Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Human Wreckage

High School

by swordfish_goddess 2 reviews

its a story of mikey's life in association with the development of the band and his feelings on it. i swear its more interesting than it sounds.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-11-02 - Updated: 2011-11-03 - 693 words

1Original
I sat in the single desk at the back of the classroom. This was where I always sat, not out of choice but if I sat next to a fellow class "mate", they would swiftly move away.
I was in geography first period on a Monday morning. The teacher droned on about results in our last land management test. Geography was something I hated nearly as much as P.E., it is a boring subject that leads to lame jobs and I am terrible at it. I was not excited to see my test results, I hope I fail.
At the front of the class sat the squeaky little bimbo sluts that flirt with the teacher all lesson and get extra marks for their flexibility. Behind them were the jocks with balls as heads who loved to watch the girls from behind. Perverts. Everyone else were just average students who achieved average grades and sucked up to the popular kids so they have average social lives. Then there's me. The loser.
As the teacher handed out the tests, the class erupted in talk about results. The paper hit my desk harder than I expected and I looked up. The teacher had a stern look on his face.
"you may want to take tests more seriously Mr. Way, otherwise people may assume you don't have a future."
My stomach dropped. I felt sadness well deep inside me. So what? I thought. What if I don't want a future? My anger started to build. The teacher had no right in telling me how much of a failure he thinks I am.
As he walked off I looked down at my test. I felt nervous. I knew I had failed but a sad and lonely glimmer of hope flitted into the shadows. I had drawn pictures of supervillians and torture machines all over the test and the last page of the test didn't make any sense to me so, in big red letters I had written 'How should I know?'.
I flipped back to the front. There was no comment, just a mark... 3/20. Disappointment weighed me down. Tears tried pushing through but I wouldn't let them. At least it wasn't a zero.
"YES!"
The class went silent.
"Rebel!" One of the jocks said sarcastically.
"Aren't you cool for deliberately failing a test." The head bimbo said with even more sarcasm. "Do you think that will make you cool in the real world?"
"He can try all he wants," Another jock piped up. "He's never gonna be cool. He's 'Way not-cool'!"
The class erupted in laughter. Even the teacher laughed at that call.
I felt more alone than I had ever felt before. Normally the teacher would feel sorry for me and quieten the class down, protecting me from their attacks but this teacher just sat and laughed along with the class. I felt like knifing him. And every stupid member of this unfeeling class. I was so angry at them for making me feel so embarrassed about myself, hate myself even. I couldn't take this anymore.
I stood up and the class went silent again. I picked up my bag and my test and left the room. I could hear the class explode in laughter again as I walked down the hall.
I walked out the back of the school and down the street to a broken post in the fence. I took off my bag and threw it in then crawled in after it. This little nest in the bushes was my escape.
I picked up my test again and began to rip at it. As I got more vicious I felt a sharp pain in the end of my finger. Fuck, a paper cut, I thought. The pain was surprisingly soothing. I dug the paper deeper and watched it soak up the blood. Stop it, stop it! It hurts you psycho, do you want to be more of a loser? I finished ripping the paper and dug a hole to bury it in.
My stomach rumbled so I curled up in a ball on the grass and waited for Gerard to bring lunch.
Sign up to rate and review this story