Categories > Anime/Manga > Neon Genesis Evangelion > He who waits

Dinner

by nicolaigerdesknudsen 0 reviews

Now everybody goes for dinner. But what will happen at the dinner?

Category: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Asuka Langley Soryu,Misato Katsuragi,Pen-Pen,Rei Ayanami,Ritsuko Akagi,Shinji Ikari - Published: 2011-11-08 - Updated: 2011-11-08 - 2352 words

0Unrated
FIRST OFF! I don’t own ANYTHING of the Neon Genesis universe! This all belong to Gainax, and their respective distributors.
Btw ( “ ” ) means someone said it, ( ‘ ’) meaning someone thought it!
Hope you enjoy!
*]
[*

Chapter 5

As they came into the restaurant, Asuka asked Rei if they could talk a bit.
Rei looked puzzled, and so did the rest of the group, but she agreed, and the rest of the group continued on towards a free table, which would fit the rather sizeable group of 6 people. Well that’s of cause including Pen-Pen, Misato’s pet penguin.

“I just want to… This is so hard! I’m… sorry, for being upset about you… ordering Shinji around… it’s just-“
“No need, pilot Soryu, I might not have feelings for Shinji-kun, but I still understand enough from the books I’ve read to understand how love affects you.”
“Hoooold on now! I don’t love Shi-“
“You do” Rei said, with a small smile. “You may not want to admit it, but you have. Everyone seems to have noticed, except for Shinji-kun. Pilot Soryu, we should go get food, instead of talking. My body is starving.” She started to turn away, and had done half a turn when Asuka said something again.

“Uhm, Rei?” “Yes?” Rei said, turning to face Asuka again. “Thanks… for defending us out there” “No need pilot Soryu, that’s what friends are for. Or so I have read.”
Asuka looked at Rei turn around and thought to herself.
‘Maybe she’s not such a doll after all… I might HAVE to spend some time with her, trying to get through that hard shell of hers… But once I do, maybe I can gain a good friend in her…’

Rei and Asuka went to the table where the others were sitting.
“What was that all about” Misato asked, grinning from a joke Pen-Pen had just told. (The penguin can’t actually talk, but it’s very intelligent and can make hand signs, to talk for it.)

“Pilot Soryu wanted to apologize for her outburst during the fight against the angel, and for me defending her and Shinji, when you were… teasing I believe it’s called?”
Asuka instantly got as red as her hair, and looked down into the table.
She felt a hand grabbing hers under table, and she looked to see who’s hand I was.
‘Wow this feels nice’ Shinji thought to himself, as he grabbed Asuka’s hand under the table. ‘Got to make sure she doesn’t find out I’m holding her hand, or she might explode though’ he looked at Asuka, and saw that she knew it was him holding her hand. She smiled at him, looking happy.

Shinji’s heart went nuts, hammering towards his chest, and moving all blood towards his face.
“What’s wrong Shinji?” Misato asked, looking at him with a grin. “Thinking some naughty thoughts?” Her grin grew wider.
“What are naughty thoughts?” Rei asked.
“Uhm. Well you see…” Misato said, looking around at the group helplessly.
The others laughed at her problem, all looking happy, that it was not them needing to explain it to Rei.

While Misato was explaining, Asuka leaned near Shinji’s ear, and whispered to him.
“We need to talk when we get back home. And don’t let go of my hand. I like this very much” in the end she squeezed Shinji’s hand, and smiled a puzzling smile.
“So if I think about me and Ikari-kun having sex, it is a naughty thought?” They heard Rei say.
“WHAT?!” Asuka and Shinji said nearly at the same time, both getting red in the face, but not of the same reasons.
“Hahaha, you look cute Shinji! Yes it is Rei” Misato said, grinning happily, now that the nearly hopeless job, of explaining naughtiness to Rei had passed.

Rei looked a bit puzzled.
"When i think of sex with Ikari-kun, it makes me feel nice. Is it that normal?"
"Well well. Asuka, seems like you have competition" Misato said, grinning, but also looking at Rei, absorbing in the girls face. "Yes Rei it is normal for someone to feel like that, if the person you imagine sex with, is a person you like"
"I... Think I understand" Rei said, looking around, blushing under everyone's eyes.

'I wonder, if Asuka can keep Shinji or if Rei might get him'
Ritsoku thought to herself.
‘And I wonder if Asuka really is in love with Shinji… Well, one way to find out… And that is to wait…’
“Hey Misato?” Ritsoku said “Where’s the food? It seems to be taking an awful lot of time for them to make it… I’m starving” “me too!” Pen-Pen seemed to say, flapping its wings hopelessly.
‘Hmm… I DO WANT Shinji… But is it love? Maybe I should speak with Hikari tomorrow…’ Asuka thought.
“Well… It usually helps ORDERING the food, before expecting it” Misato said, grinning.
In her hand she had a menu, filled with delicious food.
“Hmm… Let’s see… I’ll have a Double Beef Burger… and 2 glasses of beer” Misato said, looking happy.

While the others were ordering, Misato noticed Shinji and Asuka only had one hand up on the desk.
‘Wonder were the other is… NO! THEY CAN’T BE!’ She looked at them with a look of fury on her face.
“Shinji? What are you doing under the table?” Misato asked Shinji, looking at him quite angry, not knowing what was really going on.
She didn’t quite know what was going on, but she had her own idea.
Shinji immediately went blushing red, within a moment’s notice, and so did Asuka.
“N-Nothing!” Shinji said, blood rushing towards his face. Asuka were also looking quite red, but she still had the guts to stand up against Misato.
“Just what are you implying Misato?!” She asked looking quite embarrassed.
“YOU DAMN WELL KNOW WHAT I’M IMPLYING! KEEP YOUR HANDS UP ON THE TABLE AT ALL TIMES!” She yelled at her.
“O-okay” Shinji said, looking to Asuka, saying with his impression to stop it at that.

Finally the food arrived, and they all started eating happily, goofing in food.
None could beat Asuka when she was hungry. She was a flurry of hands, fork and knife, and mouth, ordering 2 more times, before the others were finished eating their dinner.
The others could only look at her eat, with a look between impressed, and disgusted.

“I will have to go now” Rei said, looking at the others with her emotionless face.
“Me and Shinji could follow you home, COULDN’T WE SHINJI?” Asuka said, staring at Shinji, with a very clear look of death in her eyes, should he refuse.
“Su-Sure” Shinji stuttered.

The 3 pilots got up, thanked for the food, and went for the door, to grab their stuff.
Rei looked at Asuka, not knowing how to thank her.
“Don’t think about it… Rei” Asuka said, looking at Rei with happiness in her face.
‘I wonder what this feeling is. Could it be… love? It sure feels like the books I have read about the subject” Rei thought to herself, still without an expression on her face.

Once they were out, Asuka grabbed Reis hand, to the surprise of both Shinji and Rei, and hold it tight, looking happy. She then looked at Shinji, nodding towards her hand she held out towards him.
Shinji swallowed, and thought ‘I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away I mustn’t run away!’
Grabbing her hand, he felt her weave her fingers in between hers, and he liked it very much.
‘Why is she doing this? I don’t quite understand. But. I guess she’ll tell me later, once we get home… I just hope… she doesn’t reject me again…’ Shinji thought to himself, not noting that they were taking a large detour.

Asuka were walking looking at her feet, thinking.
‘I guess, that I want Shinji for myself, so I better made that clear to Wondergirl! But I don’t want to push Wondergirl away… How am I going to put it?’
Suddenly she felt her hand being squeezed tightly, and she looked at her hand.
Rei had squeezed it, and were now looking at her, signaling that they were at her apartment.
“I wish to talk to you, Pilot Soryu” Rei said, nodding towards her apartment.
“Uhm. Alright. Shinji? Could you wait here?” Asuka asked, giving him another innocent smile, but with a naughty look in her eyes.
“Sure thing” he said. ‘I guess’

Asuka and Rei went up into Rei’s apartment, and Rei surprised Asuka once more, by grabbing her by the shoulders, and looking her deep in the eyes.
“I will not make a move on Pilot Ikari. I love him but- “YOU WHAT?!”
Asuka were flaring up, starting to get pissed.
“Let me finish Pilot Soryu. I love Pilot Ikari, but NOT in the way you think. The love I feel for Ikari, is the love of a guardian. I will do my best to protect him. I only wish you to understand that I feel nothing in the way of Ikari, as you do.”
Rei said, still looking Asuka in the eyes with determination.
“I-I-I only want the best for him, and I’m willing to do anything in my power to ensure that he only gets the best. I-I guess, that you are the best for him right now, but I warn you Pilot Soryu”
Rei said, fire suddenly in her eyes. “If you somehow hurt Shinji again, I will rip you to pieces.”

In the end, her emotionless face had turned red with anger, making her usual nice looking face, into somewhat a demonic expression.
“I-I won’t… I only want the best for Shinji too. I… I think I love him, Rei” Asuka said, not looking away from Rei’s red eyes.
“Well I’m glad that we can agree on that Pilot Soryu” “Please call me Asuka, and drop the Pilot, it’s too formal” Asuka said, smiling to Rei .
“Friends?” Asuka said, extending her hand towards Rei.
Rei looked surprised, but she quickly regained her focus, took Asuka hand, and said “Friends… Asuka”
Suddenly she smiled “If you stop calling me doll and Wondergirl, I’ll be your friend”
She smiled at Asuka, as Asuka drew a relived breath realizing that it wasn’t a very hard request Rei had for her.
“I’ll stop it, I promise. If not for my own sake, then for Shinji’s as he is a friend of yours”
Asuka hugged Rei, and went out the door, leaving behind a very puzzled Rei.

‘What is this feeling? How come so many different feelings are giving to me, all of a sudden?’ Rei thought, sitting down on her bed. ‘This is the same feeling I have with Ika-Shinji… Do I also love Sory-Asuka’ She looked out of the window, without seeing anything.

Shinji however, had just listened to his SDAT-Player. He took it with him everywhere.
Therefore he didn’t hear Asuka sneak up behind him.
Out of nowhere, he felt hands grabbing him, folding on his chest.
A strange sensation went over him, and he gasped, as a feeling off completeness filled him up. He knew the hands belonged to Asuka.
“Sooo. Shinji. Should we go home?” Asuka said, with a honey dripping voice, not letting go off his chest.
“Well… Yeah I guess so…” He answered, pulling out of her embrace, standing up.
“Aww your no fun…” Asuka said, but not in her usual teasing voice. This was more of a loving voice.
“What were you expecting? That I suggested that we went into the park, and humped up against a tree?”
Shinji asked, blushing at the thought.
“Hey! No perverted thoughts yet! Or you won’t be getting ANYTHING from me” Asuka answered.
Her face was also red, blushing at the thought of them doing something like that.

They then turned around, heading home. They were holding hands again, Asuka weaving her fingers into Shinjis.



If Asuka is a bit out of character, I’m sorry. But we all know she’s not such a bitch. I think, at this point it would be good to open up her character, and let her open up a bit more, to Rei. Write if you don’t find this a good idea, and I JUST might change her back to the bitch she usually is. It’s just, that she is my favorite character, and I know that she isn’t such a bitch, it’s just a shell. If you think I broke down her shell to fast, please tell me, and I’ll do something about it. And if you’ve read through all this, I’m going to reward you! I’m going to tell you what is going to happen in the next chapter:D
*]
[Well in next chapter, there’ll be a small lemon scene, for all you guys out there winks*

Another battle (Just what kind of battle?:D), and the new couple will have to work hard. (but not in the way you think. Or is it?) (I love these small notes, I LOVE IT! :D)
*]
[*And please also write to me at: NicolaiGerdesKnudsen@live.dk for suggestion for the storyline, fixes, grammar errors, and the other stuff you’ve been swearing about reading this chapter :D

*]
[*C YA Hopefully at chapter 6 out of hopefully 30…

*]
[*Oh and if you could PLEASE leave a review, I would be the happiest man in the world! (yup, I have no life, and FaceBook – Twitter isn’t really my style:D)

[**]
Sign up to rate and review this story