Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burn This City Down

Epilogue - The Diner

by McrmyBVBparawhore 5 reviews

He pulled out a small black box out of his pocket and he opened it. There was a white gold ring with a diamond in the middle.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-12-16 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 1639 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N I tried posting the epilogue about an hour ago, but my computer froze and crashed, so hopefully, I'll be able to publish it this time! I'll be posting a ridiculously long, but important, Author's Note at the end of it. This is more of a short chapter than an epilogue, but hey, I guess I called it an epilogue for the fuck of it. There is OLOT of fluff in this chapter, so don't say I didn't warn you! Thankyou to EmsJayify, Lenorebear and mychemicalbitchbot for reviewing the last chapter! Sorry if there's any mistakes or typos and I hope you enjoy the last part to Burn This City Down, I've loved writing this fic! Enjoy ;)


Epilogue - The Diner


The next day, they were all about to leave the diner. They knew that it would probably be the last time they were ever at the diner, it saddened them in a way since there were so many good memories there, even though there were bad ones, too.
"I just realized something," Cherri said. "because BL/ind's been taken down, does this mean that we're not Killjoys anymore?"
They all thought about it for a second. "I guess we're not." Death said.
Acid shook her head. "No, we'll always be Killjoys. Just because BL/ind's gone, just because there's nothing to fight against for our freedom anymore, doesn't mean we're not Killjoys. We'll always be Killjoys, I guess we just won't be risking our lives on a daily bassis anymore."
Static smiled. "I'm just glad that Zack gets to live a life without BL/ind hanging around. Actually, scratch that, it's not just Zack, all of our kids will be able to live without BL/ind."
Ghoul laughed. "Me? Having kids? Nooo, not for a veeeerrrry long time, Static."
She smiled. "Okay, then I guess that Poison and Acid'll be the next to have kids."
Everyone looked at them. "About that-" Acid was cut off by her sister.
"Wait, are you pregnant? Oh my god, you're pregnant, aren't you!" Her sister smiled and hugged her.
"Congrats!" People started hugging Poison and Acid.
"That's not what I was going to say, I'm not preggers, but the news that we have is going to look shitty now because people got all exited about babies."
"Oh. What is it?"
"Why don't you tell them?" Acid said, smiling at her fiancé. Fiancé? She loved how it sounded.
"Well, Kobra and Dr. Death already know, but I preposed to Acid. We're engaged."
Everyone was quite for a minute.
"Usually people start saying congrats." Acid said with a smile.
"You're getting married?
"Yeah, we are."
Death looked at Poison with a very over exaggerated serious expression on her face.
"I know we've already had this talk, but as my sisters last living relative, it's my job. I like you, Poison. You're a good guy and you clearly make my sister happy, but if you ever ever hurt her, your ass is mine, understood?"
He smiled. "Yeah, I understand perfectly."
She smiled, losing her serious facial expression. "Then welcome to the family!" She hugged him and they smiled.
They all congratulated them on getting engaged, but they couldn't help but feel it was a big chapter in their lives had ended.
Cherri had tears in her eyes. "I know it sounds stupid, but it feels like it's the end of an era or some shit."
"I know what you mean."
"'S not the end, lets face it, our real lives are only just beginning." Ghoul said.
"That sounded cheesey as fuck, Ghoul." Death teased him.
"Fuck off, Death." He laughed.
"Promise me something?" Acid asked of all them.
"What?" Jet asked his best friends fiancé.
"After this, we'll all still be friends, we all may be fucked up, but I love you guys and life'll probably be normal-ish after this, we'll need some Killjoys to make our lives more exiting."
"Are you kidding:? We'll always gonna be friends. We're the Fabulous Killjoys for fuck's sake!" Ghoul said with a smile.
"Dad, is this the last time we'll be at the diner?" Grace asked Poison.
"Probably."
"I know it sounds weird, but I'll really miss it here." Acid confessed while her fiancé had his arms wrapped around her waist.
"I know, me too."
"I think we all will. This is where a lot of important shit has happened to us here."
Acid's eyes filled with tears, they were a mixture of happy and sad.
"Why are you crying?" Poison asked her.
"I'll just miss it here, but we're going back. We've got our lives back again." She smiled.
"I think we should go before this whole thing gets too emotional and it ruins the good mood." Kobra said.
"Okay."
Cherri Cola, Static Angel, Kobra Kid and Zack were the first to leave the diner, followed by Doctor Death Deyfying, Show Pony, Fun Ghoul, Jet Star and Grace. It was just Poison and Acid left in the diner.
"I have something for you before we leave."
"And what's that?"
"Well, when I preposed to you in the BL/ind head quarters, it was amazing, but it wasn't as special as I wanted it to be for you when I actually preposed."
He got down on one knee.
"Poison, you don't have to do this." She smiled.
"You don't want to see me make an idiot out of myself?"
She smiled and pretended to think about it for a second. "How can I refuse seeing you make an idiot out of yourself?"
He smiled.
"Alexandria Wednesday Oliveson," She blushed a little when he said her whole name. "I love you. I've loved you for what feels like an incredibly long time. Before you came into my life, I was fucking bitter. I just focused on the people we'd lost, like Bob and Layla, almost all the time and I blamed it on myself. When you came into my life . . . you made it hard for me focus on the bad. I thought that you were a beautiful person, inside and out, and I still do think that. For a while, you scared me. When you found Nixon again, it made me realize that I'd never felt so strongly about someone before and it scared the shit out of me. I was more scared that you wouldn't love me back, and by some fucking amazing miracle, you felt the same way. When you died, when I thought I'd lost you, I'd never been so fucking broken in my whole life. I tried to be strong for Grace, but I think I didn't do a good job of that. I never want to lose you again. I promise that I'll always protect you and love you for the rest of my life. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you want to marry me?"
She smiled a huge grin with tears in her eyes. "I'd love to."
He got up off his knee and he kissed her, but it only lasted for a couple of seconds.
"I almost forgot."
He pulled out a small black box out of his pocket and he opened it. There was a white gold ring with a diamond in the middle. It was simple, but beautiful.
He slid it on her finger and she smiled.
"I love you."
"I love you, too."
They walked out of the diner, hand-in-hand and they got into the Trans Am. The rest of the Killjoys had taken other cars, so it was just the two of them in the car.
"Let's go, Mr Way."
He smiled. "Happy to, Mrs Way."
She smiled and they drove away from the diner, out of the Zones and into Battery City, where they hoped would get married, have children and spend the rest of their lives there together.
Acid rested her head on his shoulder as they drove back to Battery City with a smile on her face. For the first time in years, she was truely happy, and that was the way she wanted to stay, and she knew that aslong as she had the people she loved the most, things would stay that way.
This was the ending, she never thought she'd get. It was an ending she never thought was possible.


A/N So that's it, the end of Burn This City Down. I've absolutely loved writing this fic, it's the first story that I've ever started and finished, so I'm really proud of this story. There's a lot that I'd like to say. First, thankyou so SO much you everyone who's reviewed this story in the past, if I could I'd give you all cookies and hot chocolate for reviewing, I love all of you! To the people who've read the story, but not reviewed, thankyou anyway for reading the story, I really appreciate it! Second, I've mentioned this before in author's notes in chapters, but I've been thinking about ideas for a sequel to Burn This City Down, so if you would like me to write a sequel, then please let me know! Third, I've been thinking about story ideas outside of my Killjoy fics and there is one particular idea that I would really like to publish on FicWad, but I've been thinking about doing auditions for this story, there would be about four or five parts available, so if you're intrested in that, then I'll be posting a seperate thing about it in a couple days. The good news is that I've broken up from school for Christmas (FUCKING FINALLY!!) and that means that I'll have more time for writing. That's about it . . . again, thankyou so much to everyone who's reviewed, I love you. For now, keep running, Killjoys and I'll see you all again fairly soon!
Much Love
-x- Toxic Revenge -x-
Sign up to rate and review this story