Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

“Goodnight Sweetie.” Jemma’s Mother whispered to her, stroking her blonde hair with electric blue streaks “I hope you don’t have any more nightmares.”
“Goodnight Mom!” Jemma cried, pulling away from her Mother.
Jemma’s Mother sighed, kissed her daughters forehead and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. Jemma hated her Mother still saying goodnight to her like that. ‘I’m seventeen.’ Jemma thought to herself ‘I am not a baby.’
Jemma closed her eyes, her Mother’s words ringing through her head “I hope you don’t have any more nightmares.” Jemma hoped that too.
Recently Jemma had been having a lot of nightmares. What creeped her out was that they were all the same. Jemma was standing in a white dress in front of a long marching band. A band was standing on a parade float wearing military jackets and they would sing. Jemma tried hard to listen properly to the lyrics but she could never remember them in the morning.
Jenna had been having these nightmares since she was fifteen. When she was sixteen she’d finally decided to confide in her best friend Milly about her nightmares. The next day the entire school had found out because Milly had spread it around. Jemma confronted her best friend about it who simply laughed and then ditched her.
Since then, Jemma had been bullied every day of her laugh. “Hey, why don’t you go join the black parade?” One girl had yelled at her in the corridor. Jenna had liked the way it sounded. So that’s what she called it inside her head.
She didn’t nothing but think about the parade in her dreams. Jemma would sit down with her sketch pad every evening and try to sketch out what she had seen. The floats, the musicians, the people marching along with The Black Parade… The people marching were what scared her the most. Jemma felt like she’d seen them somewhere before but she couldn’t think where.
Jemma closed her eyes and began drifting off “Please dream about something else…” Jemma murmured under her breath “Stop dreaming about The Black Parade.” She fell asleep in seconds.

Jemma opened her eyes to hear the usual song she heard though she couldn’t make out the lyrics, as usual. Jemma tried so hard to listen but she couldn’t make them out. Jemma sighed, admitting defeat. She looked down at her usual white nightie. ‘Try and remember that…’ Jemma thought, hoping to be able to draw it when she woke up.
Jemma looked around at some of the people marching behind the large float containing the band. A woman wearing a long dress and gas mask. Two girls with shoulder-length black hair and military style dresses. A man in a hospital gown with a bald head. Jemma looked at the man the most. She had a burning sensation she’d known him rather personally.
Suddenly Jemma felt a loud thump in her stomach and legs. It was so forceful that she fell to the ground. Jemma looked up to cry out but noticed someone standing above her. Someone that made her heart pound. She recognised him as one of the musicians from the float and blinked at him. He was wearing a military jacket with stripy sleeves and dark black trousers. His hair was short and black and he had a lip piercing. He opened his mouth and said something to her that Jemma couldn’t make out.


Jemma woke up, her heart still pounding and her face flushed a bright red. For a horrible moment she thought she’d wet herself but then she realised it was just a night sweat. “Are you okay Jemma?” Her Mom asked, running into the room “Are you alright Jemma Sweetie?”
“I’m fine!” Jemma snapped, sitting up. She glanced at the clock next to her. 8.00AM. “I’m gonna be late for school!” Jemma cried, jumping out of bed and began packing her bed.
Jemma’s Mom stood in the doorway “Do you want me to make you breakfast?”
“No thanks, I’m not hungry.” Jemma replied, opening her wardrobe “Mom, could you leave me alone please?”
Jemma’s Mom nodded and left the room.

Sitting in the library, Jemma began thinking back to the dream last night. She couldn’t remember the dress she had been wearing. She still couldn’t think what the lyrics were to that song. Jemma could only remember two things. The nasty blow she took that knocked her over… And the extremely cute guy who’d tried to talk to her.
Jemma started sketching him, remembering every detail about him perfectly. Suddenly someone knocked her pencil, ruining her drawing completely “What are you drawing Loser?” Milly asked, looking down at Jemma’s sketchbook “Who’s the guy?”
“None of your business.” Jemma muttered, snapping the sketchbook shut.
Milly snorted with laughter “Aww is that your boyfriend? No I doubt that, since you’re too ugly to get a boyfriend.”
This was a lie. Jemma wasn’t ugly at all. She was beautiful with her blonde hair with electric blue streaks, silvery eyes and pale skin. In truth, Milly was actually jealous of Jemma.
Jemma glared at her and was about to say something but the bell rang for first lesson. Milly raised her eye-brows “Come on Geek. Don’t wanna be late for first lesson.”
Jemma stood up and stormed past her ex-best friend.

After school Jemma was in a hurry to get out of school. If she was too late to leave the school then the popular kids would follow her home, yelling stupid comments at her and irritating her.
Jemma rushed down the street. She could hear the popular kids following her out of the school just a few feet away. Jemma began to run, not looking where she was going when she ran across one of the busiest roads in their estate…
Jemma could barely comprehend what was happening. She heard the screech of car tires, a scream and then she felt a familiar feeling as the car whacked into her. Jemma fell to the floor and as she slipped into unconsciousness she thought ‘Just like the nightmare…’

Jemma woke up in a familiar place. She stared up at dark grey sky above her and instantly realised she was at The Black Parade. Jemma sat up and thought it was weird that she didn’t feel any kind of pain.
“Hello Jemma.” A voice said. Jemma looked up and saw a man with white blonde hair staring down at her “My name’s Gerard, this is Mikey, this is Ray, this is Bob and this is Frank.” He pointed to each man in turn “We’d like to welcome you to The Black Parade.”
“That’s really what this place is called?” Jemma asked.
Frank nodded and held out his hand to her. Jemma looked up at him and recognised him as the guy she’d sketched earlier today in the library. Jemma took his hand and he helped her up onto her feet “Are you ready?” Frank asked.
Jemma was confused “For what?”
“For you.” Frank replied with a grin, taking her hand and pulling her towards the float that she’d seen so many times before.
They both got on and Frank grabbed his guitar “I know you’ve been dying to hear the lyrics.” Frank whispered to her “So now you’re finally gonna hear them.”
The band started playing and for the first time in her life, Jemma could actually focus on the music and nothing but the music.
‘We’ll carry on… We’ll carry on… And though you’re dead and gone believe me… Your memory will carry on… You’ll carry on…’
Once the song was over, Frank turned to Jemma and grinned “So what did you think?”
“It was certainly worth the wait.” Jemma nodded “That was the greatest song I’ve ever heard.”
“Why thank you.” Frank smiled, sitting down next to Jemma as the parade continued without music “Jemma… You know you’re dead, right?”
Jemma nodded “Can I ask? Why have I been having this nightmare since I was fifteen?”
“Preparation I guess.” Frank replied, with a shrug “Get you ready for death. We felt like you deserved the preparation.”
“And last night in my nightmare… What did you say to me?”
Frank blushed “I was telling you not to listen to those guys at school. You’re beautiful the way you are. But I guess it’s too late for that now, huh?”
“I still like being called Beautiful.” Jemma giggled “Is this parade really for me?”
“Kinda.” Frank told her “It was also for the cancer patient once.”
“Is that the bald guy with the hospital gown?” Frank nodded “I feel like I’ve seen him before. Do I know him?”
Frank raised his eye-brows “You should know him.”
Jemma’s eyes widened “No way…”
Frank grinned “Yeah way.”
“It can’t be.”
Frank rolled his eyes “Yes, it’s your Dad.”
Jemma blushed “Why didn’t I recognise him straight away?”
“You haven’t seen him since you were seven.” Frank reminded her “You weren’t to know.”
Jemma sighed “So is this all my life is now… This parade?”
“You’ll learn more later.” Frank told her “Hey Jemma…”
“Yes Frank?”
Frank surprised her by leaning over and kissing her gently. When he pulled away he muttered “I’ve been in love with you ever since you started having these nightmares two years ago.”
Jemma suddenly burst out laughing. Frank blushed “What?”
“It’s funny because I’ve only been in love with you for a day!”
“Oh, so you’re in love with me too?” Frank smirked at her “Then I guess you won’t mind if I do this.”
He wrapped both his arms round her and pulled her close, kissing her again. Jemma closed her eyes. ‘Hmm…’ Jemma thought ‘Death is better than I thought it’d be.’
Sign up to rate and review this story