Categories > Original > Drama > What's Another Night All Alone, When You're Spending Every Day On Your Own...

Maybe things will get better now...

by NauticalStarGirl 0 reviews

Dylan's met Heather, maybe things will start getting better?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2011-10-10 - Updated: 2011-10-10 - 314 words

0Unrated
Heather walked me home, I told her the way to my house, and she waited with me until I got through the front door, then hugged me goodbye and left me her number in case I needed her. I doubted I would ring her, I didn't want to be more of a burden...But still, a girl gave me her number! That's never happened before, except as a joke, when they give me a wrong number or something, perhaps this was a joke too...Once again I threw my bag on the floor, and headed upstairs, only to hear mum shout at me from her room something about me being a disappointment, Good afternoon to you too mum, I had a lovely day at school, thanks for asking... I thought to myself. God I hated it in this house, I just wanted to sleep was all. My ribs hurt, my head hurt, I was bruised all over, but at the same time I couldn't help but have a buzzing feeling, I hadn't felt like this in a long time, it felt kinda good.

I opened my bedroom door and fell on my bed. I lay there for what felt like hours, letting the weight of the world crush me, smother me, suffocate me. It was like every bad thing that had ever happened came crashing down in those few hours, or minutes, I don't know how long I lay there, thinking. It bought tears to my eyes, knowing that out of the whole world, I had little over two friends, if Heather even counted as a friend, I'd only met her today after all. After a while my phone buzzed, I reached painfully into my pocket and pulled it out, it was Heather. "Hey, you okay now?" She'd texted, I smiled, "Yeah, a bit better thanks." I replied. Maybe I did have a friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story