Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Surprise!

Tough To Make Choices

by Chatty_Pants 27 reviews

Theresa is in the hospital and Jay is really worried. Okay, really crappy summery but it sounds alot better than the summery.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-11 - Updated: 2006-06-12 - 1355 words

0Exciting
Two days had passed since the explosion and Theresa hadn't woken up from the coma that she fell in to a couple of days a go. The doctors had said that her wounds weren't very fatal but she would never wake up. As soon as she was admitted to the hospital the physicians there had told them that as soon as they saw her they knew she was going to need a blood transfusion. They tested everyone for her blood type, which was AB, and only Neil matched it. Shivering he went through with it. After all, after you've been living in the same house with other people for a year and a half, you begin to know their fears. Neil's fear was needles. So when he agreed to donate his blood he went pale. The deed surprised them, but it also didn't at the same time. He came out with his face paper white but the color soon returned when the doctor told everyone that she was going to live.
Jay and Atlanta were Theresa's most frequent visitors but Jay came more often than not. Hera had all the privilege to go see her before and after visiting hours. They were also given two weeks off of training so they could bee with Theresa as much as they needed. Jay came everyday, no matter what the weather while the others came too, but just whenever they felt up to it. Sometimes, if he was lucky, he'd be aloud to spend the night with her. From what he was told from the others as well, she always had a frown on her face but once Jay entered, the corners of her mouth curved up a bit. He thought that what had happened to Theresa was his fault so he wanted to be by her side if she just happened to die on him. Everyday when he entered the small white room he took Theresa's cold, white hand and held it there until he had to leave. Once or twice, the nurses had threatened to call security if he didn't leave. To the other though, they couldn't stay in the same room with her for very long because they just couldn't stand the sight of her with tubes coming out from everywhere in her body.
"How can you stand it Jay? It's just so heartbreaking to see her that way," everyone had asked him countless times.
His answer was always the same. "I'd rather see her in that condition than looking at her grave."
One day when Jay was in with Theresa for the hundredth time that week, Theresa's doctor, a Dr. Lisa Hamlin (yours truly) he thought, had asked to see him in private.
"I'm really sorry about this, but I don't think your girlfriends going to make it," she told him grimly.
"What?! I thought you said that the wounds weren't that fatal!"
"They're not. It's the bacteria that got in the wounds that are killing her. Mold and other bacteria have gotten into her system from the explosion and are slowly killing her. Even if she does survive this she still won't wake up. And even if she did, she'd just suffer because she wouldn't be able to do anything. You have two choices. You can either let her suffer until she dies or you can pull the plug and end her misery once and for all," she told him solemnly.
"No, no! You're wrong! There has to be another way out of this! There just has to," Jay yelled frustrated.
"As I said, I'm really sorry about this. I wish there was, but there isn't. You can tell me your decision when the time comes. For now, just relax and go home."
Jay stood there stunned, but he knew what he had to do...
"You're kidding right? Right, right? Please tell me this is just some cruel cold joke. Please tell me this," Atlanta cried.
"I wish it was but it isn't. We have to decide," Jay told everyone for the up tenth time. Atlanta started to cry in Archie's shoulder from what Jay had told them.
When Jay got back home from the hospital he told everyone what Dr. Hamlin had said. Everyone in the room was shocked beyond belief. They didn't want to believe it but part of them knew that it was true. They had to make one of the toughest decisions that they ever had to make. Neil was the first one to break the silence.
"Pull the plug," he stated flatly. Everyone in the room looked at him surprised. They never expected Neil of all people to say that, not in a million years.
"She doesn't deserve to suffer anymore than she has to,"
"Neil's right," Odie said solemnly.
"I'm not about to give up on her," Jay sternly said.
"Look. Jay, calm down. It's hopeless," Herry replied as calmly as he could.
"No you look. One of my best friends is basically on her deathbed and you want me to calm down!" Jay practically screamed at them. Everyone in the room was silent again. They had never seen Jay act this way before. He was usually calm and logical but now he was scared and couldn't think straight.
Jay stormed out of the building and arrived in the hospital wing where Theresa was. Hera had requested that Theresa got her own private room and everyone at the hospital had obliged. Even so, with all of the tubes she still looked just as beautiful as ever. Her clean hair flowed everywhere from her body and her sweet scent of fresh prairie lilies had made the drab room look not-so drab as before. She still had on the necklace that Jay gave her so that even if he wasn't with her if she died, she still had a small piece of him so that it seemed like he was still with her when he really wasn't. The doctors had wanted to take it off but Jay had absolutely refused. Jay grabbed Theresa white hand and held it in his warm one. He noticed a very small smile cross her face. He pushed a few stray strands of hair out of her eyes and just let his fingers rest there for a few seconds before removing them.
Days had passed since the talk in the dorm and Jay had never left the hospital. He ordered meals in the room once a day and brushed his teeth at the sink beside him. He was always scared that whenever he left the room for even a second, Theresa would die when he wouldn't be there with her and he never got to tell her goodbye.
"It's now or never," Jay thought solemnly. He took a deep breath and after making sure that no one was around, just opened his mouth and told her everything. "Theresa, please don't leave like this. I can't live without your bubbling laugh, your happy-go-lucky attitude, and I just plain can't live without you. But most importantly, I can't live without you knowing how I really feel about you. Theresa I-I love you,"
Seconds after he told her, the ECG stopped. The red line just kept going straight and it broke Jay's heart to pieces. He slowly let go of her limp hand and put his head in his arms and cried for what seemed like an eternity.

I am so evil. I just killed Theresa. And since I have done that, Gryffindor-4ever will come after me. And like I have said before, I can not update until Road To Hades shows. And now I have another reason, sort of. I can't update as fast because my parents took the downstairs for their bedroom and that is where the computer is. In other words, I can't update at like, 1:00 in the morning. Really sorry about this and I will now stop because I must hide from everyone who is reading this. I know you are all planning to kill me! I need 50 reviews to write the sequel. Please r&r without killing me in the process!

Sign up to rate and review this story