Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Letter to trouble

The first strike

by Justforstories 2 reviews

Are the titans really prepared for Cronus like what Hera said, or will Jay and Theresa's disappearance make a difference?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-15 - Updated: 2006-06-15 - 1167 words

1Exciting
I can't believe that i have completed the third one. The fourth is next.

The next day, Jay and Theresa packed up and prepared to leave. The whole team was there to send them off, even though Neil did not want to and seemed to be dragged out of bed by Herry. His shirt was almost torn thus he must have put up a terrific fight.
"You guys would be fine without us?" Archie said.
"Sure no problem, watch out for Cronus though." Jay said.
"You guys take care of each other." Odie said.
"It's not like we are going away or something, Odie. We will come back soon." Theresa commented.
"Archie, you are in charge while I am gone ok?" Jay said
"Sure, you can count on me." Archie said leaving Atlanta very sullen, murmuring something like why is it him.
"Hey Jay, I think you need this more than we do." Herry shouted and threw Jay the driving keys.
"Thanks!" Jay shouted back.
Jay and Theresa were both glad that they do not need to walk all the way. They fetched Herry's truck and drove to the party.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
As the truck was moving in one direction, Cronus' "pet" was moving in the opposite direction. It was moving fast, towards New Olympia. There was also someone riding it. The familiar black business suit and those two golden sickles, there was no mistake it was Cronus.
"Next stop, New Olympia and the place where the titans will be defeated" Cronus muttered to himself.
Before long Cronus had reached the city, however he told the monster to stay low for a while. The monster kept on wanting to attack as it could see easy preys roaming the streets. It can't wait to sink its teeth into those fleshes and eat them alive.
"Not now my precious pet, not them. Wait for my plan." Cronus said petting it.
That did not work though; the monster was trying to attack the nearest human already. Cronus put it on a tighter leash and held it back. Then he cut some of his blood forming gruesome monsters. There was about five of them with an entire army of giants behind them.
"You three lure the titans out to the park. Then double back and deal with the gods." Cronus said pointing to three of the creatures. They had a slight resemblance to the tyrannosaurus in the museum.
Since, they had their orders thus they went into action. Cronus then diverts his attention to the other two.
"You two, scoop up a few giants and get to Jay. Make sure that their party will be a blast. Divide and conquer. Go!" Cronus ordered.
The other two looked like giant mice with a scorpion's tail. The creatures obey and left quickly in pursuit of Jay and Theresa.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Then back at the school, the remaining five titans were having their lunch.
"I wonder what old Cronus has been up to; there is no sign of his movements lately." Odie said thoughtfully.
"Maybe he has given up and decides the perfect way to surrender to us." Neil joked and everyone laughed except Archie.
"Or maybe he is creating monsters like those three to deal with us." Archie said pointing to outside where the whole city is in total chaos.
"Ya perhaps" Atlanta said as everyone returned to their lunch.
Then suddenly everyone stopped eating. What Archie said was right, Cronus has been devising a plan. The titans were so busy joking that they did not notice the canteen was already empty. The monsters were already charging into the school, coming right straight for them.
"Duck" Archie screamed and everyone dived for the ground as the monster attacked.
It had cleanly swept the whole area with the swing of its tail. The titans dodged in time but the monster was back for more. This time rather than trying to hit all of them in one go; it decided to go for individual targets, in this case Atlanta. It used its claws to try to scratch Atlanta but its claws were tied by Archie's whip. Archie pulled with all his might, but all he did was to agitate the monster. The monster swung him around like a lasso before slamming him into a wall.
"Archie!" Atlanta screamed as the wall collapsed on Archie.
"You hurt my friends you are going to pay." Herry said rushing forward.
The monster punched him back as easily and caused him to skid across the floor. Neil tried throwing the chairs at the monster, but it failed too. The chairs were easily caught in midair and thrown back at Neil and Odie. Then the monsters all left reluctantly according to plan. After they left, the titans pick themselves up, as Herry started moving the boulders away to save Archie. Atlanta helped too and soon all the boulders were moved away. Archie was badly injured but he appeared to be conscious. Odie felt his wrist and said.
"He's still alive but his pulse is weak. Luckily his leg brace prevented the worst from coming."
"Look, he is coming around." Atlanta said as Archie eyes opened slowly.
"We must..." Archie was struggling to talk.
"Easy Arch, you took a hard hit." Herry said pulling him up to his feet.
"I'm fine. What about you guys?" Archie said massaging his head as there was a bruise there.
"With the exceptional of a few injuries, we seemed to be alright." Odie replied.
"Good we need to give chase to the monster. We need to know what Cronus is up to." Archie exclaimed.
"That's if we know which way they went." Neil commented as the monsters were already gone.
"That won't be a problem. The only thing is how to fight them." Atlanta said as she pointed to the ground. The monsters body must have been so heavy that they left big foot prints in the road.
"Judging by that they ought to be pretty heavy." Archie said thoughtfully.
"Then the simplest theory would be that the heavier they are, the harder they fall." Odie mentioned as he start taking out equipments.
He gave Neil a spell binding rope which is unbreakable and has a mind of its own. Atlanta got a light pistol with several tranquilizers which would work on any opponent. Odie had an electronic staff which gives out bolts of lightning at times. Archie got his whip and Herry...
"Hey what do I get?" Herry asked thinking that Odie left him out on purpose.
"Your greatest weapon would be your strength so you do not need one. All these equipments were borrowed from several gods so don't break it." Odie said proudly.
"Alright, time to give chase to those creatures." Archie shouted as they raced after them. Little did they know that they were falling into a trap which Cronus had set for them. This trap will not be as simple as the other traps before, this could cause them their lives.


Please R & R
Sign up to rate and review this story