Categories > Original > Romance > I Always Knew I Was Different

I Always Knew I Was Different

by im_a_fanpire14 0 reviews

My name is Addison Walker. Meet my brother, Adrian Walker.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-06-24 - Updated: 2011-07-08 - 1729 words

1Exciting
Addison

"Happy Birthday, Addie!" my friends all shout together. Everyone is smiling at me from around the table. Brady--my dearest friend and wonderful fashion coach--is standing behind me with his arms around my shoulders whispering in my ear to make a wish. I grin and close my eyes. I think of all the things I have and the few things I want. I don’t really want anything, I have everything I need right here. I have Brady’s arms around me and my friends all around me. I blow out the candles without wishing for anything. Everyone cheers and claps. Brady kisses me on the cheek and laughs.

“So, Addie, how does it feel to be a whole year older?” Brady asks me as he turns me to face him. His golden-brown eyes glint playfully. “You don’t look any different,” he laughs.

I swat him playfully on the arm. “But hey, I can get into R-rated movies now though, so that’s a plus,” I say and smile.

“Good, now I won’t have to sneak you in anymore,” Brady whispers.

“Shh!” I said with a warning glance at my mom, who was standing near us cutting the cake. “She doesn’t know that we went to see Bridesmaids last weekend instead of Cars 2!” I whisper as I pull him away from the table into a corner.

Brady chuckles and says, “Oh, I’m sure Bridesmaids wasn’t that much worse than Cars 2.”

I shake my head at him and laugh. “You’re a terrible influence,” I say jokingly.

“Yes, but you love me anyway,” he replies and wraps his arms around my waist.

“Oh, but of course,” I say and grin, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He leans in to kiss my cheek and lingers there, whispering in my ear, “So are you ready for the after party?”

I pull away, surprised. He winks at me and smirks mischievously. “I wasn’t aware that there was an after party,” I say, quirking my eyebrow at him.

“It’s at my place,” he said. “And don’t worry about getting into trouble,” he continues, seeing the look of suspicion on my face. “There will be adults present,” he grins and winks.

“You know, just because you’re 19 doesn’t really mean you qualify as an adult,” I say.

“Pish posh! Don’t worry about it! I promise there won’t be any alcohol or drugs involved,” he says with sincerity. “Scout’s honor,” he holds up two fingers in a mock salute.









Brady is a good for nothing liar. No alcohol my ass. Within an hour everyone is plastered, including Brady. About the time Brady takes off his shirt and starts swinging it around his head is when I make my escape.

I rush out of the main room into the laundry room that is, thankfully, empty. I breathe a sigh of relief and lean up against the wall by the door. “I swear I’m going to kill that boy someday,” I say to myself.

The door suddenly bursts open and Brady saunters in. “Well, well, well, what have we here? A pretty lady all by herself? Tsk tsk, this simply won’t do,” he says in a drawling voice with a smirk on his face. “I guess I’ll have to fix this.” He winks and sweeps me into his arms and starts to dance a little unsteadily.

I laugh, all of my anger towards him gone as quickly as it had come. “You’re crazy when you’re drunk,” I say, taking in the fact that his shirt is nowhere to be found. His lightly tanned torso shines a silvery brown in the moonlight streaming through the only window in the room.

“Correction: I’m sexy when I’m drunk,” Brady says with a proud air about him.

“Oh, Brady, you’re sexy all the time,” I say without really thinking.

“Me? Sexy? No I think you are the one who is sexy in this relationship,” he states, laughing.

“Ha! What are you talking about? I have way too many freckles and a serious baby-face,” I reply with a giggle. It’s amazing how quickly he can make me happy.

“I think your freckles are cute and you’re actually starting to look your age,” Brady says softly. He pulls me closer, still dancing. I rest my head in the hollow below his shoulder, listening to his heart beat steadily in his chest. His bare skin is warm against my cheek. Then he starts to hum and the vibrations make my teeth chatter. I laugh and pull back slightly, looking into his slightly glazed eyes.

He leans in and brushes his lips against mine. So softly I barely even feel them before he pulls away. I stare at him, wide-eyed. Completely baffled. Did he just do that? But wait, I thought that he was….but surely he is! I mean he’s told me before that he’s….and I mean the boy randomly takes pictures in wigs and skirts, I mean no guy who does that likes…..oh my God….my gay best friend just kissed me….under the influence of alcohol, okay I got it now. Phew. For a second there I really thought that he was—

I don’t get to finish my train of thought. Brady takes my face in his hands, firmly but gently, and presses his lips to mine. Something in me snaps and I kiss him back eagerly, twining my fingers in his hair. He responds instantly, backing me up against the wall. The light switch digs into my back but I don’t care because his mouth has moved to my neck. He parts his lips, lightly licking and biting the sensitive flesh of my throat. Barely concealed moans escape my lips. God, he’s good at this. I close my eyes and bite my lip as his teeth graze my ear. My breath is coming in short quick gasps. Brady’s whispering something in my ear but I can’t even hear what he’s saying. I’m paying more attention to what he’s doing with his tongue to my ear that’s driving me crazy.

“Please,” I plead, not even sure what I’m pleading for, but Brady seems to understand. He lifts me up and wraps my legs around him. He presses me closer to the wall and runs his hand down my leg and then back up. I shiver and he brings his lips back to mine. He kisses me fiercely and licks my bottom lip, begging to be let in. I oblige, parting my lips to allow him to deepen the kiss. He runs his hand along the inside of my thigh, over my jeans, but it’s still enough to make me gasp and moan.

I’ve never been kissed like this before. All of my previous experiences involved a massive tongue being completely shoved down my throat and just sitting there. Gag. But Brady, oh Brady. He certainly knows what he’s doing. He gently massages my tongue with his own, eliciting several pleased noises from me. He tastes spicy and sweet, like vanilla and honey. It’s amazing.

But wait, this is Brady. My sweet, lovable, funny, and gay best friend. I shouldn’t be doing this. He wouldn’t want this if he were sober.

Oh, but I want this so bad!

But he wouldn’t if he weren't completely hammered. He’s your best friend. This is like taking advantage of him in his drunken state.

Hey we’re just having a bit of fun. There is NO harm in fun.

Addie, think about it, Brady likes men. You are in fact a female. This is just the alcohol acting through him.

I don’t give a damn if it is just the alcohol! I need him now, so just shut up, noble voice in my head! No one gives a shit what you think!

And with that I put a mental clamp on the nobler (and probably smarter) part of my brain. I wrap my legs around him tighter, pulling him closer against me. Involuntarily, I grind my hips against his. He moans against my lips. I run my hands down his chest and stop once my fingers graze the waistband of his jeans. His skin trembles beneath my touch. Now he is the one pleading.

“Please, Addie,” he breathes, his voice husky with desire. “Please…”

My trembling fingers unbutton and unzip his jeans quickly enough. He stops me for a second to kiss my neck and ear once more. He reaches for the hem of my shirt and pulls it in one fluid motion over my head. He tosses it to the floor and looks at me for a moment. Then he leans in and kisses the hollow beneath my collarbone. My head falls back and my eyes squeeze shut. My whole body is on fire from his touch. He runs his hands over my ribs and they come to rest on my hips. Brady leans down and presses his lips just above my breast. Oh God.

I look down at him and he looks up at me with a mischievous grin. I watch in amazement as he slowly leans back down and softly nips the skin at the top of my breast with his teeth. Oh my God, now he’s just teasing me.

“Brady,” I groan, my back arching off the wall. “Please, you’re driving me crazy.”

He looks up at me and smiles, his eyes glinting. I arch my head back as he goes back to kissing my extremely sensitive skin.

Oh my God. This is—this is amazing! Oh. Brady. Oh my God, what he’s doing with his tongue…oh…

Then suddenly Brady stops and half sets, half drops me on the floor. “Addie, I don’t feel so good,” he says, his face still flushed but now slightly green. And then he turns around and throws up in the laundry basket. He collapses on the ground with an oomph and lies there while I sit on the cold tile, staring in amazement.

What the hell just happened?

I know what the hell just happened. I almost just lost my virginity to my gay best friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story