Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's A Family Thing

Chapter 8: You gotta get high before you taste the lows…

by ANeverEndingStory 1 review

She really wasn't in the mood for fighting right now. She hadn't had time for a line before the meeting, and she could already feel withdrawal symptoms creeping up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-21 - Updated: 2011-09-21 - 1841 words

0Unrated
Okay, here's a new update. I hope you like it! R&R please! :)

When Rage woke up the next morning there was some indefinable sticky white mass clinging onto her forehead. It was in her hair as well. When she touched it she remembered what it was. Cream. Cake. And then slowly there were other memories seeping into her consciousness: Her birthday. The cakefight. The party on the bus. And: going to sleep without showering before. The pounding headache told her she’s had one hell of a birthday party. She smiled weakly and sat up slowly to take a look at the clock. It was 11:30. Fuck! She overslept, that’s why the whole bus was so silent.
Everybody else was already up and running. She didn’t seem to have missed any appointments yet though, otherwise someone would have been here already and had woken her up. They probably thought she deserved some sleep after her birthday party. How true that was. She needed it. Quite badly.
She yawned and crawled out of her bunk. She now saw that she was still wearing the clothes she wore yesterday and that she was not only covered in cake but glitter and sweat as well. Yesterday this seemed far more fun than this morning. She groaned as the headache got worse. It was time to wash off the party.

And so she made for the showers. Grabbing some fresh clothes, towel, soap and her make up purse as well. On her way to the bus bathroom – on that 12 steps you needed to make to get there from the bunks area – her view went black twice.
“Ugh, shit…” she whispered, closed her eyes and leant against the bathroom door. When she opened her eyes again, she saw the note hanging at the door.

“Hey Rage, please be at the catering area at 11:45. I have news. Very important and very exiting news.” –David.


Fuck! That was in like 10 minutes. She had to hurry up. Cursing, her head pounding, she hopped into the shower and peeled off all the glitter and cake. When she was already dressed in an oversized t-shirt, a leggings and a pair of boots and was about to snort a line, there was a banging on the bathroom door. For a minute she panicked, worrying she might have forgotten to lock the door. She really wanted that line. She really needed that line, otherwise…
but the knocking got louder. Then she heard the voice of their manager yelling:
“Rage are you in there?”
“Shit”, she whispered through gritted teeth and fumbled the coke back into her purse. That unfortunately had to wait…
“I'm coming.”
She checked herself one last time in the mirror, put sunglasses on and popped an aspirin before leaving the bathroom.
“Okay, I'm ready!”, she faked a smile.
“Finally, we’ve been waiting for you, come on…”

---------------------------------------------------------------

“What is this meeting about?” Rage asked David while following him to a table where her brothers were sitting already - in a weird way it reminded her of an intervention… her heart began racing - fuck do they know…?
“Just sit down.” He said feeding into Rages paranoia.
“Come on now, what is this about? Hey Mikey, hey Gerard! Where’s the rest?”

Gerard took in the picture of their younger sister. Her hair still wet and Rage’s new favourite accessory on her nose: sunglasses. I know what you’re hiding underneath those, little sister, he thought. She looked pale and jumpy and a bit... off…

“Okay, are you guys prepared for what I’m going to tell you now?” David said looking around.
Mikey, Gerard and Rage looked at him like: Yeah WTF… Go ahead finally! Really, if you could have seen them you would have known that they looked exactly alike in that moment in time. You could really see that they were brothers and sister.
“Shoot!, said Gerard.
“Yeah, go ahead man,” Mikey added.
And while fighting the itch to scratch her arms open Rage shot: “Yes, damn what you’re waiting for…?”

“Okay, I will tell you guys, you won’t believe this… But it’s kinda awesome. Okay, now listen: Vogue called.” Rage sat up straight when she heard that. Now she was awake for sure. “And… they want to shoot you guys.”

“Wait… what?” Gerard asked a little surprised.
“They want to shoot you. You, Mikey and Rage. In some kind of editorial. Some category they do with siblings. A family thing.” he smiled.
“Isn’t that awesome?!”

Rage, Mikey and Gerard looked at each other in confusion. "Why... Why us?" they asked almost nsync.
"I have no idea, maybe because you're a bunch of good looking successful people? Maybe?!" he added and laughed. "You guys should be excited... Or do you not want to do that?"
"Are you fucking kidding me?" Rage said "Of course we're going to do this. Aren't we?" she looked at Mikey and Gerard.
"Sure!" they replied.
“When do they want to do it?” Gerard asked.
“Well, they want to shoot you in 2 weeks, when we’re in New York and we have those 5 days off before we’re going into the last leg of the tour.”
“Wow… I actually can’t believe this is happening.” Rage said and shook her head and laughed. “That’s crazy! I'm excited.”
"Well you all should be, because that will make a major buzz. I'll keep you updated on the deets. I actually have to get going now. But hey: Congratualtions!" and with that David stood up and went back to his moving bureau.


"Can you believe it, this is fucking nuts." Rage exclaimed and smiled at their brothers.
"Yeah, it... it totally is." Gerard added and decided in the back of his mind that now might be the best moment to talk to Rage.
"Wow, it's really a big deal, isn't it?" Mikey asked.
"Oh yeah!" Rage replied to him smiling.
"I need to tell this Alicia." and with that he stood up and started dialing, walking away. Gerard would've loved to have Mikey by his side for this talk, but then again, he hadn't told him, so maybe he should do that first and then, but then...

Rage was about to stnd up and leave as well. He grabbed her arm and gestured her to sit back down.
"What is it?" she asked.
"Just a minute. I need to talk to you..."
Have you noticed that when someone says we need to talk it's never a good thing? That was what Rage was thinking as well. She sighed and sat back down.
"So?"
Rage took a cigarette out of Gerard's cigarette pack that lay on the table and lid it up. She inhaled sharply. Damn that felt good, not as good as you know what, but still kinda nice. She tried real hard to get her mind off of this line that she didn't do this morning.

"Since when do you smoke?" he asked, not in an accusing kind of way though, more like surprised. Rage probably would have understood it if her mind wasn't busy thinking about something else... However no she just snapped:
"Since when is it your business?" When she saw how her words seemed to affect him, she said: "Sorry, I didn't mean it that way... I'm just... Ugh." She was scratching her nose. "...you know not feeling to well.."
She grabbed the glass of water standing on the table to take a sip, slightly shaking.
"Hungover?" he asked.
Rage's mouth tensed.
"What?"
"You know it's not the first time you acted like... Strange..."
"Huh? WTF are you talking about?" Rage said a little louder and def a bit pissed off now.
"Come on, you know what I mean.... The drinking. The drinking and..." Damn this wasn't going too well, he could feel it, maybe he should have told Mikey before and then they could have done this together. He really wished he was by his side right now.
"And... What? What the hell do you want? What the fuck are you talking about."
"Come on Rage you know what I'm talking about. I saw you doing it. The..."
"See me doing WHAT?" she said through gritted teeth. "I think you might have confused something BIG BROTHER..."
"The coke."
"What? WHAT? Are you fucking kidding me!" she stood up.
She was furious her brother accused her of having a problem. Even though deep down she knew there probably was some truth to what he said.
"No need to be upset, were just worried. We want to help you..." he said pleadingly, hoping this would take a different turn... But it wasn't.
"Well now it's we're? Who else have you told that bullshit about me?"
"Listen Rage, I just want the best for you..."
"You know what? I'm fine, okay?! I'm... FINE."

She really wasn't in the best state for fighting right now. She hadn't had time for a line before the meeting, and she could feel withdrawal symptoms creeping up. It was like a million bugs were crawling underneath her skin. She was fighting the urge to scratch just to give him another thing to pick on. She didn't realize it was caring and genuine worry about her and not accusing or judging her.
"Come on Rage please..." he said one more time.
"No, you know what Gerard: FUCK YOU! I'm over this shit." And with that she turned around and left. Leaving behind a Gerard even more worried then he was before. She was far worse than he had thought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rage hadn't talked to Gerard in over a week. She felt his eyes on her every day, Mikey's now as well (Because Gerard had told him. Finally. It turned out Mikey had similar suspicions but didn't want to worry Gerard just like he didn't want to worry Mikey the other way round. Rage of course didn't know that. But it pissed her off no matter what. She eventually started talking to Gerard again, when the Vogue thing was right around the corner and they had to talk about some stuff for the shooting.

All the shows had been going great. Nobody in the audience noticed how Rage was on a downward spiral. All except her brother, who watched her grow frailer day to day. They decided to talk to Rage one more time the night after the shooting for Vogue. They'd be staying in the same hotel for 3 days before they'd play the show in New York to kick off the last leg of the tour. They'd have her sit down and talk with them. Calm and caring. Without trouble. At least that has been their plan...


That's it! Hope you like it!!! I know it's kind of a bit gloomy and depressing. But in a way I like those kinds of stories. I don't know. Let me know how Im doing with this and I might be updating sooner than later. And thank you all so much for reading this story!
Sign up to rate and review this story