Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Savior of The Broken, The Beaten and The Damned

Chapter 3: Friend

by TheatreGeek 1 review

It can be strange when you get something you've never had

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-29 - Updated: 2011-10-29 - 499 words

1Insightful
Hi I typed back slowly, No, not really...

GerardWay: Ahh, I see. Like I said, you're really talented :D
JennyMcD: Um..thanks :) I draw on my wall in my room, but my mum and dad get really pissy about it :P
GerardWay: A bit of rebellion is always good :D lol
JennyMcD: Yeah, I guess :) I laughed to myself. It felt good to actually talk to someone who understood, but I still didn't understand why he was actually talking to me.
JennyMcD: I know this sounds rude but why are you talking to me? No one else does...
GerardWay: Well, you were on your own in the art lesson, your artwork was amazing and you look like an interesting person. I like talking to interesting people. Okay? :D
He thought I was interesting? God, he must be crazy. But I could say exactly the same thing about him, he looked interesting, and when I walked past him in the art room his artwork had looked equally amazing.
JennyMcD: Oh, okay. Thanks :) You're really interesting too
"Jenny! Come downstairs now please!" dad called. I rolled my eye and quickly typed:
JennyMcD: Sorry, I have to go and play Happy Families. See ya :P
GerardWay: K, see you around school tomorrow! :)

I was forced to watch some terrible programme for the next hour, then went to bed. The next morning brought with it a sharp frost, making my walk to school prctically impossible. When I eventually arrived in my art lesson everyone else was already at work. "Sorry I'm late Mrs Tine..." I said, shuffling over to my table, my head down. It wasn't until I dumped my heavy school bag on the table that I realised that someone was sat next to my seat.
"Morning Jenny McDonald!"
I sighed and put my newly covered art book on the table, "You don't have to always say my full name you know, you can just call me Jenny..."
He smiled and nodded "Sure, Jenny. You don't mind me sitting here do you?"
"No, no it's fine" I replied, smiling a little. I looked over his piece of art and my eyes nearly fell out. "Wow! Your painting is amazing!" I leaned across him and took in all the details. It was an amazing black and red spindly tree, with little eyes poking out from the shadows. It was dark, haunting and somehow very romantic. "Thanks. It's alright I guess, I'm hoping to spend a lot more time on it." He said thoughtfully, his brown eyes narrowing in concentration as he carefully applied some red watercolour paint to the paper. I forced myself to take my eyes from the artwork underneath his paintbrush and turned them to mine. It felt comforting, sitting there sketching with someone by my side. It felt much better than always sitting alone. We chatted, complimenting eachother and offering advice. By the end of the lesson, I thought we could have been considered friends, something I've never had before.
Sign up to rate and review this story