Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Why'd You Even Bother?

Chapter Five - Amethyst

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Hungry Mikey, embarrassed Gerard, silent Maggie and confused Amethyst? LETS READ!!!!!!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-27 - Updated: 2011-10-27 - 1066 words

0Unrated
Blood had gushed from my nose and onto the snow without warning. My hand flew over my nose and mouth as I fell to my knees in the snow. “Are you okay?” hands found my shoulders.

I looked up into Gerard's worried face. “Yeah! I'm fine.” I picked up some snow and cleaned my face with it. “Good?” I asked, cleaning my hand of the bloody snow.

He nodded and helped me to my feet. Goddess my skin was going numb from the tingling. Once I was on my feet, I dropped his hands. My body turned back into a live wire.

We walked in and I finished dinner. When we were eating, we discussed the rooming and how this was gonna work for the next few weeks. Maggie just stayed out of it. “They're your guests.” was all she said.

My heart clenched in my chest as Gerard said he'd sleep in the spare room in the basement. I tried to ignore him and laughed at Frank's face when he tasted my veggie and cheese raviolis.

Gerard winked at me and I blushed. I ducked my head until my face cooled. After Frank cleated half the pan pf raviolis, I cleaned down the stove and started dishes by hand, though we had a dish washer. I felt eyes on my back and knew automatically who it was.

“Do you do everything by hand, or do you ever take short cuts?” I chuckled at Gerard's silly question.

“It's a old habit. I've been doing it for about a decade so yeah. And I've been baking and cooking for about eight. Besides, practice makes perfect. But to answer, your question, yes I tend to do pretty much everything by hand.” I smiled at him as I ran water into the saucy pan.

I caught the basic thought in his head from how he was acting, his emotions mostly. Guilt, pain, sorrow, pity......... The last one made me mad. “And I know you know about our Mom. But we don't need pity, kay? Just act like it was never said.” I smiled at him and finished the dishes.

It was already 11:30PM. Wow it only feels like seven. Oh well. “Well, I'm off to bed. You should get there too. If you don't get up on time you won't eat till lunch.”

I went down the stairs and turned into my room. He'd followed me to the door where he stopped. I pulled the lid off my coffin bed. “I was wondering where your bed was! That's so fuckin badass!” he came in and looked over my bed.

He trailed his fingers along the silky black finish and gaped. “My uncle makes coffins for........us. I got this for my last birthday.”

Only now did I notice how close he was. I froze and pushed him out. “What's wrong?” he asked, startled. I pushed him further, toward the door.

“I kinda don't feel like changing in front of my friend! We are not dress shopping!” he laughed quietly before I closed the door on him.

Once I was dressed in my silk shorts and tank- both black of course – I climbed into bed and pulled the lid mostly closed. A tiny crack remained to let cool air in and the hot air out.

A small thought crept into my mind. How had Uncle Pete known I'd wanted a coffin bed like this? I pushed it aside and crossed my arms over my chest.

Turning on my Mp3 player, I drifted to the music, letting it take me over. I fell asleep quickly.

A few hours later, I woke up, tears on my face and screams ripping out of me. I pushed the lid aside and bolted into a sitting position.

Light filtered in from the doorway. I looked over to see Gerard standing in pajama pants and a huge gray shirt. He walked slowly to me and stopped at the side of my bed.

“Are you okay?” I nodded mutely. He pulled me into a tight hug.

I froze in his arms. He noticed and let go. “Sorry.” he whispered. I waved my hand at him.

“Its okay. I just gotta go up stairs.” I climbed over the edge of my coffin and stood for a second, stretching my legs a bit.

He gasped and I looked down, instantly remembering what I was wearing. Suddenly, I felt unselfconscious of my scars that littered my pale skin.

Goddess he must think I'm a monster. The way he was gaping at me sure wasn't helping the matter. I turned and bolted up the stairs.

I locked the bathroom door and sat on the toilet, pulling my legs up to my chest. There was a soft knock on the door. “Hawkeye? You okay?” It was Mikey.

“Yeah, Mikey. I'm fine.” Fuck. My voice quivered.

“Can I come in?” he asked quietly. I stood and unlocked the door. It opened as I returned to my perch.

He pulled himself up onto the washer with a little trouble, sitting like me. I stared out the small window in the wall, watching the snow fall in the dark.

“What happened?” he asked. I turned my head on my knees and stared at him. He blushed slightly.

“Just a dream. It comes with the snow.” I looked out the window again.

“What does that mean?” he asked in a whisper. I thought over my words carefully.

“Well, you see, I'm born in December. So I'm born to love winter and everything that comes with it. And I do. But when I was nine, I started having a dream. And now, from the time the first snow falls until it all melts, I have the same dream. Every night. Every year. Its killing me. Just leave it at that.” I said simply, watching the snow with steady eyes.

I heard the washer rock slightly as he climbed off. His cold hands touched my exposed shoulders. “You're so warm.” he pressed his fingers against my skin. “How are you always so warm?”

Magic. I thought. My lips formed the word so easily. “Magic.” his stomach grumbled loudly. “Well, if that isn't a sign to get cookin' I don't know what is.” I laughed and stepped out of the bathroom, shutting the door on a blushing Mikey.








ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR ALL MY FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD



Hugs and Crackers,

-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story