Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Demolition Lovers

Drowning Lessons

by MCRmy_Chick 0 reviews

Things are looking up until Frank's ex-girlfriend appears...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-12-07 - Updated: 2011-12-08 - 973 words

1Insightful
AN: Because it's my birthday and I love you all, 2 more posts for tonight!

"Alright, Mr. Way," said Dr. Blune. "You're free to go."

"Thank God," Gee sighed, rolling his eyes up toward the ceiling and causing Frank to giggle.

It had been a week since the shooting, and the doctors had finally decided that Gee's shoulder was healing well enough to go home.

Dr. Blune's lip twitched downward, and it was obvious to Frank that he was trying not to act insulted. "No strenuous activities at all," he said, shooting a quick glare at Frank. "For a month. We'll see how much progress you've made, and discuss what you can and can't do afterward."

"Or who I can or can't do," Gee muttered. Frank flicked his boyfriend's ear with a finger, blushing.

About four days ago, the nurses had heard Gee's heart monitor go wild and had come running to the rescue. Instead of finding their patient dying from a heart-attack, they found Frank shirtless and straddling his boyfriend. Since then, there'd been a strict rule about someone else needing to be in the room when Frank visited.

Ten minutes after talking to Dr. Blune, Frank was pushing Gee in
a wheelchair through the hospital doors. Gerard grumbled the whole time.

"I was shot in the shoulder, not my fucking leg!" he cried. "This is ridiculous!"

Frank patted him on the head. "Poor baby," he crooned. Seeing Gerard's glare, he sighed. "Fine. Get up. We'll get a cab."

Gee stood, and Frank had a hard time not staring at the sling on his arm. "Great," he said sarcastically. "Why didn't you bring the Subaru?"

"Because," said Frank, walking up to the sidewalk. "last time I drove it, I almost crashed into a police car."

By the time Frank managed to hail a taxi, he was too busy grinning at Gee's astonished expression to notice who the driver was.

-

Gerard climbed into the backseat of the taxi after Frank, still in a daze. When he came out of it, he noticed the taxi driver staring at Frank.

Frank was staring back, his face white and his eyes wide.

Gerard frowned. As far as he could tell, the taxi driver was a pretty normal woman. Her brown hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail, and there was a faint smattering of freckles across her nose. She had to be twenty-five or younger.

"Frank?" Gee asked, not liking the way the woman was staring at his boyfriend. "What's going on?"

Frank swallowed. "You, uh, know how I was a prostitute?"

Gerard felt his stomach turn to water. "Yes..." he said slowly.

"She was one too," said Frank, looking like he was about to faint. "This is Naomi. My ex-g-g-g-"

"Girlfriend," Naomi finished, her brown eyes huge.

Gerard felt his heart skip a beat. Frank had had a girlfriend? 'Of course,' Gerard thought. 'No one as great as Frank stays single for long. But a girlfriend? Were they serious? Had they had sex?! Had he loved her?! Did he still love her?! She's pretty, but what had-?'

"Gee," said Frank, interrupting his thoughts. "Calm down. You look like you're going to have a heart-attack!"

Gerard felt jealousy rise up inside him like a snake about to strike. "Right," he muttered. "Sorry."

He reluctantly gave Naomi directions to his appartment and bit his lip to keep from screaming.

The taxi was completely silent. When they pulled up outside the apartment, Gee almost did a faceplant into the sidewalk in his haste to escape the taxi. 

"Well," said Naomi awkwardly as Frank left the backseat. "Been nice seeing you Frank."

"Yeah..." mumbled Frank, his face blushing crimson. 

Naomi gave a small smile. "Nice meeting you, Gee."

Gerard's face stiffened at the nickname. 'That's what my friends call me,' he thought angrily. 'And you are certainly not my friend!'

"Yeah," he said instead. "Nice meeting you."

Frank shut the taxi door and the yellow car sped off. Gerard thought he'd never been so happy to see someone running away from him.

He and Frank went up the stairs. Mrs. Grenn poked her head out her door to stare at them, but one look from Gerard made her disappear back inside.

Once Frank had shut their apartment door behind them, he turned on Gerard.

"What the hell was that?!" he demanded, pointing at the rapidly darkening window.

Gerard backed up, his good hand raised in surrender. "What?"

Frank's green eyes were blazing. "THAT! Naomi! You didn't need to fucking scowl at her like that!"

Gerard was beginning to get angry. "Well if you hadn't stared at her!" he snapped. "You think I liked the way you two were looking at eachother?!"

Frank looked like he'd been slapped. "What do you mean?" he asked in an eerily calm voice.

Gerard shifted uneasily. "Well, you were staring at her like... I don't know... like you still liked her."

Frank nearly exploded.

"LIKE I STILL LIKED HER?!" he screamed. "FUCK NO! IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT, GERARD?!" The name sounded like a curse coming from Frank's mouth, and Gerard backed away in fear. "THAT I'LL LEAVE YOU FOR A GIRL?! DO I LOOK LIKE A SLUT TO YOU, TOO?! FUCK YOU!"

Gerard felt his eyes sting. "Frank, I-"

Frank snorted. "I almost went back to her," he snarled, eyes watering. "I almost made up with her!"

"So why didn't you?" Gerard demanded, blinking away tears.

"BECAUSE I MET YOU!" Frank howled. Before Gee could stop him, he flew into the bathroom and locked the door behind him.

Gerard stood, shocked. Slowly, he sank to his knees and stared at the floor. "I'm so sorry, Frankie," he whispered. His promise to Frank crashed around him, breaking him and threatening to kill him.

"I hurt you."

:::::::::: Demolition Lovers ::::::::::
Sign up to rate and review this story