Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Girl Next Door

Nobody Knows

by gopherkitty 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-06-20 - Updated: 2006-06-20 - 1484 words

-1Illiterate
Disclaimer: I forgot to put one on the first chapter so it will go on this one and it will be the only one I write other then the one on my profile. The only part of my story that is actually mine is the plot and the setting.


A Girl Next Door
Chapter 2) Nobody Knows

I know what your thinking, your thinking I'm a horrible person for talking to him like that, but wouldn't you if this was your morning. I mean let's run down the list. I was running late this morning and I forgot to eat breakfast, I get in the car and notice that not only will it not start the stereo is gone. When I finally do get to school I get mad and take out all my pent up frustrations on the one person who tries to help... and that's just the beginning.

By the time first period let out Kagome was still berating herself for the way she had treated Inu Yasha, she wasn't right for it and she was sorry, but she couldn't tell him that. Meeting up with Sango at her locker Kagome told her about her awful morning and how she had wrongly yelled at Inu Yasha.

For those of you who don't know Sango is like Kagome's mediator. No matter how big of a bitch Kagome has been or is being you can always count on Sango to make her feel better. Even if she doesn't deserve it.

"Do you want to go talk to him during him now during passing?"

Just the thought of this gave her cold chills down her spine talking to him meant talking to "her" and that was not something she was prepared to do right now. However the look on Sango's face clearly said to do it or else. And Sango's "or else" was another something she wasn't prepared to deal with, much to her dismay Kagome found she getting her biology book and heading in the opposite direction of her second period class to find the idiot Inu Yasha and his darling girlfriend.

The whole way there she kept telling herself that this was only an apology and nothing more, she knew she was wrong but just the simple thought my her feel better. When she got to Inu Yasha's locker he gave her a look like she had grown an extra head.

"Huh, stop looking at me like that I just wanted to say sorry for snapping at you in first period." She bit out not like the situation that she herself caused. 'How do I get myself in to these messes?'

"You here to apologize, is the world coming to an end?" He scoffed, his arm still around his girlfriend's shoulder, she still refused to look Kagome directly in the eye even though she and Inu Yasha has been dating for four months. The thought of Kikyou being intimidated by Kagome made Kagome smile a little.

"Look I had a bad morning, and I wrongly took it out on you I'm sorry." With that Kagome turned and walked with out having to talk to Kikyou, almost.

"I'm sorry you had a bad morning is there anything I can do for you." That's it she was doing this to her on purpose. 'I was almost gone and she had to start with the conversation.' Kagome turned around to look at Kikyou and found that her head was buried in her locker.

"No thanks, I'm sure I'll get over it soon."

Kagome didn't know what it was but something was not right with that girl, she was just too perky.

"Stop that."

"Stop what." Kagome looked toward her best friend with an innocent look on her face.

"I know what your thinking about and there is nothing wrong with Kikyou"

"Yes there is I know there is. I there wasn't then she would look at me when she talks to me, and why does she wait to talk to me when I turn around to leave. I mean maybe it's not her that has the problem maybe it's me."

"There's nothing wrong with you either, I don't get you why can't you just be positive. Sometimes you just have to let things roll off of you."

"Yea okay Sango I'll be sure and remember that" Kagome practically yelled over the noise of the bell and the other students, really high school was ridicules.

"I'm serious"

That was the only thing she could say the rest was drowned out in the sea of moving bodies. Kagome wasn't normally this negative it was just this day and that, that... WENCH!!! God she just wanted to scream, or hit her really hard or something as long it would make her feel better. Kagome laid her head down on the desk in front of her wanting nothing more then to be put out of her misery. Yes, ok she would admit it she was a little bit jealous oh Kikyou. It was a little known fact that Kagome had had a slight crush on Inu Yasha since Jr. High. They had been raised together and had lived in the same place for the majority of both their lives Kagome lived in the Higurashi Shrine on Higurashi Lane. (Yes it's something to have a whole street named after you.) Inu Yasha lived in house almost directly behind the shrine.

OK so the fact that Kagome liked him wasn't particularly a "little known" fact. It was only little known if you happened to be Inu Yasha, how this was possible nobody knew, Kagome had done everything except outright say it.

But just because she liked the idiot didn't mean she the right to hate his girlfriend, Kikyou was a perfectly nice person. Of course it didn't help that the two of them looked alike the only difference between them was they're hair, eyes, and personalities. Kagome was a tomboy and Kikyou was a little more refined, but that shouldn't matter Kagome was a much better person by far, at least that was what she kept telling herself. Did that justify anything, no not in the least? Why was this so damn confusing?

When the seemingly never ending wait for lunch ended Kagome picked up her bag and walked to her locker only to discover that she forgot her wallet, it didn't seem like the day would get any better but thanks to her two hour long mental bashing she refused to resort to negativity. Instead she met up with Sango and Miroku at the entrance to the cafeteria with a bright smile. Life was going to be good weather she had to force it or not

"Hi guys, I trust your day is going well."

"Well you're your looking a lot better then you were this morning." Sango said meeting Kagomes smile with one of her own.

"Hmm, of course I will be a lot better when you lend me money for lunch seeing as how I'm driving you home." Her smile never wavering

"Ahh I'm broke, Miroku give her some cash."

"What is wrong with you two didn't you eat your corn flakes this morning." Said Miroku reluctantly handing out his last ten dollar bill.

"What is with people and fucking corn flakes!!"

"There's a big bowl of them on your shirt"

Kagome looked down at her own T-Shirt and frowned, in her hast this morning she didn't look at what she had put on. She muttered an incoherent "damn it" and walked away to buy a sandwich. Miroku gave Sango a questioning look but never said a word.

After buying her sub sandwich Kagome Found her way to the rest of the gang and at in on a conversation between Miroku and Inu Yasha that went something like this.

"What the difference between God Speed and making hast."

"There the same things aren't they."

"Not really because they don't sound right when you replace one with the other."

"But if that's true then how would you kow which one is faster."

"That's what I'm asking."
"Do you think there's someway to determine one from the other?"

"Well we would have to make up an equation for the both of them."

It was at that point that both Sango and Kagome died laughing, how much more stupid could a conversation get, Kagome could feel herself be picked up from her previous bad mood, but then felt her light feelings almost instantly deflate as Kikyou approached the table with her small crew, and just when Kagome was feeling better listening to the antics of her two good friends.





A/N: Hi I'm back with the second installment, I know it's not very long but I've been out of town and this chapter was heavily rushed as it was... I'm sorry I swear the next chapter will be longer and a lot better.
Sign up to rate and review this story