Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

[A/N] - I know that I'm putting things that happened in the film down in the wrong order on here... But I've only watched Orphan twice and this is my FanFic so there ;)

Lyn-z looked out the window and smiled as she watched Gabriella and Emily play in the snow together. Gerard’s Mother was helping put away the dishes from Emily’s welcoming party. “How’s she doing?”
“Oh she’s settling in great. She’s really becoming part of the family.”
“I was talking about Gabriella.” She narrowed her eyes “She’s playing by the lake as if nothing ever happened.”
“Yeah, I guess she is.”
“Does she not remember it then?”
“No, I don’t think so.”
“So what are your plans?”
“I think I’m gonna wait until Emily settles down…” Lyn-z commented, picking up a fork and taking a large bite out of Emily’s cake “And then maybe I’ll start teaching again.”
“I don’t think they’ll let you back.”
“I don’t mean Yale, I mean like private classes here.”
“It’s a shame. That was a good job.”
“Yeah, well, I didn’t quit because I wanted to.”
“Are you still seeing that councillor?”
“Once a week.”
“I don’t think you quite understand how much danger you put Gabriella in…” Gerard’s Mom suddenly grew angry “You don’t seem to care.”
“Of course I care about what happened!” Lyn-z snapped “I think maybe you should leave now.”
“Who on earth do you think-“
Gerard jogged into the kitchen, having heard most of the conversation “Mom, could you possibly go home now please?”
Gerard’s Mom stuck her nose in the air and stormed out of the house. “What was all that about?” Gerard asked “Why did you have to snap at my Mother?”
“She started it!” Lyn-z cried in defence “She was asking stupid questions. Of course I feel bad about what happened to Gabe!”
“I know you do Sweetheart, but you know how much my Mom worries.”
“Still, I don’t feel like I deserved for her to have a go at me. I mean it happened over a year ago.”
“It still doesn’t cancel out what happened.”
Lyn-z rolled her eyes “Whose side are you on?”
“Yours, of course.” Gerard wrapped his arms round Lyn-z “Cheer up Honey. Everything’s gonna be okay now.”
She simply smiled in return and kissed Gerard.
Emily looked up through the window and saw her adopted parents kissing. As soon as she saw them, she glared.

“Is the water hot enough for you?” Lyn-z asked, splashing her hand in the bath water.
Emily nodded “Yes thank you.”
Lyn-z smiled and walked out of the room. She began walking down the corridor when she heard the bathroom door click. Wondering why Emily would need to lock the door, Lyn-z turned back and walked to the bathroom. She tapped three times on the door “Emily? Can you open the door please?”
A moment later Emily opened the door wearing a white dressing gown. “What are you doing?” Lyn-z asked, crossing her arms.
Emily blinked “I always locked the door at the orphanage.”
“Well I’m sorry but we don’t lock doors in this house.”
“But what if someone walks in and sees me?” Emily asked fearfully.
Lyn-z was baffled “No one will walk in, what are you talking about?”
Emily just looked at her as if she were insane. Lyn-z sighed “Look, I’m standing right here.”
“I could sing for you if you like.” Emily suddenly grinned “I used to sing for the girls at the orphanage to let them know I was okay.”
Lyn- sighed heavier this time “Alright but this is for one night only.”
Emily beamed and ran back inside the bathroom. Lyn-z rolled her eyes, grabbed the washing basket and went into Emily’s room to put away some clothes. She draped one of Emily’s dresses over the back of her rocking chair.
Picking up the washing basket, Lyn-z walked over to Emily’s chest of drawers. She tried to open the top drawer but something was stopping it. ‘What is that?’ Lyn-z thought as she pulled the drawer open as far as it would go. She shoved her hand to the back and started feeling around but she found nothing but socks. Suddenly her hand connected with something hard and square.
Lyn-z pulled it out and looked at down at it. Laying her hands was a small, brown bible. There was something sticking slightly out the top. Lyn-z went to pull it away and nearly dropped the bible.
In shocked horror, she looked up towards the bathroom. “That’s the story of,” Emily sang behind the door “That’s the glory of…”
Lyn-z dared breath out and looked back down at what she’d just pulled out of the bible. It was a small photograph… Of Gerard.
But Lyn-z wasn’t too shocked. Lots of girls had pictures of Gerard. ‘Maybe she used to be a fan of their band.’ Lyn-z thought ‘No wonder she was so happy to be living here…’
Gerard had once been in a band called My Chemical Romance and Lyn-z used to be in one called Mindless Self Indulgence. MSI had split up first and Lyn-z had turned to teaching but depression got to her and she became an alcoholic forcing her to leave Yale. Gerard had ended his band not so long ago and now worked in a book store.
But suddenly Lyn-z realised that no fan would have a ‘photo’ of Gerard unless they were in it. And Lyn-z recognised this a family photo but it had been torn up so that only Gerard was in it.
“That’s the story of…” Emily continued to sing.
Lyn-z shoved the photo back in the bible and stuffed at the back of Emily’s drawer. She re-grabbed her washing basket and walked out of the room, trying to shake it off.

“Kids, come on, you’ll be late for school!” Lyn-z called up the stairs impatiently. She’d been waiting around for around ten minutes now and she was bored.
The first one to run down the stairs was Gabriella though she couldn’t possibly have heard Lyn-z shout up the stairs. Lyn-z smiled at her as Ryan ran down the stairs, grabbing his schoolbag from her.
Emily remained upstairs. Tapping her foot impatiently, Lyn-z yelled again “Emily, come on, you’re gonna be late for your first!”
Finally Emily appeared at the top of the stairs. Gabriella giggled and Ryan burst out laughing. Lyn-z turned to glare at them “Go wait in the car.” She said and signed.
Still laughing, Gabriella and Ryan went outside to the car. Lyn-z looked back up at Emily “Uhh Sweetie, I don’t think that’s much of a school dress.”
Emily was wearing a long black and white dress, black polished schools, white tights and a black cardigan. “But I like it.” Emily told her “Don’t you like it?”
“Of course I like it; I just don’t think you’ll be comfortable in it.” Lyn-z said awkwardly “What happened to those jeans I brought you?”
“You are scared the kids will laugh at me.” Emily smiled sweetly “I thought you said there was nothing wrong with being different.”
Lyn-z was silent for a moment before laughing “You’re right, you’re right! I’m sorry.”
Emily simply smiled and walked outside to the car.

Emily found the right classroom she was supposed to be in and walked inside. Her new teacher, Miss.Hibbs, smiled at her. “Alright class, settle down!”
The class that had been standing around chattering amongst themselves, all took their seats and looked at Emily with confusion. Miss.Hibbs smile increased “Alright class this is our new girl Emily from Poland. I’m sure you’ll all do your best to make her feel welcome here.”
One of the girls in the class, Arianne, pretended to check a text on an invisible mobile phone “I just got a message from Little Bo Peep. She wants her clothes back.”
The whole class burst out laughing and Emily glared at her. “Arianne that was inappropriate.” Miss.Hibbs sighed “Apologise please.”
“But look at her, she’s such a freak!” Arianne giggled and the whole class giggled quietly with her “Why can’t she dress like a normal person?”
“Arianne, go and stand outside!” Miss.Hibbs said but with no passion. Because inside, she was agreeing with Arianne.
Once Arianne was outside, Emily was shown to her seat on the far side of the classroom. As soon as Emily was sat down, she pulled out her notepad and began sketching.

[A/N] - Please keep reviewing! I got 8 reviews in the first chapter and I was over the moon :D
Sign up to rate and review this story