Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

Emily tapped the keys slowly, her fingers shaking. Lyn-z smiled at her, playing the chords while Emily tried to play the melody. “No, you’re pushing D. You’re supposed to be hitting C.” Lyn-z pointed out gently.
Once they’d finished play the song, Lyn-z smiled at Emily “You did great!”
“No I didn’t, I made like eleven mistakes.” Emily pouted “I’m terrible at playing piano.”
“You’ll learn.” They were both silent before Lyn-z said “Hey look, I wanna show you something.”
Lyn-z leaned round the side of the piano, grabbed a small brown book and pulled it out to show Emily “I have another book just like this that I use to keep my diary. So I figured you and me could use this as a little scrapbook. Look I’ve already added some photos inside.”
She opened the book and Emily looked “This is me and Gerard on our wedding day.” Emily grinned. This was back when Lyn-z had black hair same as Gerard. They weren’t wearing formal clothes but they looked so happy. “And this was Ryan when he was seven.” Emily smiled again. Ryan was so small, his hair a dirty blonde and he was laughing at something. “And look this is Gabriella when she was a baby with Gerard.” Emily’s grin increased. Gabriella was such a cute baby and she looked shocked that Gerard was kissing her on the cheek. Lyn-z glanced at Emily before turning the page “And this is the day that Emily joined our family.”
Emily’s smile disappeared as she looked at her photo on the page “Are you sure that’s a moment that you want documented?”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Lyn-z asked, cocking her head to one side to look at Emily properly “We love you Emily, you know that right?”
Emily smiled then paused before daring to ask “Who’s Jessica? Gabriella talks about her.”
There was silence before Lyn-z stood up “Come with me, I’ll show you.”
Together, they walked into the large green house attached to the house. Lyn-z led Emily over to a large white rose bush with a small plaque coming out of the soil. “What happened to her?” Emily asked, reading the plaque.
Lyn-z took a deep breath “She was our baby. She died while she was still in my stomach. So we scattered her ashes over this plant. And now while I watch these flowers go, it feels like Jessica’s growing with it.”
When Lyn-z looked at Emily she noticed there were tears in her eyes. “Hey are you crying?”
“She would’ve been lucky.” Emily whispered, tears falling down her cheeks “You’re a brilliant Mommy.”
“Oh Emily!” Lyn-z threw her arms round her adopted daughter “That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me!”
Emily hugged her back tightly.

The next day at school, Ryan was standing with his friends when Emily came walking down the corridor. “Your sister is such a freak.” Alex told him.
Ryan glared at him “She’s not my sister. And you think I don’t know she’s a freak?”
Emily walked with her head held way, today wearing a knee-high pink, old-fashioned dress and light pink tights with her usual polished black shoes. As usual she was wearing her purple ribbons round her neck and wrists.
Suddenly Ryan and his friends decided to walk past. Ryan shoved right into Emily as he stormed past, knocking her books out of her arms and onto the floor. Without turning to glare at Ryan, Emily bent down to pick up her books.
But Arianne marched right over, bent over and picked up one of Emily’s books for her “Oh my god, is this a bible?” Arianne asked in disgust. Once she’d picked up all her books, Emily stood up and nodded. She tried to grab it back but Arianne pulled it out of her reach “Hey look everyone, Jesus freak brought a bible to school today!”
Down the corridor, Ryan turned to look at his adopted sister. So did his friends who started spluttering with laughter. “Give it back.” Emily said angrily.
Arianne held out the bible. Emily tried to take it from her but Arianne kept a tight grip. Trying hard to pull it away from her, Emily’s face went pale white. Suddenly Arianne let go of the book and the book went flying out of Emily’s hand. Pages flew out everywhere. Emily tried to grab them. She turned away from Arianne and tried to collect them all together.
Arianne laughed “Aww is this your collar, doggy?” She asked, reaching for the ribbon that was fastened around Emily’s neck.
Maybe Arianne was thinking that Emily would just be a little angry or annoyed and try to grab it off her. But instead, Emily turned to Arianne and started screaming. Everyone walking down the corridor stopped to stare as Emily threw a huge temper tantrum. Arianne backed away a little, looking a bit scared. Emily’s head was jerking around wildly as she continued to scream, not caring that the entire corridor was watching.
Ryan’s friends started laughing while Ryan hid his face in his hands. How was he ever going to live this down?

Finally the weekend came and everyone was relieved. Lyn-z had tried to talk to Emily about what had happened at school but Emily simply said she didn’t want to talk about it so she just left it at that. When Saturday finally came, Gerard told Lyn-z he was going to take Emily and Gabriella to the park.
Lyn-z agreed that this was a good idea “What do you think about Emily screaming her head off at school though?” Lyn-z asked “I’ve tried to talk to her but she doesn’t want to.”
“She’s probably embarrassed about it.” Gerard shrugged “Don’t get down on her because of it Lyn. She’ll talk about it when she wants to talk about it.”
So Gerard took both his girls to the park. Gerard was pushing Gabriella on one swing and Emily was swinging by herself on the other. “I haven’t been to a park in ages.” Emily told him “Thank you for bringing me.”
“It’s okay Sweetheart.” Gerard smiled.
A moment later an extremely pretty young woman was standing next to him “Oh hi Gerard.” She grinned “Long time no see.”
“Oh. Hi Eliza.” Gerard replied, blushing a little.
Eliza couldn’t take her eyes off him. Her little girl pulled on her sleeve but Eliza simply shrugged her off. The little girl sighed and skipped away.
Out of the corner of her eye, Emily saw another girl appear on her bike. Emily recognised this girl as Arianne from her class. Arianne looked around, smiling until she noticed Emily sitting on the swing. Her smile disappeared and she appeared to be quite worried. Arianne looked at Emily for a minute before running off to have fun.
While Emily had been staring Arianne, she hadn’t been paying attention to Gerard and Eliza’s conversation. So she began listening again “You haven’t been to my place for ages.” Eliza pouted “Actually, I need a chair moving… Could you come over and take care of it?”
“Oh, uhh, yeah sure…” Gerard stuttered.
Emily smiled. She’d heard enough so now she could get up and deal with something else.
Arianne slid down the slide and looked back over at the swings, to check whether Emily was still watching her. ‘She looks so stupid in that beret she wears.’ Arianne thought to herself ‘I thought she looked weird the other day. Today she looked like someone had died or something.’
But when Arianne looked at the swings, Emily was gone. Somehow this didn’t comfort Arianne but she decided not to let Emily intimidate her. She got up and walked back round the side of the large jungle gym. Step by step, she climbed up the ladder. Every time a kid ran past, Arianne would jump. ‘Stop being such a baby.’ Arianne snapped to herself ‘Just go down the slide one more time.’
Picking up her pace, Arianne wondered over the play bridge and into the small hut where the slide was. Arianne poked her head out of the small slit, wondering whether or not to go down.
Causing her to jump, Arianne heard a footstep behind her. She turned around to see who was behind her. It was Emily who was running at her, growling. Arianne screamed and Emily shoved her through the small slit leading down the slide. Still screaming, Arianne fell to the side, hiding her leg hard on the slide and falling onto her back.
Shakily, Arianne looked at her leg which was now bent at an odd angle. Arianne screamed again, starting to cry when she felt the harsh pain in her leg. Standing opposite the slide, Gabriella looked down at Arianne and then back up at Emily. Emily was standing at the top of the slide, smirking down at the screaming Arianne on the ground.

[A/N] - Can all my reviewers come back please? I miss them ;/
Sign up to rate and review this story