Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Bulletproof Heart - Sequel to If You Were Here

I'm Who I've Got To Be

by x-BreeLynn-xz 1 review

Avril stresses over wedding plans, a fiance who's always busy, and about not being able to make decisions with Frank. Will a trip baby shopping change that?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-30 - Updated: 2011-11-01 - 2095 words

1Ambiance
Heres the sequel. I really hope you like it. I'll hopefully be posting everyday I hope. I already have the second chappter typed into a word document so I shall post that one tomorrow. But I insist to have several reviews first. So please Read, Rate, and Review for an update.

-------------------------------

Scattered around the kitchen table laid several different wedding-planning magazines. I was about to pull my hair out. I never realized that planning a wedding with Frank would be so hard. The only thing we had decided on was a fall wedding, besides that we were still at a stand still. I couldn’t even get him to come to a decision of the colors. He wanted orange and blank, basically a Halloween theme. I mean don’t get me wrong the colors are nice together and I like Halloween and all but they just weren’t colors for me. Plus Frank wasn’t being much of a help either considering him and the boys were always at the studio recording for their new album. I was quiet annoyed considering it was his idea to get married as soon as possible, yet its kind of hard to plan a wedding when the groom never has the time. I picked up my phone and decided to text Shorty and have her come to my rescue. In no time I got a reply back saying she’d be over in no time. After the tour Frank and I decided to move out into an apartment together until we found a house of our own, which was another thing that was really starting to annoy me. We hadn’t been house shopping in weeks. Also the baby is due next month and we’re not even prepared for that. I guess its true what they say, dating a rock star is not all its cracked up to be. Especially when you’re expecting a baby and planning a wedding. We had though; found out that we are expecting a baby girl. Even though I was stressing about the whole ordeal I was still excited to be marrying the love of my life.

I heard the front door open and close then Shorty’s voice filled the quietness of the house “Avril?”
“I’m in the kitchen.” I said
She walked into the kitchen, took one look at me and frowned “Man Avril, you look like shit.”
“Thanks.” I said with a frown. “All this weight that has been put on me is really starting to drain me.”
She walked over and gave me a quick embrace before taking a seat beside me. “It looks as if you haven’t slept in days.”
“I really haven’t.” I said putting my hand on my protruding stomach “I can’t seem to get comfortable at night, and even if I do she starts to kick.”
Shorty smiled and placed her hand below mine “Now little one Mommy needs her beauty sleep. Especially if she wants to keep up with your hyperactive father.”
I giggled, “Yes. He has all the energy but never wants to put it towards something productive, especially towards anything that deals with our wedding.”
“I’m guessing he has yet to make a decision at all?” She said
“Nope. We have gotten nowhere.” I said with a sigh “I just wish he didn’t have to be at the flippin studio all the time.”
“Yeah I know.” She said, “Mikey comes home at night and just crashes. We haven’t spent time together in weeks.”
”That about all I get from Frank too.” I said
“I think what we need is a nice evening with our men.” She said
“That would be wonderful.” I said “Cause we never even cuddle anymore. He comes home and crawls into bed and passes out. Then I’m up all night and by the time I wake up he’s already gone.”
Just then my phone vibrated with a message from Frank. “Speak of the devil..”
”And the devil shall come?” Shorty finished
I smiled at her. “Yep. Oh! They got out early, they’re all on their way home.” I said, which heighten my mood.
“Oh goody!” Shorty said jumping up. “I hate to cut this visit short but I think you understand.”
“Totally.” I said “Besides we’ll see each other tomorrow considering you and the girls are coming dress shopping with me in the city.”
”Yes I shall see you tomorrow sister.” She said giving me a hug. “You take care of yourself tonight. And try and get more sleep. Cause you need it girly”
“I know I know.” I said
With that she turned and walked to the door in which came open right as she was reaching for the handle. “Oh hi sis.” Frankie said
“Hello there brother.” She said “Now if you excuse me I was just leaving to go home to my man.” And with that she walked out the door.
I heard his footsteps coming into the kitchen. “There you are my love.” He said coming over and embracing me and kissing my forehead.
“Hey there stranger.” I said with a smile
“You don’t look so good Angel.” He said
“Well I don’t think you’d look so good either if you had all my weight.” I said “You trying carrying a baby and then plan a wedding by yourself.”
“I’m sorry Angel.” He said, “You know I’d help if I wasn’t so busy.”
“I know, but you also got to think. Its all your doing considering you are the one that wanted to have the wedding as soon as possible.”
“I know.” He said, “I had no idea we’d me this busy.”
“Its fine… ahh.”
“What’s wrong?” He asked with wide eyes.
“Oh she’s been kicking the hell outta me lately.” I told him looking down at my stomach
“I can’t believe she’ll be here in less than a month.” He said
“Me either.” I said, “Even though we are no where near ready.”
“What do you mean dear?” He asked
“You do realize we have nothing right?’ I asked “No crib, no bottles, nothing.”
“Oh.” He said, “I know! Get ready dear. We’ll go baby shopping right now.”
“Really?!” I asked smiling
“Yes.” He said, “Who knows when we’ll get out early again. Plus on the way we can discuss wedding plans.”
I got out of my chair and gave him the biggest hug possible. Which was kind of hard considering my belly. Took up to much space between us. I was so happy. An evening with my love shopping for a new addition that would be here shortly; at this point I couldn’t be any more happy with him. Though I did know that if he didn’t start contributing with the load of the wedding I would be postponing all planning until after the album release. Because I wasn’t about to juggle wedding plans and a new born all by myself. That was just not going to happen. I was looking forward to our shopping adventure. I was also ecstatic for my day with the girls tomorrow. Ever since we got back I have had no time to have some much needed girl time. So I was pretty excited.

~Later~

We stood in Babys R us looking at cribs and I was really started to get frustrated because like everything else we couldn’t seem to come to a decision. Suddenly tears threatened my eyes. It felt like all the pressure going on in my life was tearing us apart. Which was definitely not something I wanted to happen. I had him back and the wedding was 10 months away. It was just really hard to plan a wedding in ten months. Frankie turned and looked at me and wrapped his arms around me.
“Av, Angel. What’s wrong?” He asked before kissing my forehead
“I just feel as if we’re drifting apart.” I told him wiping my eye.
“Oh Angel.” He said, “How could you think such a ridiculous thing?”
“Because we can’t seem to make a decision together.” I told him frustration definitely in my voice “I mean how are we suppose to function as a family if we can’t even decide on a baby crib?”
Frank sighed and turned back towards the cribs. “How about this.” He started, “What if we split up. We both choose two cribs that we like the best and then we’ll narrow it down from there.”
A smile spread across my face. He had finally made a decision on something, and all by himself at that.
”I think that’s a wonderful idea.” I told him tightening my grip.
“Then it’s settled.” He said before bringing his hand up to my chin and lifting my head to place a kiss upon my lips. “We shall meet up here when we come to our decisions.”

We split up going our separate ways. All these cribs look pretty but none screamed perfect to me. I had been searching for what seem like forever when I laid eyes on the perfect one. I was black and made of solid wood. It was thick and durable. Which seemed like a perfect fit incase we ever decided to have another one someday. Plus it being black definitely made it unisex. Plus every crib that Frank had pointed out earlier was black. Sometimes I believed that he had a slight obsession with the color. I turned around to see if he was close enough for me to call out. Unfortunately he was way down the line. I pulled out my phone and speed dialed him. It took several rings for him to pick up due to him always having trouble getting his bulky iphone out of his tight jean pockets.
“Yes Angel?” He asked
“Come here.” I told him, “I think I found it.” With that I disconnected and shoved my phone back in my pocket. In no time he was at my side smiling. I turned around and pointed at the crib and his eyes lit up.
“Angel it is perfect.” He said putting his arms around me.
I looked at him our eyes meeting for a few seconds before crashing our lips together. After breaking apart he smiled down at me.
“You know what love?” I asked him
“Yes Angel?” He responded
“We finally made a perfect decision together.” I said
“Yes, yes we did.” He said, “And Angel. I promise to become more committed with our wedding plans and come to decisions with you.”
“Thank you Frank.” I told him pulling myself closer to him
“You welcome Avril.” He said

We pulled apart and Frank walked over and got the cart and brought it over so that he could slide the box onto the bottom rack. He struggled a little but he managed to get it on there.
“Is it too heavy?” I asked him worried we wouldn’t be able to get it into the back of his pickup truck.
“No its fine Angel.” He said, “Nothing to worry about.”
I smiled, and with that we went and paid for our stuff and walked out to the truck. As he was getting the crib into the bed of the truck I was taking the bags out of the cart and placing them into the cab. I was grateful he had a back seat in his truck with doors to boot. Cause all I had was a Eclipse and it’s going to be a pain in the ass enough with a car seat in that. After we were done he helped me into the truck before walking over and getting in himself. As we pulled out of the parking lot I stared out the window up at the starts being relieved that we were finally making progress as both parents and a couple. I was starting to finally believe that we’d do just fine. Hopefully this progress we have made keeps progressing and that we don’t hit a snag anytime soon because we gotta get our buts into gear if we’re going to plan the most perfect wedding in the next 10 months. Plus I was going to need all the help I could get from him once this baby came. But for once in the past couple days I was worry and stress free, and boy did it feel good.
Sign up to rate and review this story