Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day the Sky Turned Black

No Problem

by StaticDetenator 1 review

Ivory's POV Mikey's POV

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2011-09-28 - Updated: 2011-09-28 - 937 words - Complete

-1Boring
I’ve never been to a place so fancy. I’m pretty sure Mikey had to dig into his college tuition money to get us in here. I don’t even know what to order, everything sound so good. Smiling at Mikey I reach my hand across the table, grabbing his.

“You look really pretty tonight, Rose,” he says locking eyes with me.

“Thanks,” I answer, my cheeks turning a light pink color even as I grimace at the scars that crisscross my hand and arm. I still don’t sleep well at night, hearing the calls of people who never made it out. Then again spending time with Mikey seems to be helping.

“I joined the band today,” Mikey announces as the server brings out the sodas we’d ordered.

Beaming at him I squeeze his fingers a little. I knew Mikey would eventually make up his mind to join his older brother’s nameless band. I can’t wait to see them in action. I guess really all they need is a name.

“I’m glad. So when do I get to see you guys?”

“We’ve got a gig sometime,” Mikey announces almost causing me to spit my soda across the table onto his white button down shirt and blue suit jacket. How do they already have a gig?

“You guys don’t even have a name,” I respond hoping I don’t sound like a bitch.

“Actually we do, My Chemical Romance. I got it out a Irvine Welsh book, it was on the inside back cover, Three Tales of Chemical Romance, I just tacked a my on the front,” Mikey explains as the pasta he ordered a few minutes ago arrives.

“Wow…” for a second I’m lost for words, “that’s pretty amazing.”

“Don’t mock me,” Mikey says, giving me his cute little awkward smile.

“I’m not silly,” I reply before cutting into the potato that came with my meal.

For almost thirty minutes the both of us sit in complete silence, just enjoying the succulent food put in front of us. I almost feel bad, Mikey went totally out of his way to make tonight amazing. I couldn’t ask for anyone better than him.

Mikey’s POV

I hope I’m doing this right. Rose and I never go on fancy dates; I’ve never had enough money. I guess pulling extra hours at Barnes and Nobles pays off. I just really want Rose to be having a good time. She’s been through so much in the past few weeks, this is something she deserves.

After dessert, a piece of peanut butter pie split between the two of us, I pay and we leave. I had a movie picked out for us to go see in the nicer theatre in the next town over but I’ll let Rose decide if we go. Tonight is hers.

“So what’s next?” she questions, her head resting on my arm as we stroll back to Molly’s car.

“I don’t know, there’s a movie playing if you wanna see that,” I reply opening the door for my date. I wonder if she thinks that’s clique. Maybe I’m just stressing out too much.

“What is it?”

“Some horror flick, we don’t have to go see it,” I answer trying my best not to back into the white pickup truck parked behind me. I don’t understand why people in New Jersey can’t pull all the way into the parking place.

Just as I turn the corner to get on the main road the engine sputters, making a thunk sound then giving out. This leaves me stranded half in the parking lot and half in the road. Well, so much for tonight being perfect.

Groaning I get out of the car, attempting to push the car back into the parking lot. After a few minutes I stand there staring at it before deciding that isn’t not going to work, I’m just not strong enough.

“What’s wrong Mikey Mouse?” Rose asks coming to stand next to me, her eyes sparkling in the street lamp.

“Molly’s car is a piece of shit,” I respond, kicking the pumper which only causes it to fall sideways. Shit.

“Here,” Rose places her hands on the hood of the car, “one, two, three, push!”

Together we manage to get the car back into the parking lot. The both of us have oil smudges on our faces, laughter rising from our stomachs. Lifting the hood I watch as black smoke pours out. I’ve got no clue what to do now. Just then the sky opens up, drenching us in icy rain. Tonight is completely screwed up.

Hugging Rose close I stroke her hair, “Sorry, tonight was supposed to be perfect. I kinda screwed that up.”

Rose laughs, kissing my lips for a second, “No, tonight was fun; I don’t think I’ve laughed this hard in forever. The tow truck man is on his way.”

Nodding I open the side door for Rose but she doesn’t get in. Instead she takes my hands, pulling me out into the lot. Quickly pecking me on the cheek she giggles, beginning to dance around in the rain. Laughing I join in, the two of us probably looking very strange to anyone passing by.

“Thanks for this Mikey,” Rose whispers, leaning on my chest.

“No problem dear, no problem.”

Author's Note: I know it's short but I thought it was good the way it was. Hope you enjoy.
Sign up to rate and review this story