Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

Joanna was walking to school with her head bent down, hiding her face with her long, dark brown hair. She couldn't hear what the people around her were saying because her headphones were plugged in and she was listening to Avenged Sevenfold extremely loudly. It's not like she had anyone to listen to anyway. She didn't have any friends to talk to on the way to school. Joanna propared that she didn't care about that, that she liked being in her company all the time. But in the back of her mind, she desperately wanted a friend to talk to.
She barely re-acted when some random guy whacked her round the back of the head, laughed and ran off. By now she was used to stupid attacks like this and had learnt not to re-act. Joanna wasn't dumb and she knew that people only tried to provoke others for a re-action out of them. So now she just shrugged them off.
Once Joanna reached the school, she didn't feel much better. Even the teachers thought she was a freak and pretty much ignored her. But Joanne preferred it that the teachers rarely spoke to her. On the rare occassions that they did speak to her, it was to check that she hadn't committed suicide yet. Like her parents.
Joanne's mind drifted to the night she'd recieved that note and found the bodies in her parents bedroom, but she shook her hand frantically. She wouldn't think about it, couldn't think about it. It was hard enough for her to understand already.

"Mom?" Joanna, thirteen years old, called from her bedroom "Mom, can you come here please?"
Joanna felt she had a pretty good relationship with both her parents. Usually she did extremely well in school, never got into any trouble and always did as she was told. She was busy doing her homework but there was a question she didn't understand. She need her Mother's help with it.
When Joanna's Mother didn't reply, Joanna jumped off her bed and wandered outside. She turned to the shut her bedroom door behind her when something caught her attention. Her parents had stuck a note on her bedroom door. The note read - 'Joanna, we have chosen to commit suicide. There is no easy way to say this but... It's all your fault.'
Not wanting to believe it was true, Joanna dropped the note and ran down the hall to her parents room "Mom, what kind of sick joke is...?" Joanna got caught off mid-sentence when she saw the lifeless bodies of both her parents. Joanna screamed.


Joanna walked as quickly as she could to the library. Whenever she hung out somewhere outside of the library, someone was sure to say something stupid to her.
After the death of her parents, Joanna had moved to New Jersey and attended a new school. She missed her old house, friends and most of all her parents but it couldn't be helped. Now she was living with her Aunt Bella and although her Aunt Bella loved her very much, she was no replacement for Joanna's Mother.
Once Joanna was in the library, she went to take her usual seat in the corner of the library behind a large book shelf where no one could see her. But when she got there, she saw somebody else sitting on the seat.
There were two seats there. For a moment Joanna considered going and sitting next to the boy sitting by himself. 'He'll probably say something stupid' Joanna thought but then realised that maybe this boy was hiding from something too.
So she decided to go and sit next to him. She didn't say anything to him, didn't even look at him. Joanna just grabbed her school bag and pulled out her sketch book. She opened it and continued working on her most recent piece of art. It was of a chubby girl, with ringlets holding a rabbit toy. She wasn't quite sure why she'd chosen to draw this, but she quite liked it.
The boy sitting next to her looked over Joanna's shoulder as she worked. Joanna didn't say anything. She never said anything unless spoken to.
But the boy did speak to her "Wow. You're really good at drawing."
"Thank you." Joanna replied very quietly.
"Do you take extra art classes or something?"
"No, I kinda taught myself." Joanna admitted. After her parents had died, it was all she really liked doing. She never bothered handing in homework and the teachers could never be bothered to force her.
"Well you're amazing," The boy smiled "My name's Mikey Way. I'm new here."
"I'm Joanna Reese. But call me Joe or Joey. Never call me Joanna or Anna." Her parents had always called her either Joanna or Anna because they believed those were girly names and that Joe and Joey were more boys names.
Mikey nodded "My brother's really good at art too. He's new here as well. So are my friends Ray Toro, Bob Bryar and Frank Iero."
"You all moved over here together?"
"We're orphans." Mikey admitted "We were all friends in the orphanage and a generous couple agreed to adopt all five of us."
Joanna stared at him. He was an orphan just like her?
"If your friends are here, why are you hiding in here by yourself?"
"I'm really nervous." Mikey told her "Why are you in here by yourself?"
"I don't have any friends." Joanna looked back down at her drawing "So I just sit in here and draw."
"Oh. Sounds kinda lonely."
"Sometimes I like being alone."
"Well... Maybe I could hang round with you in here? You don't mind, do you?"
Joanna shook her head and said "That would be awesome."

Hey Joanna, here's the picture that you drew by the way - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__z7Bdwu2_EA/SvIUvL0uvXI/AAAAAAAAB-k/23QlDa1ljpM/s400/2009-11-04_OKurth_Scary_Girl.jpg I just typed in 'Scary Girl Drawing' and I quite liked this one for some reason :L
Sign up to rate and review this story