Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's A Family Thing

Chapter 11: City of Angels / City of Demons

by ANeverEndingStory 2 reviews

For a while it seemed as Rage would really get better. No late nights out, no parties, but movie nights and meeting up with Lindsey and some of her art friends for the gallery opening.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-11-08 - Updated: 2011-11-08 - 1536 words

0Unrated
Hey, is anyone even still reading this? Anyway, I’m really sorry for not having updated in a while. It’s been some rough weeks and they are still rough, but I will try to update a little more often now again. If you guys want me to that is… This chapter is more of a filler though, but it was necessary to keep the story alive… Yeah… I don’t know… Hope you enjoy!


Rage had been released from the hospital 3 days after Gerard had stopped her from ripping out the IV in her hand. It’s been 3 rough days. With little sleep and a lot of worry. At first Rage had refused to talk to any of them, but after one whole day of glaring at each other without speaking she appeared to be at loss for patience and started a conversation with one small word. And that small word had been “So…?”
You couldn’t necessarily say they had a deep conversation, but at least they had tried to talk about Rages “problem” and how to deal with it. This talk kind of felt like a long dance on sharp glass, but in the end Rage had at least agreed to start going to AA meetings in LA when she had recovered from the injuries.

Gerard and Mikey would have liked it better if she had agreed to go to rehab, but she was 27 after all and no one was able to force her. So for now they had to just hope that Rage would keep her promise and maybe manage to get better without seeking professional help.

So after Rage had been released from the hospital – with a prescription for 3 different kinds of painkillers she had to take because of the injuries. Gerard didn’t like that one bit, since he kind of doubted Rage would be taking only the prescribed dosage. At least he knew he didn’t do that years back. Yes, it was just really easy for her to get “high” and for now they couldn’t even really do something against it since she was ordered to take the medication. But at least he could make sure she didn’t take more then the prescribed dosage. Rage was flying back to LA the same day and was picked up by Lindsey at LAX. Lindsey had agreed to check up on Rage and spend time with her while MCR were still touring. She didn’t really have to agree to it though, Rage and Lindsey were getting along great. They had hung out before and now Lindsey had a good plan to keep Rage busy and not thinking about drinking, partying or taking drugs.
Lindsey would be showing her artwork in a gallery soon and a lot of things had to be planned and for that she could really well use a helping hand. Rage’s helping hand. Gerard liked this idea a lot. He was glad there was someone around to look after her for the time he or Mikey couldn’t be there.

Naturally – since Rage was injured and unable to perform – another band had to fill in for “The Diamond Mile”. The official reason why “The Diamond Mile” weren’t going to be touring the last leg of the tour with MCR was kept simple: Exhaustion. Nobody seemed to question that since Rage and her band had been tearing it off on stage, but of course the crew, the bands and families knew the unofficial reason. Until now the press didn’t question it either and everyone was praying it would stay that way…

For a while it seemed as Rage would really get better. No late nights out, no parties, but movie nights and meeting up with Lindsey and some of her art friends for the gallery opening. Yes, everything looked good. Lindsey even went to the Rage’s first AA meeting as a support. But in the end it all might have seemed too good to be true…

Weeks had passed, happy weeks, weeks not spending one thought about self destruction. What it was that had sent Rage over the edge again after nearly a whole month of not taking anything? Or at least not more than the prescribed amount? I guess no one really knows. Boredom maybe? Or self doubts? Whatever it was, it all started slowly. Creeping up like a shadow. Unable to run from it. And it had all started after Lindsey’s big night of showing her artwork in one of the best galleries in LA.

All of MCR and their wives had been there to celebrate. And just to mention it briefly, it was a big success. There wasn’t a lot of time of catching up between the Way siblings since they had to leave LA again already the next day, but Mikey and Gerard had a good feeling about Rage. She had def looked better than when they had last seen her at the hospital. More “filled with life”, almost happy-ish. And that also was, what Lindsey has told Gerard when the had talked on the phone. No one expected Rage to spiral out of control again like that. But I guess it always happens when you least expect it.

Rage herself didn’t really know why she had started taking more than the ordered dosage and why she had started drinking again from time to time. But drinking has never been the problem – well for her it ALL wasn’t a problem if there was a problem it was the pills and the coke.

After the gallery showing, Rage decided to go out. That’s when she ran into some of her LA “friends” and from that night on it was sleeping till noon, skipping AA meetings, a line and a cup of coffee for breakfast and partying all night. In the clubs and at home. Sometimes all by herself, sometimes with a bunch of people around her, sometimes with people she didn’t even know. Lindsey had tried to keep an eye on Rage, she had tried to call her, but Rage never called back. Lindsey had really tried, but then again. She was not only an artist, but a mother and she had to look after her child, she couldn’t drive around LA looking for a 27 year old girl with a taste for chaos, a taste for self destruction. Yeah, maybe this was a family thing. History repeating.

It wasn’t long until the paparazzi had caught Rage and her friends stumbling out of all different kinds of night clubs looking like hell. And of course those pics began showing up in magazines. Rage didn’t care. She didn’t know. But Lindsey cared and Mikey did and Gerard… And all of MCR and The Diamond Mile as well

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just another october morning in LA and Lindsey was sitting in the living room colouring with Bandit. The tv was on, but it was muted. Lindsey wasn’t paying much attention to it, at least not until Bandit said: “Oh mommy look it’s aunt Rachel on tv!”
Yes, Rage was on tv. Lindsey turned up the volume: “Breaking VIP news. Rachel Way. Singer of the famous group “The Diamond Mile” and sister of the Way brothers was seen stumbling out of a club last saturday. This wasn’t the first time we’ve seen her like this. A lot of pictures and videos have made their way recently. The 27 year old singer seems to be loosing it. How long until something really bad will happen…” She turned off the tv.
She wished Bandit wouldn’t have seen Rage like this. Stumbling out of a club on Hollywood Boulevard, her hair messy, a cigarette in hand, obviously heavily intoxicated since she kind of had to be carried to the taxi by a security guy.
This. Wasn’t. Good. This. Was. BAD!
And so she grabbed the phone and dialed.
“Gerard? Good Morning, hun! How are you doing? I miss you too. Listen… How long until the tour is over and you guys are back in cali…?.... 2 more weeks? Okay… Hun, I think you know why I’m calling don’t you?! You’ve probably seen the pictures and the videos. Hun, I’m so sorry. I was trying my best. I think there’s something really wrong, she isn’t returning my calls, she doesn’t open the door, when I’m there to check up on her, she skipped the meetings, the paparazzi pics of her partying… I don’t know. I just… I can’t get a hold on her. I have no idea where she is. Please, you and Mikey… As soon as the tour is over something has to happen. I’m worried… I know… I know you worry too… Okay… Yeah, I can do that. I love you! Bye.”

Hope this wasn’t too crappy… :/ But yeah, I’m having a crappy time so…
Let me know if you’re still reading this. Otherwise I might as well just stop right here. It’s just a few more chapters anyway… But yeah reviews are always welcome.
Sign up to rate and review this story