Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up Together

Amanda's Tragic News

by CarsynTMB 0 reviews

Amanda tells her daughters and her best friend's son a difficult thing...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-11-20 - Updated: 2011-11-21 - 676 words - Complete

0Unrated
"MUM!!!" Amy had burst through the door to see her mum, Amanda curled up next to Ella, crying and hugging her. "What's wrong!?!?" Amanda looked up and slowly stood. "Amy, Stefan, Ella, sit down please. I have to tell you something." "What?" They all asked it in unison. "I...I have cancer." She could no longer keep the composure. She fell back and cried. Amy and Ella stood up and sat by their mum. "Shh it's ok mum, you'll be ok we promise..." Stefan was in shock. He had known Amanda his whole life, and he treated her as an aunt. He slowly stood up and hugged her. "Does my mum know?" Stefan was still in shock. Was this some kind of sick joke?!?! "No... not yet I'm going to tell Sally when she gets off of work. When's that Stef?" "5:00" Stefan had no emotion. What would happen if Amanda died? Where would Amy and Ella go??? "Thank you Stefan. Could you stay here until then?" Amanda looked hopeless, as if she would soon lose everything she had. "Erm... yes of course... d'you want me to make some tea?" "Ella, Amy, want any tea?" "Yes please, Stef." Stefan knew Amanda didn't really enjoy tea, but he wanted her to forget about this for a moment. "Oh Amanda? Would you like some hot coco?" "Yes please Stefan. And thank you." After a few minutes Stefan came in with a plate that had their teas and hot coco. Amy looked at Stefan and a tear escaped her eye. She mouthed the words 'thank you' and sat down. He nodded and took up his tea and sat on the floor. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "Hello? Sally? Could you come by my place, I need to tell you something... oh yes Stefan's here, but please hurry." Sally arrived about 5 minutes later and walked into the living room. "Amanda?Stefan?Amy?Ella? Anybody home?" Sally was looking for her friend. "In here, Salls." Amanda said, just loud enough to be heard. "What is it Amanda? Is everything alright?" Sally sounded worried, and she had every right to be. "Not really, please sit down." "Amanda tell me now be fore I go insane!!!" Amanda looked hesitant. "I have cancer, Salls, and I dunno what's going to happen!" Amanda was crying again, and Sally soon joined in. "I'm sure you'll be fine Amanda, you just gotta hope!!!" Sally was trying to cheer her up, but it wasn't working. "The doctors said three years at the most, if I'm lucky. Oh Sally I'm so scared!!!" Sally hugged Amanda and once again tried to cheer her up. "There's treatments you could try though, right Amanda? That's a way to look at it!!!" "I know there are, but I can't afford to try them. I'm a dead woman walking." She cried more. "Kids, I think you should stay at mine tonight, If you don't mind, Amanda, I'm just sure you need thinking time." "That's fine with me Sally, they really don't need to be any more affected by this than they already are. Girls, go get packed for tonight please. And Ella, make your bed please. It's a mess in your room." Amanda smiled at her daughters. "Yes mum." Ella sounded glum. Amy was choking on tears. They rushed upstairs and packed the essentials. Clothes, toothbrushes, hair combs, hair scrunchies, ect. They walked downstairs to see Stefan and his mum hugging and Amanda writing on something. Sally looked up. "Are you girls ready? Your mum needs some thinking time." Sally was always trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah. Can I say somethin' to mum real quick though?" Amy was trying to see what Amanda was writing on. "Yeah sure." "Mum? Are you going to be alright?" Amy made a quick glance to see what the paper said. It read,WILL. A tear slid from her eyes. "I dunno sweetie. But could you go with Sally now please? I need some time alone." Another tear. "Umm... Yeah mum. Anything you need." She reluctantly went outside and into Sally's car.
Sign up to rate and review this story