Categories > Original > Fantasy > Rain Or Shine

Rain Or Shine

by ShawnaAngel 0 reviews

There isn't always happy endings.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2011-12-10 - Updated: 2011-12-11 - 771 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

Destruction and death. This is now my home town. The people in Rainyville got what was coming for them. Yes. They did. They cowered behind their small "normal" ways. Hiding from reality. Not knowing that reality would find them and kill them. Not the wizards and witches of course. They are peaceful. The tremblins were taken control of by the goblins. Me? I stand here on the hill smiling. The big hill overlooking Rainyville shows the whole town.
Some buildings are halfway gone and some are fully blown away. But you would kind of laugh about it if you knew the whole story. Maybe not. I guess it just kind of depends. I mean after all there aren't always happy endings now are there? No I guess not. I would like to tell you that Rainyville is still a happy little town with wonderful people. That the sun shines every day and it's the happiest place on the planet. But I would be lying and I definitely don't like to lie.
I'll tell you the truth. Rainyville is filled with magical creatures. Like goblins, tremblins, vampires, wizards, witches, ogres, trolls, werewolves, elves, and dwarves. They all used to live peacefully together. That was until the blood witches came. I know what your thinking. What is a blood witch? Well my friend it's the most horrible thing on the planet. Yes I know the name doesn't sound dangerous but you have to know one to believe it.
Blood witches are foul. They will torture you until you wish for death. If they want to they can make you think that your worst nightmares are coming true. They've done this many many times. To me, no. They have tried, but it's hard for them to.......hypnotize me. Yes I believe hypnotize is the right word. I guess I should tell you what I am, but I think I'll let you find out later on. And the story begins...

Chapter 2

It all started around seven months ago. I was in Rainyville of course, but my friend Maleena was not. She had been in Livesrood. She sent me a message with her dove Scarena. Telling me that the blood witches had found about Rainyville and it's residents. They found it insulting that enemies were living peacefully among each other. I found it rather amusing. She said they were holding a meeting to discuss whether or not to do something about the town. I sent back a message telling her to find out as many details as she could.
I for one could possibly do something about the blood witches if they decide to come. Scarena flew off in the rain and I looked down. It rains all the time here in Rainyville. There is very little sunshine. Truthfully I love the weather. It keeps me in a "normal" mood. Although I do feel bad for Maleena being in a town filled with nothing but blood witches, I also envy her. For she is in a place filled with sunshine. How I do wish to see more than a little sun shine a year. Yes I do travel sometimes, but lately I haven't. And with the blood witches probably coming this little town will be destroyed.
"Hello stranger," my friend Aila says.
"Hello Aila," I say chuckling.
"What are you doing on this lovely day?" she says smirking at the clouds.
"Same old same old," I say shrugging.
"Lexine your always doing that come out and run with me. We can race like we did when we were kids," Aila grins flashing her fangs.
"Aila you always won remember? Plus I'm not as fast as you considering I'm not a vampire like you."
"So? You always won when we fight. And I'm a vampire."
"I don't really want to run," I say grinning. Aila isn't as strong as me and I think it's funny. Whenever we were kids Aila was stronger then everyone. But when she challenged me I threw her against the old oak tree and it broke. This made her mad. I thought it was funny. After that she backed down and quit challenging everyone except the other vampires. They helped her gain more strength and she challenged me again. Again I won and everyone wondered what I was. The only thing stronger then a vampire was a wrath witch. But all of them were gone. Or so they all thought.
"Fine I'll go find someone else to beat," she mumbled and walked away.
I chuckled and looked down at my desk. Then I grabbed my black cloak and headed for the hill.
Sign up to rate and review this story