Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day the Sky Turned Black

Everything

by StaticDetenator 0 reviews

Mikey's POV Molly's POV

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-01 - Updated: 2011-10-01 - 859 words - Complete

0Unrated
Our first show; God that sounds so weird. After about a week of advertising through posters and the internet it’s finally here. All of us scared out of our minds the bar and the beers backstage were very inviting. If all of us remember the songs through our drunken haze it’ll be a miracle. Frank wrote some stupid song called Lloyd Dobbler and dedicated it to Molly. Gerard is pissed.

Holding my bass close to my chest I try and clam myself down. All these people are here to see us until we suck and then we’ll be the laughing stock of Jersey. We’re not really ready for this, but I guess there is no turning back.

Molly, the only sober one, runs out on stage, holding the microphone, “Alright, so the guys that are about to come on are from Belleville New Jersey. Give it up for My Chemical Romance!”

The five of us hurry on stage, Gerard kissing Molly’s cheek as she goes to stand side stage. We’d finished a total of ten songs in a little less than a month. This is what we need.

“So this song is called honey, this mirror isn’t big enough for the both of us,” Gerard slurs as we start playing.

That song fades into Skylines and Turnstiles, followed by the song that has been passed around on the internet, Vampires will never hurt you. By our last song, early sunsets over Monroeville, Gerard is gasping for breath.

“We are My Chemical Romance from Belleville and this last song was written by my girlfriend so she’s gonna come out and play it,” Gerard says stumbling over to Molly who takes Frank’s guitar form him.

As she beings to play the first few notes of ‘Romance’ a guitar piece she wrote out of the blue we walk off stage, the crowd cheering and clapping. Molly finishes and follows us, laughing.

I can’t believe we did it. Our first show and the crowd actually liked us. This is amazing. I’d had a feeling the band would be big but never did I think it’d be like this. A little man with black hair comes over to Molly and Gerard the three of them talking for almost an hour. In the end I can tell something good has happened. People don’t walk around with dopey smiles unless good things have happened.

As Rose starts to talk Molly hurries over to me, hugs me and kisses me cheek, “Mikey, we have a place to play, Mikes, we’re signed.”

The entire world stops. We don’t have to play in Matt’s attic anymore. We’re going to have a real studio with those fancy sound boards that Molly always talks about getting. That’s when it all hit me. We are a band.

Molly’s POV

I lost my virginity to Gerard that night in the back of my car which has been fixed just three days ago. I don’t remember much of it because I got drunk after the show but I do know we had sex.

The next morning I popped two anti-depressants and went to meet Frank at the Eyeball Records Studio. I didn’t tell him anything. We walked around, saw the area My Chemical Romance would be recording in and then had lunch.

It was over a shared dish of pasta that I told him I wished I could take it back. I wanted my first time to be special but I’d lost that chance. Frank understood completely.

The rest of my day is spent sitting on the back of my chair, head leaning against the window watching the rain as I slowly down a bottle of Jack Daniels. Nothing mattered.

Am I scared of the band getting big and leaving me behind, of course…they won’t need me after they get a professional to mix music. I’ll go back to illustrating children’s books while trying to make it in the comic book industry. I’m not looking forward to any of it.

The ringing of my phone pulls me from my depressing thoughts. Putting my bottle on the ground and reaching towards the table. It’s a number I’m only too familiar with.

“Hey Gee,” I mumble, worried about what he might say. I don’t think I’d be able to take the news that they don’t need me anymore.

“Hey baby, apparently they want to give us a sound technician but I told them I already knew someone…that is if she’s willing to help out,” Gerard answers.

“Are you talking about me?” I question trying not to get my hopes up.

“Of course, silly. Will you be My Chemical Romance’s sound tech?”

I laugh, completely shocked that they didn’t just take the professional, “Of course. Yes, I’ll do it.”

“I love you Molly,” Gerard says, laughing on his end of the phone as well. “We’ll need you tonight at seven.”

“I love you too Gee…I love you too.”

Sign up to rate and review this story