Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Bites

Two - Tornado

by MadderThanAHatter 1 review

Mikey meets Frank

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-10-01 - Updated: 2011-10-01 - 805 words

1Exciting
Sorry I didn't update sooner, I've been ill and I've had loads of college work to do. Anyways, thank you for reading + enjoy :)

Waking up in the nurses office, to most people, would be something of an achievement.
I, however, have a loyalty card. Trust me, I wish I was lying. On my 34th visit in four months the Nurse decided I needed one.
Of them thirty four visits
I have knocked myself out five times.
Fainted twice.
Thrown up nine times.
Had eight accidents involving various types of sports equipment.
Three science accidents and seven times, well, ‘of absolute idiocy’
So, on that visit, she presented me with a loyalty card and first aid kit. The personal touch to medicine.

Anyways, I’m awake and waiting for treatment, when I notice a new kid sat opposite me.
“Finally awake huh” He smiles at me
“Uh, yeah” I say, rubbing my head “How long was I out?”
“Oh about” he looks at his watch “thirty minutes? Or thereabouts”
“Typical” I laugh to myself.

About a minute goes by, and I’m staring at the new kid. Basically trying to justify why he can be here, in the office. I’ve seen some bizarre stuff in here, some idiot who shoved something up his nose to impress a girl and got it stuck, so he needed the nurse to remove it. A girl who fainted face first onto a wet painting, and the paint had dried on her face while she was passed out. The kid had no obvious signs of injury.
“So why are you here?” I wondered aloud
“Well” he smiled “I cut my finger open” he pointed to his index finger, which had been hidden in his lap. It had a pretty impressive cut down the right side.
“How did you do that?”
“Maths. Compass. Sharp” he laughed “It hurt”
“I bet it did, you here to get it cleaned?”
“Yep” he laughed again “I’m Frank”
“Mikey, the most accident prone person in this building”
“I’m aware” he smiled at me, as the nurse came over.

The school nurse was a large black woman, Brenda. Or Nurse Vickers if you’re not as regular as me. She was really jolly, made you really relax. An excellent bedside manner.
“Mr Way, its nice to see you again” she said, a hint of humour in her voice
“And you” I couldn’t help the smile spread on my face.
“Oh, I was getting worried, at least two weeks since your last visit, I thought you’d finally succeeded in killing yourself”
“Yeah, you should be so lucky” I laughed
She turned to Frank
“Mr Iero, I’m going to put some antiseptic on that cut, just to prevent any nasties getting in, we don’t want you with blood poising now do we?”
“No ma’am” Frank held his finger out, wincing slightly as antiseptic was put on his wound
“All done, you’re free to go” she said, putting a bandage on his cut.
“Thanks” he said to Brenda “see ya around” he said to me
“Yeah, see ya” I replied, bracing myself for Brendas lecture on my clumsiness

When she finally let me go, it was five minutes to lunch. By lunch I don’t mean I’m going to raid a blood bank, at lunch I sit in the library on my own, writing bass riffs. Or studying music. As I entered the quiet room I saw Frank, sat in my seat. I sat opposite him, staring him down. He was reading my book. My music book.

“Frank” I said, trying to sound pissed, trying and failing.
“Mikey” he looked up, surveying my face.
“I was gonna read that”
“Oh” he looked at the books cover “Tough, I’m reading it”
“What do you play?” I asked, as the book was a practical study of guitars, including bass.
“Guitar, I prefer rhythm to lead. You?”
“Bass, I’m all about the rhythm too” I smiled
“Bass is easy though, guitar is harder. We have something called chords, don’t seem to have been invented for bass yet”
“Yeah, you wouldn’t believe what I went through to learn bass”

No. He really wouldn’t

“What, did you sell your soul or something” he laughed, I was starting to like Frank.
“Don’t be stupid” I tried to act calm “You can’t sell your soul” I was praying my tone was light-hearted
“Ah, you so did” he properly laughed, a hyperactive sound that was infectious.

Yes, Frank, I did sell my soul.

“If I’d sold my soul, don’t you think I would have asked to be less accident prone?” I forced laughter, high and unnatural
“Yeah I suppose.” he paused “I’m going to call you Tornado”


Opinions? :)
Sign up to rate and review this story