Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day the Sky Turned Black

Well He's Dead

by StaticDetenator 1 review

Allison's POV

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-21 - Updated: 2011-09-22 - 809 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sunday. The sky is still the same dusty gray color it has been for the past two days. I’m beginning to wonder if maybe the sun has just completely forgotten about New Jersey. It’s a possibility.

Bumming it in jeans and one of Gerard’s jackets I curl up on my couch with a bottle of gin and coffee; gin to numb the pain that seems to be ever present in my heart and the coffee to counter the taste of the alcohol.

As the first scenes of Disney’s Dinatopia flash across the screen I break the seal on the gin bottle and press it to my lips, letting the liquid burn my throat. This is chase down by coffee. Of course, it seems a bit pathetic but everyone has their own methods of coping with pain. This happens to be mine. Sure, I’ve got those anti-depressants but anymore they don’t seem to work very well.

I want to call Gee and have him come here and curl up with me. He’d take the bottle away and dump its contents down the drain, telling me I’m better than that. Then again, when Gerard is around I don’t feel the pain so much. Too bad he’s off with Matt and Ray working on perfecting the three other songs we all hope to get finished by the end of the month.

Turning my attention back to the movie I watch as a dinosaur crashes through the town, causing people to go running. I’m about halfway through my bottle of gin and the movie isn’t even an hour in, maybe I should have picked up two bottles.

Just as I go to take a sip of coffee the bell sounds, letting me know someone is at the door. Who the hell is visiting me, and on a Sunday of all days?

Allison’s POV

From my spot on the front porch I can hear movement coming from inside, it almost sounds like some kind of bottle as hit the floor. What the hell is going on in there? Ringing the bell again I begin to grow impatient. There is no way Molly is going to pretend she isn’t at home.

As I reach for the key that is always hidden in the hanging basket, Molly pulls open the door. She looks terrible. Her normally well taken care of black hair is everywhere, bags are starting to form under her eyes and she looks way to pale to be feeling well.

“Hey Allison,” Molly giggles, moving out of my way so I am able to step into her house.

It smells like cookies and coffee but there is something else that hangs in the air today. I’ve never noticed it.

Molly stumbles back towards the living room, avoiding a wet patch on the carpet; she looks like she’s on something. I’ve only ever seen my best friend act this way once before, it wasn’t a good time for either of us.

“Mo, are you drunk?” I ask timidly, not wanting to set her off. Molly is usually a happy drunk but I’m not sure how much she’s consumed and with what.

“No,” she giggles, “Where Gerard?”

“I don’t know. You’re drunk Molly. Joey wouldn’t be happy with you,” I say reaching out and trying to take it between mine.

Instead she pulls it away, rage filling her eyes, “Huh, well I don’t really think it matters because incase you haven’t noticed Joey’s dead.”

Closing my eyes I force myself not to yell back at her. Molly doesn’t act like this. How the hell am I supposed to help her if all she does is snap at me? I’ve know Mo since fifth grade, we share everything with each other. I don’t want to see her get hurt.

“I know, I’m sorry I brought him up,” I whisper, motioning for my drunken friend to sit back down, not wanting her to tip over.

Molly burst out in tears; her tiny frame hunched over, shoulders. My strong, confident friend is broken to a point of self destruction. It brings tears to my eyes but I force myself not to cry…it won’t help the situation. Right now Molly needs someone strong.

“Molly lets just finish the movie alright?” I offer, playing whatever movie she’s got playing.

After about an hour Molly falls asleep, curled up in a ball on the couch. Getting up I clean up the mess she made, dumping the rest of the alcohol she has set out on the counter down the drain before leaving. She’ll be alright.

Author's Note: Sorry it's short there will be a longer chapter up soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story