Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

“Are you sure about this?” Gerard asked, squeezing Sam’s hand outside the school “It’s not too late for us to go watch something stupid like Breaking Dawn.”
“I wanna do this.” Sam whispered “I’ve been looking forward to this for ages.”
Sam and Gerard were standing outside the school at around seven at night because there was a school dance. Gerard wasn’t so sure about going into the dance. Sam on the other hand was completely looking forward to it. For days she’d been trying to think of the perfect way to make it up to Gerard and she felt like she’d finally found one. In front of all her ‘friends’, she’d dance with the one guy she truly liked.
Gerard smiled at her “All your friends will say is.”
“Which only makes the night even more fun,” Sam looked at him “It’s my way of saying I’m sorry to you. For being such a bitch.”
“I’ve already forgiven you.”
“I know. But I haven’t forgiven myself.” Sam admitted “I feel like if we do this, then there’ll be no more lies and everything will be out in the open. I’ll never have to pretend not to like something in case they decide it’s dorky. I can just be myself. You understand, right?”
“Of course I do.” Gerard replied “Are you ready to go in then?”
“Yep.” Sam smiled and they both walked in together.
Their entry caused a scene like Sam expected it would. Several girls giggled, several boys made rude comments and the majority of Sam’s friends looked at her like she was a freak. Amelia stormed over to her “This is your last chance Sam.” Amelia spat “You can either ditch the freak or become one of…” She glared at Gerard “One of them.”
“I think I’d rather be one of them than one of your stupid little followers.”
“Well.” Amelia looked a little shocked with the choice she’d made “I see you’ve made your choice. Just don’t expect to hang round with us any longer.”
“Thank Christ!” Sam laughed “I don’t have to hang round with you and discuss shampoo anymore? Thank fuckin’ Christ!”
Amelia snorted and stormed away from her. Gerard laughed “Wow. You told her.”
A slow song came on and Sam smiled at Gerard “Wanna dance?”
“Of course I do. That’s why we’re here, right?”
Gerard and Sam walked over to the dance floor. Gerard wrapped his arms round Sam and pulled her close. They began swaying in time to the music “Sam…” Gerard mumbled “There’s something I wanted to tell you…”
“You can tell me anything.” Sam whispered, looking up at him.
Gerard smiled “Well it’s just that… I love you Sam.”
There was a small silence before Sam grinned like a dork and replied “I love you too Gee. Always have and always will.”
Gerard laughed slightly before leaning down and giving her a gentle kiss. Sam felt a warm feeling in her stomach and realised this must be true happiness.
Sign up to rate and review this story