Categories > Original > Drama > The 'dream' boy...

The Girl.

by katieblathers 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-09 - Updated: 2011-11-09 - 442 words

0Unrated
The girl

(Alternate ending 2)

7.5 million people die from cancer each year. And I was one of many.
When I was 7 years old I was diagnosed with cancer, I had 6 months to live and after a long hard battle of fighting to survive, cancer eventually defeated me.
The truth is, the story I have been telling you is all made up. It’s the life I wish I had. It’s the life I could have had. It’s the life that would have happened if I survived my battle for life between myself and cancer.
I had such a short life. I never experienced true pain. Or true friendship. Or true love. But in this never ending story, they are what are the most important.
A single smile or a single tear can turn someone’s world around in a second.
Some people give life up, never make the most of it. When people are faced with pain they let it get to them and take it for granted. But the people who can’t do these things ask for the bad and the good. They want to hold the world in their hands and not let it go. They want to fall in love and have their heart ripped apart because it’s never happened to them before. They want everything they can’t have.
I’m still Evie-Rose Dumbrell, I’m still the same as I was for those short seven years of my life but I’m not the girl who had formed a long-lasting friendship, I’m not the girl who dreamed, I’m not the girl who found love and I’m not the girl who loved life.
As I tell my tale about the girl who lived, no tears come out of my eyes. No smile spreads across my face. Because I can’t feel those things and I never will.
But to this day I still carry on my story about the girl who tackled cancer and won it. The girl who never said never, the girl who had a best friend, the girl who fell in love.
The girl who was alive.

END OF FANFIC
By the way, I have two endings to the fanfic. I couldn't decide which one to post so I put them both up. Both endings are separate and not related to each other in any way! The other ending is called The End. So, please read that one as well!
Thanks for all the comments and positive feedback. Thanks to CerysAbingdon for helping me with some chapters! And don’t forget to read my other fanfic!
Thanks again. x
Sign up to rate and review this story