Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Motions Of Life?

Over and over again

by OverRated 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-11-18 - Updated: 2011-11-18 - 452 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two

I unlocked the front door and entered my house.
I have yet to place a foot in the foyer, when I heard my mum call out.
" Dawn, is that you honey ? " " How was your walk ?"
I didnt want to tell my mum that on my walk I was anaylzing my life, trying to sort out my worries and my fears, trying to figure out where I belong in this life.
Instead I lied.
" It was refreshing"

I hung my coat and my scarf on the hooks and walked into the kitchen, only to find my mum seated behind the table, on which my favourite food laid - spagetti topped with chesse.
I had only intended to get a drink of water before retiring to my room, but seeing that my mum had gone into trouble and made my favourite dish, I couldnt refuse.
I grabbed my glass of water and took a seat opposite my mum. Staring into her hazel eyes, I realised how much I looked like her, same eyes and the same face outline.
She suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.
" I made your favourite food as a treat for finishing the school year".
" Thanks mum" I dryly replied.
We sat there in silence as we dug into our plates. It wasnt the type of silence that was awkward. We both knew that communicating wasnt our best tool. None the less, my mum tried to make small talk.
" You know that family I told you about, how they are moving into the house thats two houses across" ?
" Yeah,what about them" ? I replied between bites.
" Well, they have finally settled in and I was wondering if tomorrow after work, we can pay them a visit" ?.
That was my mum, the overly sweet and caring neighbour. She wanted to make friends with everyone.
" Okay" I said without thinking.

I finshed my plate and dropped it in the sink.
My mum knew excatly what I would do next. I would walk up the stairs and go straight to my room only to resurface in the morning.
I never bothered with saying Goodnight, as i never quite understood tbe logic behind the phrase.
If my mum was annoyed by my antics, she never showed it.
She knew I liked to spend my nights holed up in my room and she seemed content with that.
Anyways, it was just me and her in this big lonley house.

I climbed the timber stairs slowly, looking at the pictures that adorned the wall. There Iam smiling in everyone, like I dont have a care in the world.
How fast things change.
And with that thought I entered my room and closed my door.
Sign up to rate and review this story