Categories > Original > Romance > I Always Knew I Was Different

Chapter 1

by im_a_fanpire14 1 review

*A little strong language but nothing too bad

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-09-23 - Updated: 2011-09-24 - 426 words

0Unrated
Addison



Oh sweet, holy Jesus. I stare in shock at Brady's limp body on the floor.

What the fuck just happened?

I kneel down and swipe my shirt off the floor, thankful that he didn't vomit on it. I slide it over my head and crouch beside Brady. I push his slightly damp hair back from his flushed face. He's out cold. This is just fantastic!

"Brady..." I whisper loudly while I poke his cheek gently. He groans and mumbles unintelligibly and turns his head the other way. "Brady, you need to get to your bed," I say as loudly as I dare.

"Okay..." he grumbles under his breath and makes a feeble attempt to stand up.

"Here, let me help you," I say with a stifled giggle. I reach down with my hand and he grabs on and I clumsily help him to his feet. I drape his arm around my neck and lead him out of the laundry room into the now empty kitchen.

"Addie...my stomach hurts..." Brady says with a whimper.

"Then you shouldn't have drank so much, silly. This always happens when you drink. When will you learn?" I say in a motherly tone.

"Never," he says weakly, his letters slurring together.

I grin and walk with him down the hall to his bedroom. I flick on the switch in his room and Brady flinches away from the sudden amount of light. He groans and starts to complain but I silence him by flopping him onto the bed and pulling the covers up around him. I lean down and kiss his forehead. "Goodnight, Brady, have a nice hangover tomorrow," I say and stroke his cheek with my hand. I turn to go but he grabs my hand and pulls me back.

"Stay, Addie...just stay," he says, half-asleep, his eyelids drooping.

I bite my lip. He's not going to remember any of this tomorrow...I mean that was some pretty hardcore stuff that went on...I guess it was just one of those alcohol-influenced things so that doesn't mean that our friendship should be any different...I've stayed the night at his place before haven't I? So what's the big deal? I send a quick text to my mom saying that I'm staying at Brady's and then I climb into bed next to him. His arm instantly comes around my waist and his fingers lace with mine. He leans up and kisses my cheek drowsily. "Goodnight, Addie," Brady says with a sigh.

I smile and squeeze his fingers gently. "Goodnight, Brady."
Sign up to rate and review this story