Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Bulletproof Heart - Sequel to If You Were Here

Someone Get Me To A Doctor

by x-BreeLynn-xz 1 review

The stress of dress shopping starts to get Avril down. She finally finds the perfect dress when contractions hit.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-11-01 - Updated: 2011-11-01 - 1643 words

1Exciting
Short chapter but you know me, I'm all about cliffhangers. Haha. Please read, rate, and review. Also want to take this time to say that I hope everyone had a wonderful Ieroween. hehe I know I did. haha Anyways, enjoy.

--------------

I woke up and rolled over to face a still sleeping Frank. I lifted my head to look over him at the clock, which caused me to slam my head back down on my pillow. I had only been asleep for an hour and the baby was already deciding it was kick mommy time. I put my hand on my stomach and sighed.
“Really sweetheart?” I said, “Mommy would really like to sleep.”
I slid over and nudged Frankie causing him to roll onto his back. I cuddled up to him lying on my side and placed my head on chest. He wrapped his arm around me and placed his hand on my side. He lifted his head to kiss my forehead which made me jump a little cause I hadn’t realized that he was awake. Usually when I did this he didn’t seem to wake up.
“She kicking you again?’ He said, his voice squeaking a little.
“As always.” I told him, ”Honestly I seriously can’t wait till she’s born.”
“It’ll go from her kicking you awake to her crying you awake.” He said
“Yeah but at least we can take turns to calm her.” I told him, “With her in my belly all I can do is just deal with it and lose sleep.”
“I’m sorry love.” He said
“Hey not just your fault.” I told him “Its as much mine as it is yours.”
He smiled at me “I don’t think she was an accident either.” He told me “She was a gift that brought us back together.”
With that comment I couldn’t help but kiss him. That simple little comment just made me feel a whole lot better. After our kiss I settled down to realize she has stopped stirring. So we cuddled up together and fell back asleep in each other’s arms.

~Later~

We all sat in the wedding dress shop waiting for someone to come assist me. I literally had all the girls with me: Shorty, Jaz, Lila, and Steph. I knew this was going to be the hardest decision for me to make since I couldn’t have Franks opinion of it being that the groom isn’t suppose to see the dress until I’m walking down the isle in it. I was just glad I had the bestest friends in the whole world to come and assist me in this decision.

“So Av, do you have any idea what kind of dress your looking for?” Jaz asked
“Well I know I want it to be strapless and something with color..” I said to them
“I like the sound of that.” Steph said to me.
“Sounds amazing.” Lila spoke up.
“I just hope we find something. I rather not run all over looking.” I told them

We had made a special trip to New York city to try and find myself a dress. I already know its going to be hard enough with my belly protruding to really know how its going to look without the baby. I’m just glad that I barely had a stomach even though I was just about to have her. I’m just glad that she was healthy even if I wasn’t big. Just means less baby weight to lose. I just wanted to get this part over with cause I knew as soon as the baby came dress shopping would be out of the question.

Finally after waiting for what seemed like forever a blonde lady with a warm smile walked up to me.
“You must be Avril.” She said extending her hand. “yep its me, did my belly give it away?”
She blushed “No. Actually its because you look so much like your brother.”
I raised my eyebrow in a questioning expression. “Umm.”
She left out a shy laugh “My daughter is a big fan of their band.” She said “She has their posters all over her room so seeing your last name on the paper and then seeing you I put two and two together in my head.”
“Oh.” I said giggling, “Makes sense anyhow cause Mikey and I are twins.”
“Well then that explains the big resemblance.” She said, “Anyhow, what kind of dress do you have in mind?”

I proceeded to tell her the same thing I told the girls earlier but in a little bit more detail. I wanted something long strapless, and the edges to be in color. She then leaded me to a dressing room. After what seemed like hours I had tried on at least fifteen dresses but couldn’t seem to find one that suited me. I walked out in the sixteenth and the girls took one look and all shook their heads. I turned to look in the mirrors.
“Yeah it didn’t talk to me either.” I told them, “Man am I ever going to find a dress.”
Suddenly a man in a suit walked up to me and smiled “Hello Mrs. Way.” He said extending his arm “I’m Mr. Steel the owner.”
”Hello Mr. Steel.” I said shaking his hand
“I hear your having a though time.” He said
“Yeah I am. I just can’t seem to find a dress that suits me.” I told him
“I think I have one that may be just up your alley. Follow me.” He said taking my hand and helping me off the pedestal. I followed him in the dressing room and he took the dress off the hook it was on and showed it to me. It was perfect. It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
“Oh my. Its literally perfect.” I told him
“I knew it was you as soon as I saw it.” He said,
It was long, strapless, and the edging colors was a mahogany color. Perfect for a fall wedding. Which made me think I think I found a color that would go perfect with Frankie’s choice of orange. After I got into the dress I walked out with the biggest smile on my face and stepped up onto the pedestal and turned to look at my friends. They all pretty much had the same expression on their faces but it was Lila who spoke up.

“Avril it’s amazing.” She said, “Its totally you.”
“Yes I agree” Shorty said.
“Then it’s settled. It’s the dress for you.” Steph said
I turned back around to look into the mirror and smiled. I was glad to have found the perfect dress and at our first try of stores at that. I couldn’t be happier, but suddenly my smile faded as a contraction hit me.
“Oh.” I said grabbing my stomach
“What’s wrong?” Jaz said jumping up and running to my side,
“A contraction.” I said looking at her suddenly another one hit me, “Ahh!.”
”Av, maybe we should get you to a hospital.” Lila said.
“Yeah I think we should.” I told them walking back to change, which took me every bit of energy I had.

~Shorty’s POV~

“We’ll be back to pick up the dress later if everything goes alright at the hospital.” I told the owner
“No worries.” He said “I’ll put it on hold.” He told me smiling.
Avril walked out and I ran over to her grabbing her hand, “Now lets get you out of here.”
We walked out of the shop and got to the vehicle as fast as we could. “Jaz you drive.” I said throwing my keys at her. Steph and I got into the back with Av as Jaz took the drivers seat and Lila in the passengers seat then we made our way to the nearest hospital.
“Shorty?” Av asked me
“Yes Sis.” I asked her back. She was obviously in pain and I felt so bad that there was really nothing I could do at that moment.
“Please call Frank and tell him to get here fast.” She said before cringing at another contraction.
“Gottcha” I said pulling out my phone and dialing Frank. The first try was a fail but I tried again to it also being a fail. “Damn it brother answer your phone.” I screamed trying again, success!
“Shorty?” He asked
“Frank oh my god.” I fumbled “You need to get to New York right now!”
“What? Why?” He said
“Just get here.” I screamed
“Wait!” He said, “Avril! Oh my god is she okay?”
“We’re on our way to the hospital Frank, she started having contractions.” I told him
“Seriously?!’ He said “Oh my god! GUYS WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE AV IS ON HER WAY TO THE HOSPITAL SHES HAVING CONTRACTIONS!”
“We’re on our way.” He said before disconnecting.
“He’s on his way.” I told Avril. “Don’t worry Sis everything will we fine he’ll make it in time.”
Gosh I really hoped he did. I knew if she were really going to have this baby that she would want Frank to be there. I just couldn’t believe this was happening. It was way to soon she wasn’t due till next month. At this point I was just hoping that everything was okay with the baby. But everything will be resolved soon once at the hospital.


-----------------------------------
Oh and here's the link to the dress for better visual. =D

http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=4c5bde25-163e-4c41-ab90-a1fc843a2373&categoryID=8b186130-0d63-4e3c-ac5c-aea0d9566e1c&pg=1&colorId1=
Sign up to rate and review this story