Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's A Family Thing

Chapter 10: You're just a sad song with nothing to say...

by ANeverEndingStory 1 review

The minutes and hours after Rage and the car had collided passed in a blur. The ride to the hospital, the phone calls, the waiting, the worry. Everything. It was like the world had stopped turning.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-12 - Updated: 2011-10-12 - 1566 words

0Unrated
The car seemingly came out of nowhere. At least it appeared to fast for Rage to react properly. She didn’t even attempt to turn away or run. It was too late for that. The look on her face, when she realized what was about to happen, was an image that would be burned into Mikey’s and Gerard’s memory forever…

The minutes and hours after Rage and the car had collided passed in a blur. The ride to the hospital, the phone calls, the waiting, the worry. Everything. It was like the world had stopped turning. And in a way it really had. Tour life was kind of repetitive each day, but at times it was pretty hectic. Now, the tour was the last thing on their minds. Mikey had called the other guys in My Chem, who now were just as worried as Mikey and Gerard. And Gerard had called LynZ. Of course no one – except for Rage, Mikey and Gerard and well they guy who ran over Rage – knew how it happened. And of course only the 3 Ways knew what had caused Rage to run away. Gerard tried to tell himself that it had been the right thing to talk to Rage and make her see that she had a problem, but now – at the same time – he kind of felt like it was his fault Rage was in the hospital. Even though he knew it ultimately would have been like this anyway at some point. Probably sooner than later. The only difference might have been that Rage wouldn’t have been hospitalized because she’s been involved in a car accident, but simply because of overdosing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerard sat down next to Mikey handing him a cup of coffee. He sighed, ran his fingers through his hair and rubbed his eyes. They hadn’t heard anything from the doctors in hours.
“Are we responsible for this, Mikey?” he asked silently.
“What? Don’t you ever tell yourself that, okay? This was an accident. It has nothing to do with you and me. This is no one’s fault. If it’s anyone’s fault it’s the fault of that taxi driver not paying attention. No, Gerard, you are not responsible for this.”
“Why do I feel so guilty then…?”
Mikey looked at his older brother. It has always been like that. Gerard had always felt responsible for his younger siblings and he always watched out for their safety, but he also always was too fast in thinking something might have happened because he had done something wrong, which – let’s face it – had rarely been the case. He was just a very emotional person and there was nothing wrong about that, but he had to stop carrying the world on his shoulders. It seemed to Mikey as if Gerard thought Rage had started doing drugs, because of them. He wanted to shake his brother and tell him he had to stop. It was Rage’s own choice. She was 27 after all.
“I know how you feel, but Gerard…we did the right thing. Don’t you ever think otherwise. Rage has made wrong choices, just as we both did before as well. It’s not your fault, you don’t have to feel responsible for this. Look at me! She’s going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay.”
Gerard looked into Mikey’s eyes. He was right. And he knew it, too, but there was this little doubt left… But before the two brothers could dwell into more self-loathing a doctor showed up and made his way directly towards them. Gerard and Mikey jumped up from their seats, eyes wide with fear.
“How is she?” Mikey asked first.
“Can we go to her? Is she fine? Will she be alright?” Gerard added.
The doctor showed them with a hand gesture to follow him to his office. While walking Mikey and Gerard shot each other worried and confused looks. They were growing impatient, they wanted to know what was up, if their little sister was okay…

When they arrived in the doctor’s office, Mikey couldn’t hold in any longer.
“Would you tell us, what the fuck is going on with our sisters now, or what?” he said a little furious.
“Have a seat!”
Both – Mikey and Gerard – did as they’ve been told.
“So?! What’s up. Tell us!” Gerard said.
“Okay, Mr. Gerard Way and Mr. Mikey Way. Your sister is okay.” When he realized the two men were about to bombard him with questions he gestured to stay calm and to listen. What both did.
“As I said, your sister Rachel Elena Way, is okay. She has two broken ribs and a broken arm. She was bleeding in her stomach, but we were able to stop the inner bleeding very quickly. It seems as she had a major guardian angel. She will be able to leave in about 5 days, because other than those broken bones, she got away with only a mild concussion.”
“Oh my god. Thank you so much! When can we see her?” Gerard asked immediately after the older man had stopped talking.
“In a bit. But we have to talk about something else first” The doctor switched into a more serious tone. “I think you know you’re sister has… a problem… with… substances, I assume…”
Mikey and Gerard looked at each other: “Yes, we just… kind of found out recently.”
“Well, we run a tox screen on her and it was positive for cocaine, various other anti-depressants like Xanax and we also found small traces of heroin in her blood…”

That last one hit them. Gerard in particular. Sure they both had done their fair share of drugs and also cocaine, but heroin was something else. That was something he always had stayed away from. That was… what was going on with their sister. Everything seemed to be great, they were getting popular, she was a good performer. Why would someone sabotage all that by doing all those drugs? They were shocked, just stared at each other in utter horror.
“Uhm, I hope you’re going to do something about that?! You should definitely consider getting her into rehab once she recovered from the accident.”
“Yeah, we talked about that already… Can we see her now?”
“Yes, I’m taking you to her room. Just one more thing: We’ve gotten some calls from the press. Right now nothing has slipped through to the press, but I’m giving you the advise to make an announcement soon, before rumours start swirling. If you want us to keep the drug part secret we won’t tell anything about it and just handle it as any other exhaustion and car accident case… It’s up to you.”
“Thank you, that would be good. Our manager will be here soon, he will take care of it, but thank you. Can you get us to our sister now, please?!” Gerard demanded.
“Of course, just follow me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all the blackness, now there was this whiteness. Like the light of the end of the tunnel… And it was fucking bright. Rage immediately closed her eyes again. Where was she? Then she opened her eyes a second time. Slower now, so the light wouldn’t be as blinding. Where was she? She looked around. A sterile looking room. White walls with nothing to say. Then she saw Mikey and Gerard. They were sitting next to her bed, sleeping in chairs. But what bed was she lying in? For it wasn’t the bed in the hotel room she was staying in the past few days. She looked around and then down on herself, raising her arms. One arm was bandaged up, the other connected to some machine. What the fuck was this?

She tried to sit up straight and made a whimpering sound. The pain that shot through her upper body was intense. It made her feel dizzy and nauseous. Slowly it started to sink in. She must be in a hospital. And then came the other memories. The shooting, the “talk”, her running from them and then… She sighed heavily. This wasn’t good, being in the hospital wasn’t good. She wanted out of here as fast as possible. When she tried to sit up a little more straight again another pain shot through her body and this time she groaned a lot louder. She was about to ripp out the needle out of her hand, when she felt a hand on her arm. She looked up to who the hand belonged to and met Gerard’s hazel eyes, that were filled with worry, concern, but also a hint of anger. “What do you think you are doing?” was the only thing he said.

[/Okay, I know I’m not up to my usual self again, but I hope this chapter wasn’t too crappy. It’s not as long as usual, but it’s better than nothing, right? There is still a lot to come. I just don’t know how long it will take me to continue since I’m still kind of going though a really shitty time… But please keep reading and reviewing, it always makes me really happy to know what you think! Thank you all so much!
Sign up to rate and review this story