Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > One Autumn Night

One Autumn Night

by aniseflavoredstars 4 reviews

Mikey decides to take a walk in the park at night. Is this such a good idea? Frikey.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-10-23 - Updated: 2011-10-23 - 1329 words

2Original
A/N: I'm writing this for someone, but you're welcome to read it C: Enjoy~~

Mikey hadn't bothered to wrestle the wooden chopsticks from their sleeve. He just dove right on into the sushi platter that was laid before him. A large window view of the city street was on his left, and a view of the small Japanese restaurant was on his right. It was a small place, but it satisfied his appetite for sushi in the late hours of the evening. Savoring the last of his sushi rolls, he looked outside at the lamp lit streets. Barely anyone was out at this hour and if they were, they were on their way somewhere much warmer. Autumn was upon the city and the air smelled like spices and firewood. It was almost eleven as Mikey checked his phone before shoving it back into his black pant pocket. The shop was closing up and the staff seemed to be eying him hoping he would leave.

After paying, Mikey reluctantly stepped out into the cold. His breath hung in the night air like tiny clouds that eventually dispersed. He wasn't really tired. The night was still young to him. Pulling his hood over his dark mahogany hair, he set out for the local park. A good walk would release some of the night owl energy, so he could get a decent night's sleep. It wasn't far to the park. A small area with a sidewalk path winding through tree arches and flower bushes. Mikey put his hands inside the pouch of his hoodie and began the trek. His converses echoed through the otherwise silent park as they tapped against the concrete.

The hairs on the back of his neck stood, and a small shiver crept up his spine. It felt like someone was watching him. Mikey shook it off. It was late and Halloween was just around the corner. Even the park had decorated the pathway with carved pumpkins and jack-o-lantern lights hanging from the lamp posts. Though he knew it was probably his imagination getting the better of him, his step quickened. Mikey wondered how much further it was until the end of the path and was fighting over the idea of turning back. He took a deep breath and just carried on with what he was doing.

That is until someone came from behind a tree and scared the life out of him. Mikey jumped and let out a small sound of surprise which would have been louder had he been able to find his voice. He took a few steps back and knew he should probably turn and run, but found that his feet were frozen in place. The cold night air no longer affected him and the blood rushed through his veins. The sound of his heart was beating wildly in his ears. Mikey took his hands out of his pockets and curled them into fists. He was unsure of what to do. The figure seemed male with it's rectangular shape, but it was so dark and the lights offered little help that he wasn't sure. As it drew closer, Mikey could see it was, in fact, a guy walking towards him. His square jaw and heavy black bangs were some of the only visible features in the low light. Another lamp light was a few yards away, awkwardly spaced away from the one Mikey had walked past feet ago.

The male was shorter, but not by enough to give Mikey any comfort. They seemed similarly attired. The male was wearing some type of jacket with dark pants that hugged his legs and lead to boots. The man was smiling, and it put Mikey on edge. Finally, the sound of boots stopped. The man was only a few feet away and seemed to be looking him over. His hands were in his pockets, and this worried Mikey who thought he would pull out a weapon at any moment.

“A little late to be walking through the park...don't you think?” The man spoke softly, but his voice still carried in the silence. He took a hand out of his pocket to mess with his dark hair that had come to lay over his eyes. He pushed it aside with a sweeping motion and smiled. The light reflected off unusually large canines, and Mikey felt a now familiar chill go up his spine.

“Uh...hah...yeah...er.” Mikey fumbled over his words. They seemed to stick in his throat like gooey marshmallows and he was starting to have trouble breathing. Why was he still standing there? It seemed like his legs had abandoned him and he had no choice but stand there stupidly in front of the stranger.

“What's your name?” The man took a step closer. He was starting to close the distance between them and to compensate Mikey managed to take a half step back. The stranger noticed and stopped walking towards him.

Why does he want to know my name? So he knows who he's about to murder? Okay, don't think about that. Maybe if I cooperate he'll let me go. Stupid. He's not holding me hostage. But he could have a weapon. He probably would have pulled it out by now...right? Mikey's brain was in overdrive as he analyzed his current situation. “I g-go by Mikey...” He coughed, clearing his throat to try and mask why he had fumbled over his words.

“Ah. Well, Mikey, I'm Frank.” He stepped forward and extended the hand that had previously moved his hair. Frank was now mere feet away from Mikey and this did not go over well with Mikey's brain.

Why is he so close? He's going to eat you. No, that's ridiculous. Is it? Yes....maybe...oh god. Why didn't I just walk home? Should I touch his hand? What if he has poison or something on it? This is so ridiculous. I'm a grown man. Okay. It's a simple handshake. A normal, friendly gesture when you meet someone. Perfectly. Normal. Except when you walk out from behind a tree at midnight in a park. Okay. Shake his hand. That's it. Mikey extended his hand and gripped Frank's. It was a cold and slightly clammy handshake. The clammy part coming from his own sweat drenched hand. The other's hand was unusually cold, even for the weather. This didn't help with Mikey's speculations. He quickly returned his hand to his hoodie pouch and uneasily shifted his weight.

“You don't have somewhere to be tonight, Mikey?” Frank's voice had turned to a low, husky rumble. His hazel eyes were intent on Mikey's face. He seemed unaffected by the cold, while Mikey was starting to shiver from the dropping temperatures.

“Oh well, I...er...well. About that. I just t-thought it w-would be nice to t-take a w-walk?” Mikey just wanted to go home. He had had enough of this park. Of Frank. Of being scared witless. He wanted a warm cup of something, anything and to sleep. The cold was starting to seep into every fiber of him.

“Fair enough. Well, this was fun. I'll be seeing you around, Mikey.” The way the words rolled off his tongue unsettled Mikey as if it were a promise and not simply a statement made to him. Frank smiled, winked, and walked past Mikey brushing past his shoulder. He could hear Frank whistling as he walked away, and he didn't move until he couldn't hear the whistling any longer.

My god, what. The. HELL. Was that? I don't even. He came out of no where? And what kind of thing is that to leave on? I'll be seeing you around? UGH. I don't want to see him around. Ever. I'm alive. It's all good. With that Mikey began his walk home this time at triple the speed of his normal stride.

A/N: This ends this chapter. Hope you liked it. The next one will be up soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story