Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Surprise!

Trouble's Afoot Part 2

by Chatty_Pants 6 reviews

Jay is looking for Theresa but he can't find her. Where could she be?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-10 - Updated: 2006-06-10 - 1830 words

1Exciting
Jay was wandering around the top floor calling out Theresa's name in a hoarse voice. Sadly, no matter how many times he called her name, the only thing that answered was his echo. He was going to check the PMR to see if he missed any rooms. He looked, but it showed that he checked all the rooms in the building. He turned around about to check all of the spaces when he noticed something on the floor. He looked closer and saw that it was a deep, jagged crack in the floorboards. Every two steps he saw the exact same crack. He followed them to the end of the hallway when he came to a dead end. He checked the PMR again but he didn't see any marked rooms. He felt the wall for any hidden doors but he couldn't find anything. He was about to cry out in frustration when he thought of the idea to look up. Looking up, he saw a stream of light coming from the roof. The light came down in a perfect square so that meant that there was a trap door up there. He tried to pull it down but it wouldn't budge. Thinking quickly, he pulled out his xiophus and stabbed the door to pieces. It took quite awhile, but soon enough, he was on top of the roof. Straining his ears so he could he something, anything, over the high wind. Listening as best he could he heard soft, quiet whimpers.
"Theresa, Theresa! Are you up here!" he called cupping his hands to his mouth. He heard very muffled shouts coming from the right of him. To his shock, he found that it was moving further and further away. He ran toward the sound hoping with all his heart that it was Theresa.
He got there seconds later but saw no one. He turned around disappointed when he heard the sound again but this time loader. He tried to place where he heard the sound before and then it hit him. The sound was coming from beneath him! He dropped to his knees and looked over the edge. He saw her and felt immediate relief. But he tensed up again at once, once he saw how she was hanging. Her hands were tied up and caught on a long rusty nail. To his horror he became aware of the fact that the threads of the rope were breaking one-by-one. Theresa looked up at Jay with tears streaming down her face and a pleading look in her eyes. Jay felt ashamed that he had let this happen to her and was going to do anything possible to save her, even if it meant dieing in the process.
Quickly deciding between calling Odie on the PMR or getting Theresa up to safety he closed his eyes in thought. Not even after half a second he opened his eyes and reached down to try and grab Theresa's hands. His hand fell short of it by about a foot and he silently muttered to himself.
"Don't worry Theresa! I will do whatever it takes to bring you up here. Just hold on a bit longer and then everything will be okay, I promise," he shouted down to her. She gave a small nod before another thread broke. If she could of screamed she would of. Jay went even further to the edge this time as terror flooded over him. What if he couldn't save Theresa? What if because of his blunder in the corridors everyone died at the hands of Cronus? He knew one thing for certain. He was not going to let this happen if he had any say in it. His tanned hand came closer this time, but he was still a few inches away. Theresa closed her eyes and tried to remember her happiest moments and surprising, they all had Jay. A couple of fat tears rolled down her face as the last thread broke. As she felt the forces of gravity against her she thought of only how she'd be leaving Jay behind without him knowing how she felt about him. At the same time of this thought a warm and fairly sweaty hand came out and grabbed her left wrist. She could feel herself being pulled up and she felt relieved that she still had a chance to tell Jay. She collapsed in his arms and started to cry tears of joy.
"Oh thank you Zeus, thank you," she cried silently on Jay's shoulder. He took Theresa's gag and the rest of the ropes off her wrists. His eyes widened in shock as he saw the major rope burns on her hands. He grimaced in utter hate as he Theresa fell back into his arms. He was going to kill Cronus if it was the last thing he'd do. He was going to pay after what he did to Theresa. He let her sob for a bit more on his already wet shoulder as he quietly and calmly, "Everything's going to be okay, you're safe now."
Theresa nodded slowly as she got up to try and stop the slow trickle of blood that was flowing down her wrists. Jay picked up his PMR and called Odie.
"What's up?" Odie asked.
"Odie, I need you to call Herry and tell him to meet me at the south side of the building. I don't have time to explain but just get him over here as soon as possible okay?"
"You got it Jay,"
Jay hung up his PMR and was about to put it back in his pocket when it rang. He answered and saw the terrified faces of Archie and Atlanta looking at him.
"Jay, get out of here now!" they shouted simultaneously.
"Why? What's wrong?" Jay asked worriedly. Jay glanced at Theresa and saw her looking at him scared. "I can't go now. I just found Theresa and I'm waiting for Herry to come here so we can get down."
"You found Theresa?! Oh thank the gods! Is she okay? Is she hurt? I swear if she has even on scratch on her I am going to kick the..." Atlanta started. Archie elbowed her hard. Atlanta glared at him and then remembered what she was supposed to be doing. "Oh yeah, right. Anyways, Jay, you and Theresa have to get out of there now! Cronus is planning to blow up the school with an over heating boiler,"
"What?! Why does this always happen to us?" Jay muttered angrily.
"It doesn't matter! Just get out of there now!" Archie yelled just before the line died.
"Archie! Atlanta! Crap! The line died,"
Theresa sat down beside him trying to smile reassuringly, but it wasn't working. Jay moved closer to her and put his arm around her and held her close. They sat there for what seemed like hours but was only a couple of minutes. Theresa closed her eyes in happiness wanting this moment to never end. Sadly, it was interrupted by Herry calling out their names.
"Over here Herry!"
Herry walked over with a confused look on his face.
"Where are you?" Herry asked puzzled.
"We're on top of the roof!"
Herry walked over to them and stood looking up dumbfounded. Jay explained the plan of what they were going to do. Theresa was going to jump off the edge with Herry catching her and the same with Jay.
"Ready?" Herry called out from below them.
"Yeah! Just a second!" they yelled back. A couple of seconds later Theresa jumped off the roof and landed safety with Harry catching her. He put her down on the brown grass and was ready to catch Jay. To his surprise he saw that he had already jumped and was on the ground beside Theresa. As they walked off the heard a deep rumble and looked at each other fearfully. They hurried up but Theresa and Jay were going at a slow pace beside him because her legs were stiff and sore from not using them for three straight hours. They were only a couple of feet away from the other side of the street when the building exploded. The boom was deafening and there was dirt and rubble flying everywhere. They were quite a ways away but still close enough to do some damage to them. Thinking quickly, Jay picked up Theresa and ran to the other side of the street where the others were waiting safely. Bits of rocks and rubble bounced off of him but it was nothing really major. Theresa on the other hand, was in pain when the tiniest pebble hit her because her skin had been scraped raw from the abuse from Cronus and his giants.
They made it back to the others in minutes. Jay lay Theresa down on the dry grass so she could rest. Jay was relieved that they got her back and was going to tell her that everything was over when his words got caught in his throat. In the now bright moonlight he could finally see what she looked like. Theresa was bleeding from wounds all over he body and was pale from all the blood she lost. Her normally reddish orange hair was as red as Atlanta's and her clothes were tattered and shredded from the ordeal she had been through. But the one thing that turned Jay's heart to ice were her eyes. Her normal clear, green eyes that were always shining with life were now clouded and lifeless. She was having trouble breathing and if Jay had the choice, he would have told Zeus to strike him down dead that very instant.

Hee hee. I'm so evil. I am basically killing off Theresa and there is nothing you can do about it! Muhahaha. Lol. Okay, I'm better. The next chapter is going to be kind of short so it won't take me long to update hopefully. Also, I can't put chapter eleven up until Road To Hades shows because I need a piece of info from there. I just remembered that I have good news for all my fans. If I get fifty reviews or more I will write the sequel to my story. This one's going to be called Three's A Crowd. I'm not going to say what's going to happen because I want it to be a surprise! So don't ask!! Lol. And I better have it because I already know what going to happen and I want to write it. I also have bad news, because it is now summer I will be going to camp and I won't be able to update for a week. That is also good news to I guess. Because of the week with no typing and CotT (T_T) I will be able to have like three or more chapters done and possibly a new story in my head. I better end this. Lol. Please r&r or no sequal.
Sign up to rate and review this story