Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up Together

I'm Sorry, I Can't

by CarsynTMB 0 reviews

Why does everything end so fast?!?!?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-11-22 - Updated: 2011-11-23 - 517 words - Complete

0Unrated
When they arrived at the hospital, Amy was shaking. She walked up to the counter. Janet was working still. "Amy... I'm sorry. If... if you want to see her, go to the second level. That's the morgue. I'm so so sorry for your loss." Janet stood up and hugged Amy. They both cried a little. "You better go, your sister was here when she... passed. She has been all day." "Ok... thank you Janet." Amy took Stefan's hand and walked to the elevator. Level Two "Can I see my mom... she passed away about two hours ago." "Name please?" "Amanda Lynn Lee Harmon..." "Alright, right this way... I swear you looked different an hour ago..." Amy let a sly smile go. Ella was here... "Tht was probably my twin." "Makes since... and I'm sorry for your loss dear." "Thank you." Amy saw Ella, holding her pale mother's hand, and weeping. She could hear what she was saying if she strained. "I love you... I need you... be safe... tell grand-papi hey... I'm sorry it had to end this way." Ashley was rubbing her back. He was crying to. Amy felt tears streaming down her face. She heard Stefan sniffing too. She turned to see his eyes were puffed up and red, from the tears. Amy walked into the room. She looked at her mum. She had a slight smile on her face, and a bandanna on her head. She looked, peaceful, but it still pained Amy to see her like this. Lifeless, cold, snow white. She sat by her and took her hand. Tears. She heard the door open and a quite "No." She turned and saw Sally. She was crying and shaking too. She ran over and sat next to Amy. She hugged her and cried.



The Next Day

"Stefan... I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry. I truly love you, but I need time to think about what just happened to me. I do love you." Stefan looked crushed. "Amy...?" "I'm sorry." She ran out of the door crying. She went home and locked her bedroom door. She picked up a small razor and carved the word 'STEFAN' into her left fore-arm. She watched hear arm cry a tear of blood. 'STEFAN' would always be there. That's how she wanted it. Forever. But she couldn't be with him anymore. She loved him but it was too much going on in her life. She watched her arm bleed a little longer and decided to rub ink in it. Ha... a little... big tattoo of her ex-boyfriend's name in her arm. Stefan... She took a washcloth to it and rubbed it clean. She put on a long sleeved shirt. She walked out of her room and three doors down. Mum's room. She opened the door. It smelled like her. She smiled and walked in farther. For the first time, she noticed a picture of her father and her. Mum was pregnant in the photo... maybe six months gone. She looked... happy. She picked up the photo. She smiled down at her mother. That's how it should've been...
Sign up to rate and review this story