started school, there was a girl who was a year above me and we became friends. Then, i found out she spoke many lies to other people, about her life and about me. She had said i was a liar, two faced, spreader rumours and desperate. Thanks to the help from Amber, Chiara, Hala and so many other people, I had pulled through and we are now almost enemies. Thank god she left the school or I would seriously have been scared every time I turned a corner. I was taken out of my thoughts by scuffling sounds nearby. I froze as i heard swearing and small cries. Don’t let your curiosity get the better of you. Remember the last time it did. But, someone could be in trouble and i had a phone, so i could call the police if it was serious stuff. I jumped up and quickly tip- toed across the ground, trying to make as little sound as i could. I suddenly stopped behind an evergreen tree and spotted the commotion. A man was on his knees and was surrounded by men, 5 men. Oh god! I nearly screamed out loud. It was Mr Naylor being surrounded by the boys next door!

What happens next? Will Aria find out what the boys are doing or will she end up in worse situations? Teehee, love cliff-hangers Ok, im sorry for lack of updates but if you read my other story "The Boy With The Raven Black Hair" i have explained why :)
Sign up to rate and review this story