Categories > Original > Romance > Use Me and Abuse Me

A Present

by SooperTrooper 0 reviews

Jay apologises

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-06-13 - Updated: 2006-06-13 - 528 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3 A Present



There was a knock at the door, Jay froze. For a quick second I saw his eyes flicker with panic. Then, as if remembering something, he calmed. He stood swiftly and headed towards the door.

I quickly scooted off the couch and ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I put the toilet seat down and sat on top of it. Muffled voices echoed from outside. After a few moments, I heard the door close and silence filled the air. There was a soft knock at the bathroom door. "Felicia...I...look, I'm sorry."

"Good, you should be," I shot back. Tears threatened to fall.

He sighed loudly. "Don't be like that. Please. I got a little carried away, I guess."

I stood up and sat back down with my back against the door. I could feel the cold tiles through my pants. He knew I was there. The tips of his fingers slip under the door. I touched them gently. "Sorry," his whispered. He pulled his hand back and stood from his spot on the floor outside. "Please come out now?" he said softly.

I stood and unlocked the door. Opening it slightly, I peeked around the corner. Jay stood in front of me, his face was somber. I rushed towards him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Don't do that ever again," I said into his chest.

"I wont," his voice cracked.

He pulled away slightly and smiled. Jay grabbed my hand and led me to the couch where a relatively small box sat. The wrapping paper was a deep green and there was a small white bow in the corner. Beside he bow was a small piece of paper with writing that I couldn't make out from the distance.

I looked from the box to Jay and back again. "Go, on. Open it." His deep blue eyes twinkled with excitement.

I picked up the box. The card by the bow read "Don't ever forget me." I carefully unwrapped the box and lifted the lid. Inside sat a dog-tag shaped medallion on a leather string. "Cia" was engraved on the front. That was Jay's nickname for me. On the back it said "J-eh" with a heart. That was my nickname for him.

I smiled softly as I held it in my hand. It brought back so many memories. I felt the couch sink as Jay sat beside me. "Don't cry." He said, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me into a hug. I kissed him and hugged him tight. "you didn't have to buy me anything." I said, I felt a single tear roll down my face and land on my lip.

"I know, but I wanted to. Now put it on." He took it from my hands and as I held my hair up, he fastened it around my neck.

"Thank you," I said quietly. He held me for a while. Nobody talked, but it wasn't a awkward type of silence. More peaceful and relaxing.

"Jaaay. I'm hungry." I whined. Jay laughed lightly.

"Let's go out for lunch then," he said, standing up and pulling me with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story