Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Tomorrow Never Knows

Knock Knock Knockin' On... The Floor

by rmrose2662 0 reviews

Jack Daniels... Yeahhhh....

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-11-15 - Updated: 2011-11-15 - 396 words

2Ambiance
“We’ve been dancin’ with Mr. Brownstone. He’s been knockin’. He won’t leave me alone.”

Axl looked offstage briefly. I smiled at him and flashed a quick thumbs-up. They were sounding good, even though Duff and Slash were completely wasted, and Izzy and Steven were both doped up on their own Mr. Brownstone. Axl had been too “preoccupied” before the show to put anything stupid in his body.

“I should have known better, said I wish I never met her. Said I’d leave it all behind, yowza!”

I giggled. I always giggled at the end of “Mr. Brownstone”. I’m not sure why, but the word “yowza” without exception made me laugh.

Guns still had two more songs to play: “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “It’s So Easy”. I took the time in between songs to find some sort of alcoholic drink. There was a cooler in front of an extra amp and I popped up the lid. Not surprisingly, it was stocked with cans and bottles of beer. I ignored the booze and closed the cooler back. Slash had countless bottles of Jack in his dressing room. He wouldn’t miss just one.

The riff for “Sweet Child” started up and an involuntary smile spread across my face. Warmth spread from the top of my head and out to my appendages, resting in my cheeks. God, how I love him…

I kept my smile spread on my trip to Slash’s room, my thirty second scavenger hunt to find the familiar cubed bottle, and back out into the hallway. It was almost a perfect trip…

Until I looked down the hall at the Maiden section, where Bruce was…

…With a pretty girl…

…A pretty girl that he had his arm around…

It shouldn’t have bothered me as much as it did. Bruce still had my necklace around his wrist, and I had been doing the same thing to him ever since Gn’R and Maiden met up at the airport… But still. The jealousy could not be avoided.

My smile fell, and I went back to the side of the stage with a fractured heart. I unenthusiastically took a long pull from the Jack bottle.

And another.

And another.

And another pull yet.

Suddenly, the room was spinning…

And then I was giving the floor a nice, long, intimate hug…
Sign up to rate and review this story