Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

“Ellora Rose Sutton!” Miss.Hibbs snapped at the tall girl with long light blonde hair “Stop that silly crying and pay attention to the lesson!”
But Ellora was finding it hard to pay attention. Something had been nagging at her for weeks and she was so scared she felt she might explode. Her best friend Mikey looked at her across the room and sighed heavily. He’d been asking for ages what was wrong but she refused to tell him. Mikey was starting to get really worried about her. She was clearly upset but she didn’t wanna open up to anyone.
Frank, Ellora’s boyfriend, had tried to get through to her as well but it hadn’t worked. Ellora just wouldn’t tell them what was going down. But both Frank and Mikey decided that today, Ellora was going to tell them what was wrong whether she liked it or not.
As soon as the bell went for lunch, Ellora grabbed her bag and ran out. Whether was running to avoid the long lunch queue or to avoid Frank and Mikey, her friends weren’t sure. But they sat in the dinner hall waiting for her.
Luckily Ellora had managed to avoid the huge lunch queue’s that lasted half-an-hour and walked over to her best friends. As soon as she sat down, she knew that this conversation was not going to be fun.
Mikey was the first to speak “Ellie, we know that something’s wrong. And you need to tell us.”
“Guys, I don’t wanna talk about it.” Ellora whispered, looking down at her cheese sandwich “Can we just eat our lunch now? If we must discuss it, how about later?”
“No, because later will never come!” Frank cried “Come on Ellie, tell us what’s wrong.”
“I don’t wanna talk about it!” Ellora cried “Why can’t you guys just drop it?”
Frank stood up and moved round to sit next to Ellora. He put his arm round her “Please don’t cry. Do you know how worried we’ve been about you? We just wanna know what’s wrong. Please tell us!”
“O-Okay…” Ellora mumbled, tears dripping down her cheeks “It’s just that… My Mom’s got cancer.”
There was a small silence. Ellora continued “I’ve been so worried about her, I’m so scared that she’s gonna die.”
“Oh Ellie.” Frank hugged her close “Ellie, everything’s gonna be okay…”
Mikey leaned across the table and took her hand “You should’ve told us, why are you ashamed about that?”
“Because some of the girls in this school found out.” Ellora whimpered “And they’re bullying me because of it. They follow me home every day after school and they say the meanest things to me. I dunno what to do because they just don’t understand what I’m going through!”
“We’ll walk you home tonight.” Frank whispered “And if they say anything, we’ll stick up for you. We’ll get them to leave you alone.”
“But what if they don’t?”
“We’ll tell a teacher or something!” Mikey cried “But don’t worry about it.”
“Yeah, everything’s gonna be okay.” Frank told her “Your Mom’s gonna be fine, she’ll get better.”
“But what if she doesn’t?” Ellora asked “Then what do I do?”
“Ellora,” Frank rocked her back and forth “I don’t wanna sound mean, but this isn’t about you. This is about your Mom. And all you can do right now, instead of feeling sorry for yourself, is try and send positive thoughts to her. And just let her know how much you appreciate her. So even if things do go wrong, you know that you did everything you could to make her feel better.”
Ellora sat up and looked at him. She smiled at him and wiped away her tears “Thank you guys so much.” She whispered “Thank you for being so understanding.”
“It’s okay Honey.” Frank took her other hand “We’ll always be here for you, no matter what.”

After school, Frank and Mikey waited for Ellora at the back gates, waiting to walk her home. Ten minutes later, Ellora finally made it to the back gates. Behind her were about three girls from the ‘popular’ crowd. Neither Frank nor Mikey could hear what they saying but Ellora was walking pretty fast, trying to get away from them. They instantly guessed they were having a dig at her Mother.
Frank walked over to his girlfriend and hugged her close. He could see the girls laughing and one of them smirked “Hey Ellora, how much longer has your Mommy got left?” All the girls squealed with laughter.
Ellora started shaking in Frank’s arms and he couldn’t stand it any longer. He pulled away from her and marched over to the three girls “Why don’t you piss off? How would you feel if it was your Mom who had cancer? Would you still be laughing your stupid little heads off about it?” Frank waited for the girls to reply. They didn’t “No, you wouldn’t. So do yourselves a favour and get the fuck outta here. And don’t go round making fun of Ellora. Have you ever heard of a thing called karma? If you make fun of Ellora because her Mother has cancer, I believe that karma will work its magic and give your own Mothers cancer. So just think about that.”
The girls blinked at him before edging round them and walking out the gates. Ellora took Frank’s hand “Thank you so much. You said everything I’ve ever wanted to say to them.”
“Because I love you.” Frank told her, pulling her in for a hug again.
Ellora smiled “And I love you too.”

[*[A/N] - I hope your Mom gets better
Sign up to rate and review this story