Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up Together

Waiting/2 Years Later... That Fast???

by CarsynTMB 0 reviews

Waiting for Amanda to get out of surgery ... and what happens later... :)

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-11-21 - Updated: 2011-11-23 - 955 words - Complete

0Unrated
"We have the results of Miss Harmon's surgery." The doctor was looking at the only people int the hospital waiting area. "She's going to be fine, but she still has cancer. The surgery reduced the chance of her living three years, down to two. I'm sorry but if we hadn't removed the tumor, it would have been maybe six or seven months. Your mother is very lucky." Amy and Ella nodded. Only two years with their mother? They're 14!!! "Thank you." They decided to go to their place for another change of clothes and to stay at Stefan's again. It would take a little over a month for Amanda to recover. "You ready?" Stefan was helping Amy pack. "Yeah." Amy sounded terrible. "Amy, I would try to think about something else..." Stefan kissed her but she stopped him. "Your mum's waiting for us. Lets go." She was acting pretty average for a girl who was just informed she only had two years left with her mother. "It's ok Amy. I'll help you through this shit of a situation." She smiled at him. "I hope so. I love you Stef." She kissed him


2 YEARS LATER

Amy walked into the hospital, with a box of her mother's favorite candies, (sour patch kids), a huge bundle of flowers, (daisies, her mother didn't like roses), and a new song on her tongue. She walked up to the counter and the woman smiled at her. "Hello Amy!!! How are you today?" The woman's name was Janet and she had been friends with Amy for a little over a year. She worked her every day and talked with her every Wednesday at her lunch hour. "The usual... how's my mum doin'?" "I'm sad to say she's had better, child. It spread to her legs today. I'm sorry." To Amy, this wasn't surprising news, but it still hurt to hear it. "Oh it's ok Janet. It's almost her time anyway... but God do I love that woman!?!?" Janet smiled "Go in in and talk to her." "Thanks Janet." She walked to her mum's room and saw her. She looked terrible. "Hey mum!!! I brought you some candy and flowers, do you want the candy now?" Her mum was always happy to see her. Ella never had time to see her on the weekdays, because of her company. She owned a recording studio company and was always over-whelmed with paper work. Amy came to see her everyday, rain or snow. "Oh sure, just put them on the stand." Amanda looked fragile and had lost all of her hair because of Kemo. Amy took up Amanda's hand. "Are you sure you don't want to do any more Kemo? It was helping, mum." Amy was still trying to keep her mum alive as long as she could. She still needed her mum. She was 16 now and she already had a record deal. Her band was called 'Evanescence' which meant 'to disappear gradually; vanish; fade away'. Her mum looked the music. "Amy Lynn Lee Harmon, I was raised to believe when it's your time to go home, you go. You don't argue, you don't fight it. I'm sure, Amy." Amy felt a tear escape her eye. "Hey mum, Stefan's coming to visit you soon, he should actually be here any minute." Amanda smiled. Amy and Stefan had been dating for two straight years. "Oh good, I need to speak to him in private when he gets here." She smiled at her youngest daughter,but only by two days. "Oh... ok... but dad called me yesterday. He wanted me to tell you to get well. I hate that prick." "AMY! He is your father! I know he's never been there for you but please, don't say that in front of me." "I'm sorry mum. I won't say it again." There was a knock on the door. "Hey girls! How are you feeling Amanda?" It was Stefan. He had grown about four inches in the last two years, Amy hadn't grown at all. They smiled at him. "Not to well, Stefan. But could I talk to you in private please? Stefan make sure she's in the lobby." "Ok... it must be really important. Amy, you're coming with me. She giggled and went with him. "D'you know what that was all about?" "Not a clue." "Ok so sit and stay here Amy." He walked away with his hands in his pockets. "Stefan, come here." He did what he was told and sat by Amanda. "Do you really and truly love my daughter?" "Yes, I do. I love her more than life itself." "Good answer, now, do you want to be with her forever?" "Of course I do what are you getting at-" "I want you to have this." She reached her hand out and placed a cold circle into his palm. He brought it closer to his face. It was an engagement ring. He looked at Amanda. "Amanda I couldn't this-" "Stefan, don't argue with me. Make sure that me baby girl is happy. When you feel that the time is right, give it to her. Say that I loved her and wanted her to wear the same ring as I did. I only wore it for 6 months before Mark left, but it still counts. Make her the happiest woman out there. I trust you with her. Don't ask her yet, she's still 16. But whenever the time is right, ask her." Stefan was crying. He felt honored to have her mothers permission before he was going to ask her. He knew why he loved her so much now. He was supposed to marry her. His heart warmed. He kissed Amanda's hand and said, "Thank you. I really do love her."
Sign up to rate and review this story