Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's A Family Thing

Chapter 9: Walk, walk fashion baby...

by ANeverEndingStory 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-29 - Updated: 2011-09-29 - 1937 words

0Unrated
Hey everybody! I’m sorry for not updating earlier, but I had and still have a lot of stuff to do and simply didn’t find the time to write down the whole story that still is in my head.  Here’s an update, not as long as usual – kind of a filler since I didn’t have much time to write it down properly, but hey it’s still an update. Better than nothing, right? Hope you read and like! Rate and review would be awesome!


They were sitting at the bar of the hotel they all were staying in. The awkward silence between them was so thick you could almost cut it into pieces with a knife. Rage had started talking to Gerard again a few days ago, but their relationship wasn’t the same it was before Gerard had confronted her about her “behaviour”. Now, in a weird way it was like they didn’t know each other all their life, but were on their first date. Still figuring out how the other one worked. And maybe, in a way, it was also true since a lot had changed. People had changed. Situations had changed. And most of all things needed to change…
And so they all sat there, sipping on their drinks, small talking. Gerard eventually left for a few minutes to talk to his wife on the phone. The situation between the 3 of them was tense. Mikey was quite a bit worried that their current “problems” would shine through tomorrow while shooting.

They were waiting for their manager to give them a few details about tomorrow’s shooting for Vogue. He was late. When he finally joined them, you could literally hear a small relieved sigh from all their mouths, thankful for that awkward silence to be over and to just listen to what their manager had to tell them about the schedule for the next day. Getting up at 5:00, being driven to the location of the shoot 5:30 and then shooting all day until they were finished.

When they parted ways on that night of september 2011 every single one of them was glad to have some time alone. Without siblings.

Gerard had decide to go for a walk through NYC, smoking a cigarette thinking about the shooting tomorrow and about the talk Mikey and him had planned afterwards. He inhaled the smoke sharply, embracing the calming effect it had on his nerves. He wandered around without a special destination in my mind. He just walked a few blocks and back. When he finally went to his hotel room just minutes after midnight, he fell asleep almost immediately.
Mikey went to his room right after their meeting was done and spent the time before falling asleep talking to Alicia on the phone. He wished he could have talked with Alicia about his and Gerard’s worries about Rage, but him and Gerard had decided that they’d keep it to themselves for now. If their talk tomorrow would fail they would tell the others, because they al did deserve to know.
And then there was Rage. I guess all of you can imagine what she did after they parted ways and she went to her hotel room… Yes, you are right. It involved pills and a certain white powder, but maybe it should also be noted that it involved standing in front of the mirror, a lot of tears, a hot bath, more tears and then finally passing out on her bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning started too early for all of them. They all hid the shadows under their eyes under their sunglasses. All dressed in plain jeans and t-shirt they arrived at the location the shooting would take place. As far as they could tell it would be in some kind of loft. They all were equally excited and nervous about it and so this feeling they all shared made them get along quite well that day. Their struggles and fights were forgotten for the time of the shooting and no one in the team: be it the stylists, the journalists or the photographer recognized any kind of “problems between Rage, Gerard and Mikey. In fact the 3 of them were pleasantly surprised themselves how they had a great time together. It felt like old times. It was just once that Gerard thought about Rage in a worrying way and that was when she changed into the clothes for the first of the 3 looks they were about to shoot. She looked fragile. She’s always been a small and petite girl, but now she just somehow looked… lost.

As hesitant as they may have first been, when they heard that Vogue wanted to shoot them, as happy they were now. The shoot would be fun, Vogue had really taken time to listen to their music, read the concepts and so decided to make this a colourful editorial. The shoot had kind of a feeling of “The morning after the party!”, “Marie Antoinette!” and “Just a normal family”. What tat means? Well… the first look was shot on a sofa in front of a tv. Gerard and Mikey wore suits but no shoes. They were both wearing bright coloured socks that really popped. Their hair was messy and on their suits there was tons of confetti and glitter – since the stylists had made it rain on a ll 3 of them. They needed to look like they just got home from a wild party. Rage was sitting in the middle. She wore a long glittery dress but you could see her wearing an old pair of converse. They were captured playing some Mario Kart Game, messing around with each other. When they got to see some of the pics afterwards they were ecstatic. Those pics were more than awesome. Really bright and colourful and crazy. Just: perfect. The two other looks were shot in the kitchen and on the roof with NYC skyline in the background.

When they were done shooting in the evening and already on their way back to the hotel, everyone was all smiles. They were ecstatic and happy for those shots would def make an impact. Gerard was a bit sad that the rest of the night probably wouldn’t be as carefree and fun as this shooting, but they had no other choice. Something had to change. Rage had to change. For her own good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had invited Rage over to Mikey’s hotel room for - as they said - “a small party to celebrate the Vogue shooting”. Of course what lay ahead of them was far from being a party. In fact it was more like an intervention. Of course Rage did not thin about that option. Otherwise she’d never said yes to celebrate with them. And so she snorted two lines before heading over, not knowing that this would be far less fun than she had expected.

When she knocked on the door and saw Mikey’s face she already knew something was up, but in her cloudy mind she couldn’t figure out what it was until she saw Gerard sitting in the sofa gesturing her to sit down as well.

“No…” she stuttered. “Are you kidding me? This… Not again.” She rolled her eyes.
“We need to talk to you, Rage!” Mikey said while sitting down on the chair next to Rage.
Rage was already getting impatient. This was bullshit. What the fuck did they want from her. She was alright. She scratched her nose only find out that she was bleeding. She stared down on her hands. Fuck!
“See, that’s what we need to talk about!” Gerard said calm pointing at her nose.
“What?” she said as innocent as possible. “I have no idea what you are talking about.” She didn’t look on their eyes, obvious she knew damn well what they were talk about.”
“Don’t play dumb”, Mikey said, “you know damn well. Gerard told me about the talk he had with you, about your little love story with the white powder in your backpocket.”
Rage slowly but steady started fuming. Couldn’t they just leave her alone? She was 27 for gods sake. She could do what she wants. The bleeding from her nose still hadn’t stopped. Both of her hands were red by now. She just wanted to get away from them. When Mikey looked at her and how she looked so lost and high and her hands filled with blood, he couldn’t take it any longer. He and Gerard wanted to do this calm, but he wasn’t able to stay calm any longer.
“WTF are you doing?” Mikey shouted in disbelief. “I promised mom and dad to look after you.”
Gerard tried to step in now and said in a calm tone: “Rage you need help. Look at you!”
“Nice.” Rage smiled a bitter and fake smile. “What the fuck do you want? I didn’t ask for any of your help. I don’t need help. I’m fine.” She said through gritted teeth.
“No you’re not. And everyone can see it. So please…” Gerard said.
“Just let us help you…”
He couldn’t end the sentence because all of a sudden Rage turned into RAGE. He had never seen her that angry before.
“Maybe you should get down from the high horse you sit on. Both of you. You’re not any better…”
“Yeah…” Gerard managed to say until Rage continue shouting:
“Did I have a go at you when you were passed out in my room a few years back, throwing up on my pillow? Did I have a go at you, because 7 years ago you were all fucked up on alcohol and drugs, when you came home after the first Warped Tour? Was I judging you? No, I wasn’t, so back the fuck off, okay?! I’m fine. And just because you had a problem with all this stuff it doesn’t mean I have problems with it. Maybe you just feel the itch to party again, huh?”
‘But I… we…” he looked at Mikey pleadingly, “We just want to help. We both had our struggles, we can relate, we can help. We’re not judging you..” Gerard said as calm as he could.
‘You know what BIG BROTHER, I don’t need any of your help. I’m fine! You want me to spell it out for you: I’M FINE! So stop giving me those looks!” she yelled, tears of anger – or was it because of something else as well..? - streaming down her face. She grabbed her jacket about to walk out on this situation, out of this hotel room.
Mikey grabbed her arm, to hold her back, but Rage didn’t stop, she turned around to shoot him a look to kill and shouted “Fuck you, Mikey! And you too, Gerard. Leave me the fuck alone!”

And with that she took off, out of the hotel room, out of the hotel with a bleeding nose and hands stained red. Mikey and Gerard went after her. Rage was fuming, everything around her was spinning. She turned around to see her brothers have followed her out on the street. It was almost midnight.
She just wanted to get away. She turned around and ran, onto the street. And the last thing she heard before blackness surrounded her were Gerard’s and Mikey’s desperate and alarmed voices screaming: “Rage, watch out, there’s….”

So, what do you think? It only gets darker I know…
Sign up to rate and review this story