Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Time Shattered

Arrival

by femaleprongslet 1 review

Harry's time turner shatters and he is sent back in time! How will he cope with not being able to kill Wormtail? How will he deal with the curiousity of Moony, Padfoot, and Prongs?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, James, Lily, Peter, Sirius, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-06-20 - Updated: 2006-06-21 - 2424 words

2Exciting
Chater 1

Arrival

HARRY"S POV

"Stupefy!"

Harry's spell missed its target. Voldemort threw another killing curse at Harry, but he jumped behind a tree by the lake. The curse destroyed the tree. "It's nice to know your aim is getting worse with your old age Voldy!"

The Dark Lord was extremely pissed now. He threw another curse at Harry. When the magical punch hit him, He thought he was dead. It took a few seconds to realize the people around him were going backwards. Harry's Time Turner had cushioned the punch, but the shards of glass were splintered into his chest. The time was reversing even faster now and showed no signs of stopping soon. Harry was starting to get worried now. Would it ever stop? Would he be able to get back to his own time? The reversing had come to slow down. Harry fell to the ground. There must have been a hole where he was in his own time. He painfully got up. He was bleeding profusely from several deep gashes. Snape, the traitor had taught his Lord the Sectumsempra curse. Harry was losing blood. At this rate he would be dead soon.

BACK AT HOGWARTS

PRESENT TIME

HERMIONE'S POV

Harry disapeared right before my eyes. What did Voldemort do? Where was Hary? Was he okay? I was lost in thought when Harry bumped into me. Harry? What? He just disapeared! How did he do that? He never got his apparation liscense and Dumbledore's anti-apparition ward was still strong. How could he do that? Harry ran to where he had been seconds before where he had disapeared. Voldemort was celebrating. He thought Harry was gone for good. Harry was able to sneak up on him. Harry cast the final curse. Voldemort was gone for good. He was dead. All the death eaters that had showed up at the final battle were dead or stunned and bound. After the clean up Harry had an interesting story for us.

THE PAST

NO POV.

Harry climbed out of the hole. He was about to collapse from blood loss when someone grabbed and steadied him. "Prongs! What happened? I thought you were in detention with Slughorn!" Sirius was looking at 'Prongs' with concern.

"I'm not Prongs. I need to see Dumbledore NOW." Sirius was very confused. Moony and Wormtail came up to Harry and Sirius. Remus whipped out his wand and pointed it at Harry.

"Who are you!"

"Moony! I need to see Dumbledore now. Pads won't be able to take me as he is currentlty gaping at me. I need the password. It's urgent."

"No, what is more urgent is getting you healed." The 3 boys escorted Harry to the hospital wing.

Madame Pomfrey gasped when she saw him. "Mister Potter! What happened to you! Have you been dueling?", She asked hurriedly.

"My name is Harry, but my surname is Evans. I NEED to see Dumbledore NOW."

"Not until I heal you", Poppy said harshly, "The bleeding is stopped and the gashes are healed, but I can't get rid of the scars."

"Dittany." Harry stated simply.

"Pardon?", asked the healer.

"Dittany will get rid of the scars." Pomfrey went and got some dittany. Harry ate it and the scars disapeared immediately.

"How did that happen? Dittany doesn't have healing powers!" Harry remembered something he had read in his 7th year potions book. 'Dittany was discovered to have scar removing properties in , February 1977, under unknown circumstances.'

"What's today's date?", Harry asked.

The matron replied, " February 12th."

Harry chuckled. The circumstances were unknown because they couldn't just go and say the son of James Potter came from the future and told the school nurse to use it to heal his scars made by the one and only Voldemort during the final battle. No one would believe it. Harry's chuckling was starting to unnerve the people in the room.

"I'm gonna go get Dumbledore. ", And with that Sirius exited the room. Madame Pomfrey gave Harry some blood replenishing and pain relieving potions and another that got rid of his dizziness. She also tried to give him a calming draught, but Harry refused. He needed to speak to Dumbledore. Harry was to stay in the Hospital wing. In addition to the gashes which were now healed, He had several broken ribs, a fractured wirst, and a concussion. Harry turned to look at his ex-professor's past self.

"How did you know I wasn't Prongs?", Harry asked Remus.

"Your eyes are green and James' are hazel. Plus that scar on your forehead.", He explained.

"Oh." They sat in silence until Dumbledore, Sirius, and James came into the room. Remus's mind was whirling. How could this boy know their nicknames? Was he a seer or a legilimens? What if he knew about 'his furry problem'?

"Poppy, may I have a minute alone with the boy?", The headmaster asked.

"Of course headmaster.", replied the healer. Dumbledore conjured a squishy armchair and some curtains and placed a silencing charm on them.

"Now we won't be overheard. I would think it best that we start with who you are and where you came from."

"Right sir." Harry replied. "Well my name is Harry Potter and I um... well...came here from the future. My time turner was smashed and the Time Sand and Reversal Glass got into my wounds, and I came here."

"Well I have a few questions." interrupted the man. "Are you of any relation to James Potter?"

"Yes he is my father.", Harry informed him.

"And how was it that your time turner, did you say, got smashed?"

"In about 2 or 3 years, a prophecy is made. The prophecy basically says that a baby will be born as the 7th month dies, to parents who have escaped Voldemort 3 times, and that baby would be marked by Him and would have powers that he alone can use to defeat Voldemort. My parents are James Potter and the present Lily Evans. They escaped Voldemort 3 times. I was born July 31. When I was 13 months, my parents died to save my life. He tried to kill me but couldn't. He marked my destiny with this scar."

Harry showed his professor the scar on his forehead. "Voldemort gave me some of his powers that night. I can speak parseltongue and I have been the best at Defense against the Dark Arts in the whole school since my fourth year. I got an Outstanding on the OWL and the NEWT. I could also read His mind to predict his attacks so we could be ready. It is my destiny to kill Him, but to do so I need to get back to where my time. I was dueling Voldemort to get rid of Him once and for all when my time turner got smashed. I insulted Him and he threw a magical punch at me. I was too weak at the time to try a shield spell. My friends could also be dead right now and it would be all my fault."

"If it makes you feel at all better," Dumbledore started, "Your friends technically haven't even been born yet."

"Well the only way to get back to my time is to let time catch up with me. That is how time turners work. They only go backwards, not forwards. I'm going to be stuck in the past for 20 years before I can get back to my own time."

"Well think of it this way. You now have 20 years to learn how to kill Voldemort and spend time with your family."

"And I can learn why the traitors did what they did.", said Harry.

Dumbledore was severely incensed. "Traitors? WHO?"

"Professor, please. I can't change the 'present'. It will change the future. What they did in my time could have been a million times worse. We need to leave it the way it is, and I will only tell you if you swear to me you won't try to change it. It could be the difference of living in fear of Voldemort or being His mindless followers in an enslaved world."

Dumbledore hesitated but then agreed. Harry continued, "The 2 traitors of whom I speak are Severus Snape and Peter Pettigrew. Peter or whom I shall now refer to as Wormtail, was my parents secret keeper. When my parents heard of the prophecy they knew Voldemort would be after me and Neville Longbottom. I don't know what the Longbottoms did but my parents hid under the Fidelius charm. Wormtail handed my family over to Voldemort and he is the reason they're dead. Snivellus was a triple agent. He went over to Voldemort sometime during school. After a few years he realized that He was a hippocrate. He came back to the light side as a spy and he was a faithful one for 5 years. That was when he made an unbreakable vow with the wife of a Death Eater. He killed you about 9 months later and left to return to his master. When you died the whole wizarding lost hope until they realized I was still there. I know a lot of things about the people here. Remus is a werewolf. The marauders are animagi which I know you know because of your chocolate frog cards..."

Dumbledore interrupted him once again. "How did you know about...", he trailed off looking stunned and amazed at the same time.

"I knew in my fifth year. Everyone I knew got a Dumbledore for their first card. I thought it was just a coincidence until I remembered that portraits can do tasks for the people they trust, and a portrait would certainly trust the person that they were painted as. Then in the Room of Requirement, I was reading a book on magical surveillance spells so I could keep track of students I thought were leaning towards Voldemort. That was when I read that magical photos can report things to their real world counterpart. All you had to do was perform a permanent sticking charm and an invisibliity jinx and you have a personal video camera. That was when I started making my friends carry one with them at all times, in case of an attack, they had a direct link to me and you. All I had to do was put one of my pictures on the back with a permanent sticking spell and make it invisible. Basically, all you had to do was bewitch the boxes to transform the card to a Dumbledore card every time one gets opened. Then I read about fingerprint identification spells. The box scans the finger print of the person opening the box and if it ins't stored in the database, the bewitchment activates ensuring that everyone gets Dumbledore as their first card."

"Well I certainly am impressed Mr. Potter, except for one de..."

"You wrote the book I mentioned. That was why I was intrigued enough to read it. Also I wondered about how you knew about everything that happened in the castle. I also realized how you knew what Voldemort was planning. You bewitched an invisible muggle tape recorder to follow him around and record anything with the key phrases: Potter; Harry; Albus Dumbledore; attack; Hogwarts; ambush; kill; servents; revenge; and several other activation words."

"Well, Harry I am even more impressed. You seem to have thought of everything."

"Well not everything...", Harry admitted. "I still don't know why you let me do all those dangerous things."

"I do not know what you are speaking of Harry."

"Well I guess I'd better tell you now shouldn't I?. Well in my first year, someone broke into Gringotts to steal...hmm... how should I put it so it doesn't get overheard...Your little ''project'' with Flamel. They didn't get it though because you moved it to Hogwarts earlier that day. Well at the end of the year, Me and my friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, thought Snivellus was going to steal it. Well, we got past a giant cerberus named Fluffy, a room full of Devils Snare, a room with flying keys that I had to catch on a broom. That was pretty easy though because I was the youngest seeker in a century on my house team. Then we had to get past McGonagall's giant chess set which was also pretty easy being that Ron was the best chess player I had ever met. Ron sacrificed himself during that game though and me and Hermione went on. The next was pretty easy for her as she is very smart. We had to find the potion to get me through the black fire and towards the project and one to get Hermione back through the purple fire to help Ron and get you. Well, when I got in the next room I met the Mirror of Erised again. And also professor Quirrel, not Snivellus. I was surprised to say the least. He made me look in the mirror and I saw me with the stone in my pocket. I lied to Quirrel because I realized that the project was in the mirror and it had really put the project in my pocket. He knew I was lying because he had Voldemort sicking out of the back of his head. He made Quirrel try to strangle me but he couldn't touch me because of my Mothers sacrifice. I grabbed his face and he turned to dust and died. Voldemort got out of Quirrel's body and tried to kill me but just knocked me out and I saw you right before I passed out. You and Flamel destroyed the project, and Gryffindor won the house cup from all the points you awarded all of us.

Then in my second year the Chamber of Secrets opened again. No one died, but I could hear the monster talking. At one of the Quidditch matches, Hermione was found outside the library with a Ravenclaw prefect and a mirror. Well when me and Ron were visiting her one time, we found a small folded up piece of paper. It had information on the Basilisk. She had found out the monster and why I could hear it. I was a Parselmouth, and it was a snake. Later we found out that Ron's sister Ginny was taken into the chamber."

Harry continued on with his story, through to the final battle. But what he didn't realize, was that four Gryffindor boys were hanging on his every word.

A/N: Wasn't that a great chapter!

Yes it was!

Cliffie's rock!

Ready!

Set!

Review!

Kisses, Stephy
Sign up to rate and review this story