Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Savior of The Broken, The Beaten and The Damned

Chapter 4: Positivity

by TheatreGeek 0 reviews

Jenny realises that her view on life is much, much different from Gerard's.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-11-03 - Updated: 2011-11-03 - 533 words

1Ambiance
We began sitting together every art lesson, laughing joking like we'd known eachother for years. For the first time in my life I actually felt relaxed at school, felt that someone actually gave a damn about what I had to say.
We were sat together at lunch one day, and my english teacher passed us on the way out of the cafeteria. " You're looking happier today Jenny!" He said, smiling broadly.
"Yeah, thanks Mr Peterson" I replied, supressing a laugh at Gerard's expression.
"That's good. I trust Gerard here isn't being a bad influence on you is he?" I laughed, shaking my head. Mr P turned to Gerard, “ and Mr Way, are you okay? Coping alright?” I saw the teacher’s expression change dramatically. Where he’d given me a smile and a satisfied expression, he gave Gerard an almost pitying look. “I’m doing great sir, thanks.”
“Alright. Keep working hard, boy.” Mr P said, heading off to put away his plate.
“What was all that about?” I asked, studying Gerard’s face for an answer. He simply laughed and finished off his sandwich. “Oh nothing important, just homework stuff and being stressed. He does that to everyone”
“Oooh I get it.” I nodded, getting up from my chair and throwing the remains of my sandwich in the trash. I didn’t really believe him but what else could it be?
-----------
A couple of girls stared at us as we headed out of school at the end of the day. They glared at me, looking me up and down, taking in my hair and my chipped black nails. One stifled a giggle, her perfectly manicured hand over her mouth, the other simply smirked and nudged her friend. They then looked at Gerard and their eyes widened slightly. He simply smiled at them and then at me, carrying on towards the rusty school gates. “ What’s with his hair?” I heard one whisper, and the other shrugged. As I followed him out onto the street I turned to Gerard quizzically, “ Why do you let them whisper about you? Doesn’t it upset you that they’re talking behind your back?” He shook his head, running a hand through his short hair,
“ Nah, not really. Life’s too short to take everything to heart, I prefer to just live every day to the fullest.” He says it so simply and matter of factly that I stop walking and think over what he’s just said. “I’ve never thought of it like that.”
“Haven’t you? I think it’s the best way to get through life.” I managed to catch up with him and he ruffled my hair, “ Don’t let those bitchy girls get you down. You’re 100% better than they will ever be.” I looked up at him and smiled properly. Gerard was only a year older than me and he had everything sorted. He didn’t give a shit what anyone thought of him, that’s what I liked about him. Unfortunately, I didn’t think I would ever be as positive with my outlook on life as Gerard, my life was too fucked up, too confusing, too lonely.
Sign up to rate and review this story