Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 11/11/11

Chapter 2

by mcrobsessed99 2 reviews

OH, FRANKIE?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-10-14 - Updated: 2011-10-14 - 913 words

0Unrated
I was halfway to school, when I saw a shadow dart behind me. I crossed my arms, and looked at my feet, waiting for impact. I kept walking though.
The shadow walked in front of me, and cut me off.
“Hi Gerard…” It said quietly.
I looked up.
“…Frank?” I whispered, then shook my head.
“What do you want? To kick me down before school starts so you can brag to all the preps about how you pushed down the ‘emo, socially awkward freak’?” I yelled.
He stepped back and looked at me with his puppy dog eyes.
“No…I…I don’t want to do that…” He said quietly.
I looked him up and down. His hair got longer, and he got a few more tattoos. He was absolutely adorable.
I shook my head.
“No.”
I started walking forward, but he grabbed my arm. I tensed up.
“Gee, let me talk.”
Gee.
He called me Gee.
I turned around.
“…What…?” I said softly.
“I…” He leaned in close, and I could feel his breath on my lips.
He touched my face softly.
“Us 3 annoy you because…”
He brushed his lip against mine.
Then slapped me.
“What the hell, Frank? I gave you this one chance.”
“I…I’m sorry.”
I picked up my backpack and ran, not looking back or acknowledging his calls of my name.
Everyone ignored me during the day.
I got the occasional shove or insult.
I missed when I had friends.
I saw Mikey once and waved, but he looked away and ran off with one of his friends.
Even my own brother doesn’t like me.
When I got home, I went straight to my room. My mom wasn’t home and Mikey was staying late at school.
It was raining, so I decided to lay on the couch and listen to the rain fall.
I was half asleep when the doorbell rang. I jolted awake. What time was it?
The clock was on the mantle, and it said 5:54.
I jumped up and walked to the door.
“Really…what do you want?” I said to the short, tattooed guy that was at my door.
“Give me 5 minutes to explain everything. After this, if you still don’t like me, I’ll leave you alone for good.”
I looked at him skeptically, but opened the door wider and he stepped in.
He was soaking wet, and eyes were red and he looked like he had been crying.
He sat on the couch.
I stood in front of the tv.
“Gee…” He said, looking in my eyes.
“Hurry Frank. You have 5 minutes.” I said.
He sighed.
“Okay…well…every single mean thing I’ve done to you, it was an act. You’re my best friend, and everytime I did something, it made me hurt more.” He said.
“…but why’d you do it at all?” I asked, inching closer to him until I was eventually on the couch next to him.
“You know how everyone hated me, because I was the awkward, gay, new kid?”
I nodded.
“Well…one day the preps came up to me and said if I beat you up, they would make sure I would be popular. I said no, because you’re my best friend. But…they kept bugging me, so I just decided to deal with it. Ray and Bob and I became friends, and we all just decided to be in this together. At first, I tried not to be so hard on you. But as the years went by…I just…I don’t know. And this morning, I was going to apologize, but then…I saw them…and….yeah.”
I looked at him.
He turned his head toward me.
“Gerard, I’m really sorry. You’re my best friend and I don’t want to hurt you anymore.”
“But…3 years Frank. 3 years of all this shit. You know what it did to me?”
I pulled up the sleeves of my shirt.
Scar after scar.
Tears welled up in his eyes, and he wrapped me in a hug.
We sat there, hugging for a few minutes.
“I’m so…so….so sorry Gee. I didn’t mean to do this to you. I love you.” He said, crying.
I closed my eyes.
He sounded like he was serious, but I was still skeptical of him.
“You’re sure you’re serious?” I asked.
“Yes. 100%. I’ve been wanting to apologize to you forever.”
“Oh…I see…” I said quietly.
“Can I stay over tonight? My house isn’t uh…okay right now.” He said.
“Um…Sure…” I said.
“Thanks.” He said, looking at me.
He smiled.
“Do you…uh…still play guitar?” I asked.
“Yeah…you still sing?”
I nodded.
He smiled again.
The door opened.
“Uh…Gerard…why is Frank here? I thought you hated him…” Mikey said, dumping his backpack by the door and walking into the living room.
“He uh…apologized.”
“Really, now…” Mikey said quietly.
He walked over and grabbed Frank’s arm.
“Do anything to my brother ever again and I’ll end you.” Mikey said, and pushed him back to the couch.
Frank’s eyes darted back and forth rapidly from me to Mikey.
”Mikey…I’d never hurt Gerard…in fact…” He said, then turned to me.
He grabbed my face, and kissed me.
“Frank, what the hell.” I said softly.
“I…I…Gerard, I love you.”
I looked down at my hands.
Sign up to rate and review this story